Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - December 17th 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Is Lou Gehrig bringing out a book?

Poor Lou has passed away...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

He's clearly on the show to raise awareness. Don't see why you're all getting on his back about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

God help him and his family going through this.

But how into his horses is he if he referred to his hind legs instead of saying his heels! He is a great story teller though please god he has many many more stories to tell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

In fairness there are plenty of people who would like to listen to his story. Especially when you see someone on the box nearly every day but never get to see any bit of their personality.
    And these people are probably a lot more likely to pay for a tv licence than some of us here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

8/11 he has a book......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

poor man.........

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Is this entertainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

papagormo wrote: »
    im entrawled by this interview,

So much so it's affected your spelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

NickDrake wrote: »
    Oh dear god, he LOVES himself. Get on with it

Loves himself? Are you serious? He's talking about a disease that's going to destroy him and his family's life to the point he wont be able to anything for himself. I've seen this deterioration first hand.

Awareness is good, leave the man alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Wow this is some honest emotional stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I don't like him and I've never liked his sports reporting but this is a good interview. You can always tell on the LLS when you can hear a pin drop in the studio and nobody is coughing. Total silence from the audience.

Brave stuff coming on. Fair play to ya Colm. I wish you well on your journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    8/11 he has a book......

1/1000 He dosen't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Sorry but has to be said...some amount of assholes on here tonight.

Good luck Colm. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Pure gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That's it Ryan .. warm the audience up for the Rubber Bandits.... The audience will be in tears by the time they take the stage ffs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

This is more like therapy than an interview, what ****e questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Bizarrely, Lou Gehrig may not have suffered from the disease which was named after him (in America)

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2010/08/lou-gehrig-disease/

And Good luck to Colm Murray, he's always been a very good presenter with a genuine love of sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

dapto1 wrote: »
    So much so it's affected your spelling!

The spelling was good enough for you to understand what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

"Was there a moment you picked yourself up off the floor..."

Poor choice of words there Tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Though, to be fair, Kenny started it. I don't remember it being half as .. tragic .. during the Gaybo years. It was all Lenny Henry falling off a chair and young Perrier winning comedians outraging the Churchies back then.

Aye. Lenny Henry used to fall off the chair every week back in the Gaybo years. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Speaking very well in fairness to him. Wish him the best in his fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Loves himself? Are you serious? He's talking about a disease that's going to destroy him and his family's life to the point he wont be able to anything for himself. I've seen this deterioration first hand.

Awareness is good, leave the man alone.

Should he not be talking less about himself and more about the disease and others who suffer??

And also about the waiting lists people have and do not have the ability to get bumped up and seen the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,598 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I remember a couple of years ago RTE wouldn't send him to Cheltenham because of budget cuts, I wonder was it the poor lad not being able to make it that was the reason. Was reading there about the disease, looks terrible, you keep your mind fully but the rest fades away, must be like a prisoner in your own body.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

Oh dear god, he LOVES himself. Get on with it

I am sure he was pushed in front of other people on waiting lists.

to be fair I don't think he loves himself I think he just likes talking and he is sharing his story .. this will kill him end of..and what a ****ing death too.

And I would say he went private with VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Should he not be talking less about himself and more about the disease and others who suffer??

And also about the waiting lists people have and do not have the ability to get bumped up and seen the next day?

Jesus, thats harsh. I hope thats just a poor attempt at a wind up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

What a tragedy for him and his family. I wish him well - I liked the way Tubs allowed him to speak for so long at the start - it was terribly important to him that he told his story obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

The guy is a class act. Honesty on this show, just telling it how it is, very refreshing. Would wish him the best in dealing with his illness. Ryan is letting him talk, not a prompt card in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

ascanbe wrote: »
    Aye. Lenny Henry used to fall off the chair every week back in the Gaybo years. Good times.

Except for the Brendan O'Carroll nights. Shudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

DLB looked so interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

If you have money in this country you don't have to wait
    steady on with the rush to judgement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I see a ribena berry sitting beside that doctor.eek.gif

Advertisement