Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine / Irish broadband network issues

• 16-12-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Just had an interesting call with Imagine support. Was have issues accessing EVE online, after a quick trace saw I was not getting out of the IBB network. All works fine on other providers.

Called support and was told that IBB has issues with an upstream provider not routing traffic for them any more and essentially cutting off a portion of the Internet for them and there users (data centers in iceland badly affected, large hosting location) This issue is not likely to be resolved soon I was told.

Havent noticed any other sites affected yet, but this is very bad form for an ISP to be limited in such a way.

Support escalated the issue and they are aware of it, but no good news could be supplied.

Anyone else seen issues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm with Imagine DSL. I've not noticed any websites blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Try eveonline.com its affecting everything hosted in this area (large DC in iceland)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It redirects me to http://play.eveonline.com/en/home.aspx and loads without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Works for me from Imagine WiMAX...

(and I also know a few of the guys that work for Imagine/Irish Broadband play Eve Online, and they're not experiencing any problems)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Eve host there server in the Uk not Iceland There datacentre end is managed by AT&T with IBM hardware.

I did a trace to eveonline and the traffic from Dublin goes over packet exchange and cogent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

I've had problems with them recently. I think they are using level 3. however the response I got was not helpful at all.

Part of the response is below. It also took 15 days for them to respond also on hold now over 10 minutes.

"As you have identified in your original email your experiencing an issue once you pass through 212.162.17.153 on one packet in three, the other two results are showing responses of 10ms & 9ms which would indicate that the response of 120ms would be an anomaly rather than the standard.

However a whois check on this IP address reveals it is registered to Level 3 Communications not Irish Broadband or Imagine, we are unable to implement any network changes beyond our Network gateway as identified at hop four "DN07-ae0-2-ibis-gw-1.irishbroadband.ie [89.127.197.1]" so unfortunately in this case their is nothing we can do to resolve the situation

If you have any issues or comments regarding this query, please do not hesitate to call us on 1890 56 44 56 or by email to support@imagine.ie. Phone lines are open from 9 AM to 8 PM Monday to Friday, and from 10 AM to 4 PM on weekends and bank holidays.

Thank you again for your valued custom"

Advertisement