Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird signal problem

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

been having a problem lately with my netgear dgn1000, firstly its the same problem on several laptops so i feel problem is with router, house is also timber frame with wooden stud partitions. using inssider i have a signal of -78 about 4m from the ap but its verying alot it goes from -62 to -78ish constantly, but in the morning it could be -52 perfect then give it a few hours back to usual. ive changed wireless channel and upgraded firmware on router and laptop still the same, my neighbours wifi are on different channels but all i can think of is interference from something else on 2.4ghz locally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

did you try to relocate the router somewhere else, do you have any cordless hanset, is it beside a microwave, and is there many wireless/bluetooth devices around. These all make different to the signal strength and dropping.

After the firmware update, did you hard reset unit and setup everything again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

yeah i did a hard reset, the only thing it is close enough to is a cordless phone but ive plugged it for a day and it made no odds what so ever, other than tha tnothing else wireless/bluetooth in my house, ill try moving it but it wont be a permanent solution as only 1 phone point in the house

Advertisement