Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - December 17th 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

in all the sentiment...does anyone else pray he finishes the interivew with

"Colm Murray, RTE NEWS!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Ryan basically just asked her how long did he have to live.. *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

NickDrake wrote: »
    Should he not be talking less about himself and more about the disease and others who suffer??

And also about the waiting lists people have and do not have the ability to get bumped up and seen the next day?

Do you not think that by going on TLL he is raising awareness, for people that might have a little niggle and this might push them to see a doctor about that, be it serious or not. If he has the means to have private health care I don't think that's any of your business? You seem to have quite a grudge against the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

He sounds to be a sound man. Fair play to him for coming on. I hope RTE won't leave him on the couch and put the Rubberbandits beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Wow, some really truly awful people in here! I think if any one of you actually listened to the interview instead of trying your hardest to think of "witty" retorts to each other, you may actually realise he's on the show to raise awareness! Of course he's going to talk about himself - that's the point, explain how it affects someone with the disease!

I'd like to see any of you cope as well as he is right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

are the bandits being interviewed or are the doing there song anyone know, hope its both:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Nick Drake, if you've nothing nice to say, say nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Get ready:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Ryan was doing so well... until he turned to the Medical Person. Then he slips back into boring persona

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Oh dear god, he LOVES himself. Get on with it

I am sure he was pushed in front of other people on waiting lists.
    Should he not be talking less about himself and more about the disease and others who suffer??

And also about the waiting lists people have and do not have the ability to get bumped up and seen the next day?
    Cop on, how does he love himself? He's a great storyteller and clearly held all the audience's interest during his spiel..
    Is there a long waiting list for getting checked for motor neurons disease? Obviously not..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Bring out the book......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Though, to be fair, Kenny started it. I don't remember it being half as .. tragic .. during the Gaybo years. It was all Lenny Henry falling off a chair and young Perrier winning comedians outraging the Churchies back then.

You see Tubs is controlled by FF and has been ordered to show people in situations worse than what the majority of people are in

We call this segment "you may have it bad but at least you dont have (insert disease here)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Ray Burkes Pension

SkidMark wrote: »
    Bizarrely, Lou Gehrig may not have suffered from the disease which was named after him (in America)

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2010/08/lou-gehrig-disease/

And Good luck to Colm Murray, he's always been a very good presenter with a genuine love of sport horse racing.

FIFY

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

SnowY32 wrote: »
    are the bandits being interviewed or are the doing there song anyone know, hope its both:D
    I heard they're not doing the song, just an interview.

They arent allowed sing cos of all the f**ks in the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

World class care.... Me bollix...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

He spoke articularly, seems like a totally random disease. I'm sure the poor bugger is thinking why me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

dapto1 wrote: »

Even better. Tubs is doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I find it very admirable the way he can sit there with a terminal disease and speak so honestly and profoundly about such a deeply personal and upsetting matter. It can't be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I know he means well by praising the service he got. But I'm cringing here, I dont think he realises how many hundreds of people get fucked over by the health system in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Colmo52 wrote: »
    They arent allowed sing cos of all the f**ks in the song.

I thought we'd moved on since the bishop and the nighty :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

telekon wrote: »
    Jesus, thats harsh. I hope thats just a poor attempt at a wind up...

No I am trying to highlight that some people have to wait a LONG time to get seen and others get bumped up the list and seen the next day because of who they are. Private or not

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

dapto1 wrote: »

Cool:D Fitzy drives a Mitzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I know he means well by praising the service he got. But I'm cringing here, I dont think he realises how many hundreds of people get fucked over by the health system in Ireland.

I don't think that's relevant.

he got great service obviously. That's all that matters to him and his family I would imagine. He's not there to talk about the health service in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Turning into The Colm Murray show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

LostGirly wrote: »
    Wow, some really truly awful people in here! I think if any one of you actually listened to the interview instead of trying your hardest to think of "witty" retorts to each other, you may actually realise he's on the show to raise awareness! Of course he's going to talk about himself - that's the point, explain how it affects someone with the disease!

I'd like to see any of you cope as well as he is right now!

Hey don't tar everyone on this thread with the same brush......

It was only a few nim wits who made some bad form comments.

Cool:D Fitzy drives a Mitzy.

Enda has a honda so i might just go with him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Jeez will this interview ever end????

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

he's a nice man but bring on the bandits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

He is a fantastic speaker..Really is.. I always love his sports reports.

I wish him all the best.

Advertisement