Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you 'adopt' a grandparent in Ireland?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is an adopt a grandparent type situation in Ireland?

It might sound like a ridiculous question, but my child has no grandparents on either side and I often feel like he's missing out on what my own grandparents gave to me.

I have been helping out some elderly neighbours in the recent cold weather, and we have both enjoyed that feeling of being in their company...unfortunately, they all have their own families, who just couldn't get to them in the snow etc.
    I feel that this would be a situation that would work both ways I hope. I don't even know if this is the right section to write this message, but perhaps someone could point me in the right direction?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from PI to parenting, hope you get better answers to your query here. :cool:

Advertisement