Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post an acoustic guitar from Australia to Ireland?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Anyone know how much this would cost approx.?

What's the best way to do it (courier, etc.)?

I bought a guitar for $100 while I was there, but left it with the rellies cos I didn't wanna drag it around when I was travelling. It's a really nice guitar and it plays great, so I'd love to have it here. However I don't fancy spending a bomb on it either...

Anyone have a clue about this? It doesn't weigh that much, like 3kg max I would think. It's just awkwardly shaped obviously.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

It will cost you 3 times what you paid for it to get it to Ireland and could be bust in transit.

Id leave it go tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

^+1

save the money you'd spend sending it home and buy a better guitar in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

So, em, dibs on the guitar you left :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

give to the op shop mate, it will cost 100$ for registered post and about 40$ for a three month unreg shipping container.

Unless you want to ship more stuff? Those prices cover up to 20kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's the op shop tba? I'd be willing to pay $100 I suppose! Wouldn't get a decent guitar over here for that much, so might as well get the one I know I like!

Everyone else -- stop giving me bad news! I love that guitar! :D Mellor -- fvck off, chancer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Dave! wrote: »
    What's the op shop tba? I'd be willing to pay $100 I suppose! Wouldn't get a decent guitar over here for that much, so might as well get the one I know I like!

Everyone else -- stop giving me bad news! I love that guitar! :D Mellor -- fvck off, chancer!

Also consider the damage caused by varying humidity, temperature and pressure.

Seriously, don't post it.

You'd end up with a pile of timber fragments.

Buy a second hand here and sell it when you move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Do a Jonny Cash with it and it will pay for its self;) joking!

I know lads that sent home Didgareedoo's, the proper one's, and when they arrivied 3 out of 4 had split.
    Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I left my guitar in melbourne! Wasnt worth it. Tried sellin it on gumtree but I had left before anyone made an offer! Now its in a house somewhere in St Kilda! :(

Have you tried looking for the same guitar in Ireland? Or on thomann?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Dave shipping from Oz is horribly expensive... Mellors offer is actually not bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I would be willin to offer 'Some' Financial Recompense, Should said GEEEETAR's construction be of the Quality ascribed to it by mr Dave

• Advertisement

Cheers lads

Anyone know a website/somewhere that I could get a quote on it? I wanna know roughly what it'd cost.

tbh I wouldn't be too gutted if it got a bit damaged as long as it's still playable when it arrives! It's only a cheapo second hand guitar, but it just sounds good and is fun to play. The guitar I have at home is a piece of sh*t and I can't bring myself to use it :p

Thanks again

p.s. If I can't get it home then I'll just give it to the rellies as a present ;) My aunt wants to learn to play! But thanks for the offers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

dave after xmas i will ask in my local post office.

Don't trouble yourself unduly Zambia, but if you happen to be posting something then that'd be great! Cheers man!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Airmail $116.75
    Seamail $57.10

from the postoffice website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

only guitar worth brining back from Aus is a Maton or a Cole Clark!

Advertisement