Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phantom text

• 16-12-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Ye know when you're phone vibrates in your pocket and then you check it but there is no text there...wtf?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Are you sure it's a phone you're talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Nope never had that. I do wake up in the middle of the night thinking i've heard my phone ring/got a text and there's nothing there tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

My phone does something like that - left on the dressing table at night, it sometimes makes a buzzing noise but there is no call or text. A puzzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

Some Sony Ericssons do that. It's a bug in the software.
    Mine switches itself off every now and then.
    Sometimes it buzzes like it's going to switch itself off and then changes its mind. :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sounds like you're phone is haunted.I think you need a textorcism done.:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Maybe it's just teasing you because yer not popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

that sucks when that happens but i do love when i look at my phone and THEN get a txt. i feel like i have super powers;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Has happened a few times. Odd alright.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ye know when you're phone vibrates in your pocket and then you check it but there is no text there...wtf?

I think I found the root cause....

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

It's fair annoying when you're on the motorway or a twisty road and you have to check your inbox:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

sometimes when my phone is not in my pocket my leg vibrates like i got a text !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

Low battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Nope, but I hate it when you think you have all the peas eaten off your plate and you lift a carrot and lo and behold, there's another pea......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MarkR wrote: »
    I think I found the root cause....

Link

I would have called it a phantom friends sensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Kiera wrote: »
    Nope never had that. I do wake up in the middle of the night thinking i've heard my phone ring/got a text and there's nothing there tho.

I think that is the most disappointing thing,the excitement then the let down that no one was looking for ya :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Happened me today!

As someone else said,happens a few Sony ericssons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

On the iphone 3 if the silence buttons flicks in your pocket it will vibrate - the message is very quick - so you dont notice - then you have like 30 txts and missed calls when you look at it later ! :mad:

Advertisement