Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will i get visa with conviction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

what type of visa did you apply for.good to hear you got it

It's in the first post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 aisling.pw

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me out/give me some advice.

I am living in Ireland and I was convicted for assault a few years ago and received a 18 month suspended sentance.
    I have no other convictions and was never in trouble with the law other than this one time.

I want to travel to the USA for 4 days with the lads for a holiday this year but am worried about filling out the ESTA form.

I was wondering what the possibility is of them finding out that I have a conviction, if I select NO on the form?

I have heard people have chosen NO when they have had convictions before and had no problem going through - especially because it is a holiday visa, not a real visa.

But I dont want to get there and be refused entry either.

Any info or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Aisling this is the Australian forum not USA. Maybe you can ask there?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

Dont tell the truth.....they won't go looking unless you bring it up.

I mentioned I lived in a Spain for a few years and they wanted me to do a medical. I kicked up a fuss and the visa went through but they had me booking chest exams and the like.

Next visa I did not mention it and it went through in less than 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

[QUOTE=mise_me_fein3;79301002]Dont tell the truth.....they won't go looking unless you bring it up.

I mentioned I lived in a Spain for a few years and they wanted me to do a medical. I kicked up a fuss and the visa went through but they had me booking chest exams and the like.

Next visa I did not mention it and it went through in less than 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek:
    not great advice in my opinion, just cos they didn't check yours dosn't mean that they wont check anyone elses, this sort of advice would have been fairly solid 20 odd years ago or even 10 yrs ago. but with the advances in technology it is just getting easier and quicker to do full backround checks on visa applicants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement