Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rialto - good or bad area?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of going to view a property to rent in Rialto, just off Reuben Avenue. It looks really nice, however as I don't know the area I would like to hear people's opinions. The street that I'm looking at backs onto the Herberton development, and I am also aware of the area's proximity to the Dolphins Barn flats.
    I really just want to know
    Is the area safe?
    Is it quiet?
    Is there much anti-social behaviour?
    I lived in the north inner city for a year, where I was mugged, saw cars been broken into, saw one car being set on fire, the streets were constantly filthy, kids would hurl abuse randomly etc. Basically, I don't want to deal with that sort of crap again. How does Rialto fare in comparison?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

I live a couple of minutes walk from Herberton, towards the Guinness end of things. I've been here for seven months.

I find the area pretty quiet aside from fireworks at Halloween. There are a certain amount of inner-city kids around but not a great number, and I haven't seen trouble from them. I've seen one instance of damage to a car, that was Halloween weekend and it was a broken window on a Punto. So overall area is not awful at all.

However I'm a little further from the Dolphin's Barn flats and I'm on a more main road so that might make all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BrianBlessed

Try asking at the thepropertypin, it's a good resource

Advertisement