Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location in profiles

Options
  • 16-12-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Just a quick request.

If you're going to be making a lot of posts about the snow, and where it's falling or "pelting down here", "not a flake where I am" etc...can we please make sure to put your location into your profile or post it in each reply!

To put it in your profile, got to the top left of the page, click "User CP" and then "Edit your details" and save.

(Mods if this is out of place, delete as appropriate :) )

[/backseatmodding]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Great point. Makes it a lot easier to follow the track of where snow is heading.
    If there was any chance you could answer this I'd be grateful.
    How do people know how many metres above sea level they reside?
    Fascinated by that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Great point. Makes it a lot easier to follow the track of where snow is heading.
    If there was any chance you could answer this I'd be grateful.
    How do people know how many metres above sea level they reside?
    Fascinated by that one
    http://earthtools.org

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

delw wrote: »

That, or a Discovery Series OS map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

delw wrote: »
    Nice one. Amazed I'm 120m above sea level. West Tallaght area. Cheers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Nice one. Amazed I'm 120m above sea level. West Tallaght area. Cheers:)

I know! I'm 146m! Knew we were high since we have a good view of the city and look down on the spire and that's 120m....but didn't know I was that high!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

A great idea to add the elevation to you location. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

sdonn wrote: »
    Just a quick request.

If you're going to be making a lot of posts about the snow, and where it's falling or "pelting down here", "not a flake where I am" etc...can we please make sure to put your location into your profile or post it in each reply!

To put it in your profile, got to the top left of the page, click "User CP" and then "Edit your details" and save.

(Mods if this is out of place, delete as appropriate :) )

[/backseatmodding]

It's worth mentioning also that locations don't show up on the mobile site, a lot of people who are travelling may be using the mobile site so it would be nice to see a "pelting down here, in Timbuktu" or whatever.

Advertisement