Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[AIB] Student Loan ad campaign video wanted.

Options
  • 16-12-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has a video of the ad campaign for student loans running from around 2006-2008.

They had students looking for loans telling the bank manager stuff like;

"Train tracks mean bling bling"

"I need books for college"

While at the same time If I remember correctly they had subtitles to illustrate the alternative meanings of the loan requests, ie. One man wanting a new drum kit.

And at the end it did the usual,

"For whatever you need, AIB"

or something similar.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That was actually a BOI ad campaign. Why are you looking for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Ahh thanks, perhaps that will assist in my search.

Just looking at it for personal interest I suppose it expresses a certain irony now about how the banks where actually giving loans out for anything and at the time they were in some ways admitting it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd be skeptical if anyone actually recorded it on video, but check the likes of youtube, it might be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Searching from it now, from posts on boards.ie it seems to be around since 2004.

Advertisement