Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present help 15year boy

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

all,
    hope this forum is ok to post on.

I am doing volunteer work mentoring a 15 year old boy. I would like to get him a small present for xmas - I have only meet him a few times, so dont know him that well yet. Any advice on possible gift for a street wise, 15 year old? (Budget not too high - Maybe 15-25 Euros.) Any thoughts would be great as I dont really know what 15 year olds are into:)

H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kunle

A radio/cd boombox

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

HMV/JD Sports/whatever he's into giftcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

A boombox? This is 2010 ;)

iTunes Voucher/Game Stop voucher perchance if he has an iPod/MP3 player/Playstation. Unextravagant yet good value, he can choose what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I was laughing at the boombox too:D I had one in 1982!

If you're mentoring, my guess is that he's a disadvantaged (though I hate that word!) 15yr old...and I doubt he would have an ipod (although I could be wrong).

I'd get him 20e in vouchers from McDonalds! I get them for a few of my nephews/nieces over xmas around that age, and they've often told me it's their best present, as they don't have to ask mum/dad for the money for McD's for a few trips:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

15 year old girl!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

A watch?

Dunnes stores voucher?

Tommy boy aftershave?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

A voucher is the safest option - 20 quid for any of the suggestions above (or cinema voucher? clothes shop eg next? phone credit if you know his network?). In my experience its easier to get it wrong than right for that age!

Advertisement