Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - December 17th 2010

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Okay it's official
    On tonight's 'Late Late Show' Ryan Tubridy will be joined by former X Factor contestant, Mary Byrne who will be performing live plus Limerick group The Rubberbandits are set to appear.

The Ballyfermot singer, Byrne, will tell Tubridy all about her experience on the show and her plans for her future.The much-talked about Rubberbandits are currently aiming to top the Irish charts and obtain a Christmas No. 1 with their single 'Horse Outside'.Also appearing on the show are Oscar nominee Saoirse Ronan and Dublin band The Script. Tubridy's second season is proving even more successful than last year with an increase from 789,000 to 797,000 for the same period in 2009.

The Late Late Show is on RTÉ One tonight at 9.35pm.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Who's DLB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Probably the most random combination EVER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

I heard they're performing the "horse outside" song but with Mary Byrne as the hot bridesmaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I might actually tune in to see how Tubs handles with the Bandits.

Actually, after some serious contemplation...I wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Now peeps,I don't claim to possess psychic powers,or the ability to predict future happenings,but even I can see that this is gonna be toe curling,watch through your fingers,car crash television.

Royal Ryan could be hitting new lows tonight :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

giftgrub wrote: »
    I might actually tune in to see how Tubs handles with the Bandits.

Actually, after some serious contemplation...I wont.

If I heard it right, the bandits wont be on apparently according to Ivan Yates :confused:

They werent allowed use their unique take on the english language apparently.

The grannies of Ireland would be shocked and appalled by this attack on their senitive ears...and DLB's too of course. :rolleyes:

Shame if this is true...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

telekon wrote: »
    If I heard it right, the bandits wont be on apparently according to Ivan Yates :confused:

They werent allowed use their unique take on the english language apparently.

The grannies of Ireland would be shocked and appalled by this attack on their senitive ears...and DLB's too of course. :rolleyes:

Shame if this is true...

I think they are on but they wont be singing Horse Outside, because of the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

giftgrub wrote: »
    I think they are on but they wont be singing Horse Outside, because of the language.

What's the point of having them on if they're not going to sing "Horse outside"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Poly wrote: »
    What's the point of having them on if they're not going to sing "Horse outside"?

Perhaps DLB has invited them on for a serious in depth discussion on the arts, along with fellow panelists Joe Duffy, Willie O'Dea and Anthony !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

What language is too awful to be heard at 10:30 p.m.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

goose2005 wrote: »

It is after the water shed after all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Have you ever seen them being interviewed? They've got a whole lot more to offer than just that song. They're smart, funny f*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bandits and Byrne duet maybe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bandits and Byrne duet maybe ;)

They've shared a stage with Crystal Swing so it's not that far-fetched an idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

Irelands U23 European Gold Cross Country Team will be on also from what I've heard. Not sure it will interest the wider public though.

Perhaps the Black Speech of Mordor?

token56 wrote: »
    Irelands U23 European Gold Cross Country Team will be on also from what I've heard. Not sure it will interest the wider public though.
    yeah, we'd much prefer some idiot who came fifth in a TV talent show than genuine athletic champions. Small countries almost never win team events so they should really be recognised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Saoirse Ronan and The Script are also on tonight.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1217/thelatelateshow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Mary Byrne - :mad: Fuck X-Factor and her cheesy fake "rags to riches fairytale"

Johnny Logan - Ah shur, grand

Cross Country Team - :) looking forward to this, hope Ryan doesnt harp on about some "inspiration for young lads to run" shite.

Rubberbandits - :D These lads are much more intelligent and articulate than people think. Ive heard "Horse Outside" enough at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

put a plastic bag over ryan and he could be a bandit also :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

tbh, I've always had my suspicions anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

The bandits were unmasked in todays Indo.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/jokers-unmasked-as-middleclass-lads-2464672.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They are NOT performing that song tonight btw people..

Bandits' horseplay too hot to handle for Late Late
    IT is the most talked-about song in the country but YouTube sensations The Rubberbandits will not be performing their hit when they appear on the 'Late, Late Show' tonight.So far, the video for track 'Horse Outside' has recorded nearly two million hits on YouTube but fans expecting a live performance on RTE's flagship chat show hosted by Ryan Tubridy will be disappointed."If you go on the 'Late, Late Show' they make you perform without cursing," main member Blindboy Boat Club told the Irish Independent. "There are 17 instances of the word f**k in the our song and we don't want to perform it without those curses so we're not doing it."

Hopefully just have them on for five minutes at the start and get rid of them... They've already made The Republic Of Telly (which was a good enough show) unwatchable for me.. Dont want them to make the LLS unwatchable as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

yeah, we'd much prefer some idiot who came fifth in a TV talent show than genuine athletic champions. Small countries almost never win team events so they should really be recognised.

Trust me I know, I'm glad they are going to be on the show, they deserve as much recognition as they can get but will be overshadowed by others like you said. I know one of the guys personally and I'm absolutely thrilled they are on it and I agree with what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Have you ever seen them being interviewed? They've got a whole lot more to offer than just that song. They're smart, funny f*ckers.

they were interviewed by henry mckean on newstalk this afternoon. they were very very funny and extremely quick. henry mentioned he was of a protestant background of toothpaste makers. the reply was 'protestant toothpaste, washing the orange off your teeth!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

they were interviewed by henry mckean on newstalk this afternoon. they were very very funny and extremely quick. henry mentioned he was of a protestant background of toothpaste makers. the reply was 'protestant toothpaste, washing the orange off your teeth!'

When was this on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Paul Galvin, the Kerry Gaelic Footballer, is also on tonight, according to the twitter.
    Saoirse Ronan, Mary Byrne, Paul Galvin and lots lots more on tomorrow night's #latelate
    Wikipedia tells us an interesting fact about Paul Galvin
    His wishes to become a dentist were drained when he pulled out Cork footballer, Eoin Cadogan's, tooth in an unprofessional manner.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Galvin_%28footballer%29

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    When was this on??

http://www.newstalk.ie/

moncreiff's show. part 2, about 20 mins in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Saoirse Ronan and The Script are also on tonight.

*Whisper*
    "Saoirse Ronan"..... "Saoirse Ronan"

*Tubridy cums in his pants*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

mikom wrote: »
    *Whisper*
    "Saoirse Ronan"..... "Saoirse Ronan"

*Tubridy cums in his pants*

Was it Saoirse Ronan that he had the conversation about sweets the last time she was on?

Advertisement