Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - December 17th 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

NickDrake wrote: »
    Oh dear god, he LOVES himself. Get on with it

I am sure he was pushed in front of other people on waiting lists.

Waiting list for what? There is no waiting list for MND. They can do nothing for him, nothing at all. You sir don't know the first thing about this illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

ascanbe wrote: »
    See what you're saying there; but i think he was just trying to pay tribute to those doctor's working with him rather than making any sweeping statement on the state of the health service.
    Ya, fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭smileyme1984

Used to see Colm around the Galway Races when I worked there a few years ago, he is a legend in his work and always entertained the people present with his racing insight.

He deserves alot of credit for coming on and speaking in such a way about such a terrible illness and for raising awareness about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Is there not? That is news to me. No waiting list for some people. Long list for others to see consultants. SOme people don't get to see one 'the next day'

Some people also have enough money to do this, can't hold them at fault for that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Waiting list for what? There is no waiting list for MND. They can do nothing for him, nothing at all. You sir don't know the first thing about this illness.

There are waiting lists to see Consultants. Long waiting lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Burkatron wrote: »
    & Why should he? He's getting the treatment appropriate to him, why should he care what anyone else gets?

Exactly. There isnt many suffers of his disease. I'm sure there isn't someone lying on a trolly in Naas or Tallaght with motor neuron disease.

Dermot Earley Snr a GAA legend and the Chief of Staff of the defence forces died of this disease only earlier this year.
    Goes to show regardless of who you are, all the healthcare in the world may not save you.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Why would he have gone on to discuss the inequalities and problems with our health service. Every Tom Dick and Harry knows that there are waiting lists, and if you don't have money you might not get the treatment quickly enough. That is not right of course.

However, Colm Murray was clearly on to discuss the human side of an illness that there is little publicity about, and his experience of dealing with it. He wasn't there for a political argy bargy... I'm finito now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Tucker Max

It kind of removes him from the general public though. Im thrilled he got on well, but Its kind of a faux pas to say that his health service is so great. You wouldnt arrive Eritrea and tell them you had a delicious filling meal at the Heathrow lounge.

It didnt stop Lenny Henry and Dawn French turning up in Africa, showing them what it looks like to eat 12 meals a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Big Mary is on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

There are waiting lists to see Consultants. Long waiting lists.

Who do nothing except tell you that you have it.

Btw, only around 200 people have this illness at one time. It's not like the waiting list for a hip replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Here comes Foghorn Leghorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Has Tubridy ever even met someone from Ballyfermot before?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It's nice to see her not dressed in black for once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Jesus, when are they ever going to get to the fireworks factory????:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

laugh wrote: »
    Oh look now Colm has the approval of Master Tubs, what an arsehole.

Internet-Warrior.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh God look who's on now.
    Is that a packet of Lion bars i see in her pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Two worlds collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

For the first time on live tv Mary isint wearing black!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Ha ha yer man sitting down,the wife says get up ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Standing ovation? Fuck sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Standing ovation? WTF. Nelson Mandella wouldn't of got that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

hmmm wrote: »

Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Ugh that's a bit patronising "the Irish people are fantastic".......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

whycliff wrote: »
    Exactly. There isnt many suffers of his disease. I'm sure there isn't someone lying on a trolly in Naas or Tallaght with motor neuron disease.

Dermot Earley Snr a GAA legend and the Chief of Staff of the defence forces died of this disease only earlier this year.
    Goes to show regardless of who you are, all the healthcare in the world may not save you.

I know it is terrible he has disease. Awful for him. I apologise if I had a comment or two that seemed rash but I am aware of people who waited months to see consultants with this disease. They were VHI. They did not get seen "the next day". Not having a go at Colm but the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

But we are :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

hmmm wrote: »

Joe Duffy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I know what we're all thinking

Motorboat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

whycliff wrote: »

Hi whycliff, it's was originally diagnosed as Motor Neuron Disease.. I think.. I remember an army lad telling me driving a taxi on the way to Kilcullen one day... but I think they eventually worked out it was a BSE-related... Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

There are some real sour grapes on the board tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

seems like a compliment to me :confused:

Advertisement