Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract???

• 17-12-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Finally took the plunge and went for the 30 meg from UPC,expecting to receive the bits and sign on the dotted line tomorrow. I've been with Eircom forever, never officially signed a contract,well maybe years ago, but just today I keep getting a nagging voice in my head, when Eircom did their last round of upgrades, I think mine was 3 and it went to 7 or so,is it my imagination that they sent out a contract of some kind, that even without signing it,just accepting the upgrade was a binding contract?

Perhaps I'm just remembering a thread I read on boards about something else completely, well hopefully, because I can't afford both so the UPC would have to be canceled. So, am I off my head,anyone who's left Eircom lately have an issues with contracts from them. Need to know by tomorrow,apparently once you receive the bits the contract starts with UPC.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As I am forever pointing out the only ones who can clarify your situation for you are Eircom. Ring them. Anything anyone writes on here about your specific situation is only speculation.

Everyone should be clear on their own contractual situation. Otherwise you are just being irresponsible. And as for not signing a contract, well very few people physically sign bb contracts anymore due to the net etc but remember a bb connection doesn't mysteriously show up at home without some form of commitment being given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Actually I'm not asking anyone to speculate,or if they know if I have a contract,I'm asking does anyone remember, at the last eircom upgrade,did they receive paperwork or I am imagining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

any upgrade OR downgrade automatically puts you into a new 12 month contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

dubtom wrote: »
    Actually I'm not asking anyone to speculate,or if they know if I have a contract,I'm asking does anyone remember, at the last eircom upgrade,did they receive paperwork or I am imagining it.

Most upgrades don't come with paperwork, and the time frame for upgrades could be different. You may have received a written notice, or an email. You'd need to find out specifically what you received though, if anything, as this is what will bind you to a contract with eircom.

Advertisement