Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU Cancelled

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

don ramo wrote: »
    were now nearly in februrary so id say SGU is done, theyd wanna be starting production on season 3 about now in order to have it ready for sep-oct,
    If another channel does pick it up, they are unlikely to make the same mistakes SyFy made, i.e. they won't be looking to start it in the Autumn. They'll want to run it through with no major mid-season gap (maybe a week or two here and there if something pre-empts it), and if they were really smart, they'd aim to have it running through the summer, like Stargates of old, where they had the most success in terms of viewership. So there is still a fair bit of time to find something. The biggest threat in terms of time will be the actors/writers getting other jobs before something is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭moss.ie

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭5huggy

This is bad news indeed. When i get really into a new show like this they go ahead and cancel it. Hopefully another network will pick up the pieces but i doubt this very much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm calling it now...i predict SyFy will burn off the last ten eps. sharpish, maybe all in one week or two eps. per week but they will NOT have a 10 week normal season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

I'm calling it now...i predict SyFy will burn off the last ten eps. sharpish, maybe all in one week or two eps. per week but they will NOT have a 10 week normal season.

For once I hope your right! new episodes marathon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I wish taht would happen heh. waiting with these breaks ruins series.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was thinking this morning what would make Stargate more popular with people these days, and considering the utter tripe that seems succesful on most channels, i think Martin Lloyd was right...

I know Richard would love it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Good news.
    Malozzi reports that a significant hurdle's been passed and that prospects of SGU making a return is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Good news.
    Malozzi reports that a significant hurdle's been passed and that prospects of SGU making a return is a lot better.

Return as in 'return' or return as in Return return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

From his blog
    Speaking of buzz – I exchanged emails with Brad today and he reports another major hurdle has been cleared. Almost there, Stargate fans. Again, this is show business, so even the most promising of scenarios can go sideways fast (and dead-end scenarios turn around just as quickly). Nothing is written in stone but things are looking MUCH better now than they did last week when things looked much better than they did the week before. Meetings are still ongoing and I, like most of you, am really beginning to feel antsy. Hopefully, by the time we head back into the office for the Day 1 Mix of Blockade, we’ll have something more substantial to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So he stops short of giving any thing concrete...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

So he stops short of giving any thing concrete...

we're not in the know...! he probably cant say anything like..

I know, but I think he'd be better off just not saying anything untill he has something concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

Im starting to think he's full of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Writing/storyline aside, without any strong female characters (Besides the somewhat sidelined Camile) and Eli (What do you do with him?), I'm not sure it matters. Think how depleted even the mighty BSG would have been without Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff.

SGU would actually be a better show if it was just Carlysle on the ship by himself, and I liked the show for the most part.

Greer and Young aren't too bad but Rush is just that good to warrant the above sentense true.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Goldstein wrote: »
    Writing/storyline aside, without any strong female characters (Besides the somewhat sidelined Camile) and Eli (What do you do with him?), I'm not sure it matters. Think how depleted even the mighty BSG would have been without Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff.

SGU would actually be a better show if it was just Carlysle on the ship by himself, and I liked the show for the most part.

Greer and Young aren't too bad but Rush is just that good to warrant the above sentense true.

Why does it matter if it doesn't have any strong female characters. Quicker pacing, better writing, better characters, fewer bad or weak episode would definitely help the show but a strong female character isn't going to improve the show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why does it matter if it doesn't have any strong female characters. Quicker pacing, better writing, better characters, fewer bad or weak episode would definitely help the show but a strong female character isn't going to improve the show.

Nope, pretty sure they just needed to not kill off the hot girl.

*dusts hands

^ aye...they killed off hot redhead, the show was dead to me then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

in fairness it was crap.

even tho it was good it was still a piss poor series... lets hope they redo atlantis or maybe its the end of stargate.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

lets hope they redo atlantis

yeah, SGU ends and just cut to, meanwhile back on atlantis, rodney thought of somthing ingenius that got them back to pagasus, helped find 20 ancient warships, constructed 40 new deadalus class cruisers (after all he can only do so much in 2 years:D), and off we go with an all out war with the wraith,

in fairness it was crap.

even tho it was good it was still a piss poor series... lets hope they redo atlantis or maybe its the end of stargate.....

It was crap, good and piss poor, all in the same sentence?

It was crap, good and piss poor, all in the same sentence?

the expression have a coke and smile and stfu springs to mind.... :)

the expression have a coke and smile and stfu springs to mind.... :)

Yeah, the report button also comes to mind.

Yeah, the report button also comes to mind.

Just think about this for a sec......

If you corrected jack o neill what would he say...

You knowingly acted like some sort of Superior snob.... yet then when i throw jive ass comment back you get up set?.... Seriously you corrected some body on the internet if your that anal well maybe you should go out and have some fun and stop worrying about the english language !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Just think about this for a sec......

If you corrected jack o neill what would he say...

You knowingly acted like some sort of Superior snob.... yet then when i throw jive ass comment back you get up set?.... Seriously you corrected some body on the internet if your that anal well maybe you should go out and have some fun and stop worrying about the english language !

It's time to hit the big red button to open the airlock, to get this jackass outa here!

Thats what Jack would say and it would be about You snow-monkey...:P

pegasus1 wrote: »
    It's time to hit the big red button to open the airlock, to get this jackass outa here!

Thats what Jack would say and it would be about You snow-monkey...:P

:pac:

and you named your self after a ship :p

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

in fairness it was crap.
    !

Hand in your GDO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Little bit on Joseph Mallozzi's blog from a few days ago, and no there isn't any big news on it before you get your hopes up!
    Still no definite word on the Stargate front. Following a flurry of promising developments, things have gone unbearably quiet. Not a bad sign just… no sign. There’s an anticipation that good news could break any day now – but the longer the wait, the greater the challenge when the time comes.
    To those holding out hope that this could mean a third season pick-up – alas, this isn’t one of the scenarios in play. Nevertheless, as I said in a previous entry, if and when we finally do get the green light, Brad has some wonderful surprises in store for fans of SGU (as well as fans of the Stargate franchise in general). I’ve got my fingers crossed for all involved, even though it’s looking more and more like I won’t be among them.

It confirms what I'm guessing most of us knew already that it wouldn't be coming back as a third series. Wonder what other scenarios are in play though :pac:

• Advertisement

Little bit on Joseph Mallozzi's blog from a few days ago, and no there isn't any big news on it before you get your hopes up!

It confirms what I'm guessing most of us knew already that it wouldn't be coming back as a third series. Wonder what other scenarios are in play though :pac:

Mallozi gets another pilot he's working on greenlit....this guy is blowing smoke, the show is a poisoned chalice.....no channel will pick it up.

Advertisement