Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - December 17th 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

World class care.... Me bollix...

Exactly . That is the point I am making. Others get treated differently because of who they are.

Common knowledge in the health service.

He made no point on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Colmo52 wrote: »
    They arent allowed sing cos of all the f**ks in the song.

No they said they wont sing it because they will cut out the most of it,it is a pre recorded interview afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

I wish Colm all the best. What a man, seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Awh that was sweet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Fair play to that man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Oh look now Colm has the approval of Master Tubs, what an arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Nice bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Note Ryan didn't offer a translation for that Latin bit...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is nervous

must be bandit time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

Anyone speak latin??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

When The Rubberbandits on?
    And Big Mary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

NickDrake wrote: »
    Exactly . That is the point I am making. Others get treated differently because of who they are.

Common knowledge in the health service.

He made no point on this

& Why should he? He's getting the treatment appropriate to him, why should he care what anyone else gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,598 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The bandits will probably go with Tesco bags in honour of Mary Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I remember a couple of years ago RTE wouldn't send him to Cheltenham because of budget cuts, I wonder was it the poor lad not being able to make it that was the reason. Was reading there about the disease, looks terrible, you keep your mind fully but the rest fades away, must be like a prisoner in your own body.
    I thought the very same thing about Cheltenham a couple of years ago, when he came on tonight it was one of the first things I thought of, people were giving out about him not going to the races

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I know he means well by praising the service he got. But I'm cringing here, I dont think he realises how many hundreds of people get fucked over by the health system in Ireland.

See what you're saying there; but i think he was just trying to pay tribute to those doctor's working with him rather than making any sweeping statement on the state of the health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Resi12 wrote: »
    Awh that was sweet..

Who...That gob****e ryan...

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

NickDrake wrote: »
    No I am trying to highlight that some people have to wait a LONG time to get seen and others get bumped up the list and seen the next day because of who they are. Private or not

I think I'm going to finish following this thread because of c--p like this............I suppose he might have given the consultant a few tips for the horses in return for getting "bumped" up on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Cop on, how does he love himself? He's a great storyteller and clearly held all the audience's interest during his spiel..
    Is there a long waiting list for getting checked for motor neurons disease? Obviously not..

Is there not? That is news to me. No waiting list for some people. Long list for others to see consultants. SOme people don't get to see one 'the next day'

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

No they said they wont sing it because they will cut out the most of it,it is a pre recorded interview afaik

tubs chickened out of the live show so what a gowl bag.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

whycliff wrote: »
    He is a fantastic speaker..Really is.. I always love his sports reports.I wish him all the best.

I have little interest in sport but I always listen to his reports as he has a nice way of speaking, pleasant on the ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What?? pre-recorded coward that you are tubirty:mad:

The bandits will probably go with Tesco bags in honour of Mary Byrne.

Ha ha good one :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Colm Murray, national treasure; trying to deal with a reality that will face us all....., dying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Colm Murray is one of life's true gentlemen.

I've had the good fortune to meet him many times over the years at the Galway Races. He is always good humoured and carries none of the airs and graces that many in his position do.

Best of luck with the battle ahead Colm and may you be around to pick many more winners for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

If that's true it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Fittle wrote: »
    I don't think that's relevant.

he got great service obviously. That's all that matters to him and his family I would imagine. He's not there to talk about the health service in Ireland.

It kind of removes him from the general public though. Im thrilled he got on well, but Its kind of a faux pas to say that his health service is so great. You wouldnt arrive Eritrea and tell them you had a delicious filling meal at the Heathrow lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Unfortunately for Colm, (as far as I'm aware) there is no "beating" of Motor Neuron's .. the only variable is the rate of progression of the degeneration... how much functionality you lose per annum... :(

well inasmuch as life itself isnt the primary degenerative process controlling loss of functionality for everyone anyway... :(

I think I'd still rather get plowed down by the 49A rather than have Motor Neurons...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

A real bit of Irish talent show has just started on BBC1 the Graham Norton show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

laugh wrote: »
    Oh look now Colm has the approval of Master Tubs, what an arsehole.

Urgh... the mindless cynicism on here gets a bit boring sometimes.

• Advertisement

SnowY32 wrote: »
    tubs chickened out of the live show so what a gowl bag.:mad:
    What?? pre-recorded coward that you are tubirty:mad:
    dapto1 wrote: »
    If that's true it's ridiculous.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/bandits-horseplay-too-hot-to-handle-for-late-late-2464670.html?start=1

Advertisement