If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37" + 100hz full hd

Options
  • 16-12-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

hi all!
    looking for the above tv for these reasons
    saorview,mpeg 4,100 HZ,1080,3 HDMI ,2 scarts, dlna/ethernet & usb (movies)
    anything around £500?
    thanks
    s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

37" screens this year have had poor availability.

The only ones that I can think of within that price bracket is the LG 37LE5300 - http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/37le5300/lg-37le5300

This is priced at £499.95 and it is 100Hz and it does have 4 x HDMI inputs but it only has a single scart and it doesn't have the DLNA etc.

I can't think of a screen that would give you all that you would like for £500.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

What's the best value one you guys have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

The best 37" that we would normally stock is the Philips 37PFL5405 which is £429.95. These are a 100Hz LCD which are really good on the picture front and great sound too.

The 42" in that model is £469.95. These have been so popular that Philips have been extremely oversold but we are expecting new stock to arrive early in Jan. I think you'll find that for the spec and quality of these screens, the pricing from other manufacturers is a lot more expensive.

We also have the Philips 4-PFL5605 LED model which is £549.95 and if you are after an LED, this is also brilliant value for money.

Check them out and let me know what you think....there are a few boardies on here who already own these screens, so maybe they might give you their own opinions. (dangerours I know, but I'm confident)

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.