Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KGroup - Anyone purchase from them yet

Options
  • 17-12-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has bought the cleats advertised by the KGroup.ie website?

If so have you received them and are they any good?

The YouTube clip on the site gives the impression that they would be very useful during this time of year.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Be careful.

The only "contact" details about them is a mobile number. No contact names, address, land line, names of management, company registration number, VAT number, etc, all of which is illegal under distance selling legislation and the like.

In other words, it's a very fast thrown together web site that has none of the legal requirements to sell online.

It's possible that they are a real, genuine company, but if that is the case, there should be a lot more real information about who and what they are, all of which is very much missing.

The other worry is that they are "out of stock", so you could end up paying for something that might not even be theirs to sell right now.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

They are probably fine for snow and ice but not good for hard surfaces especially shiny hard surfaces like tiles. They would be similar to wearing golf shoes with metal spikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lyndonjones

The website content is static and we are now two days after the so-called date of the new stock arrival.

Tried ringing the "contact" number and it goes straight to voice mail! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

I must order €10,000 worth of stuff. (just won 1,000,000 on a state lottery )
    a v nice man emailed me to tell me the good news.

The website content is static and we are now two days after the so-called date of the new stock arrival.

Tried ringing the "contact" number and it goes straight to voice mail! :eek:

Got it in one :D:(:(

As per earlier comments, the longer it stays static, the more cautious you need to be. I've ordered some Yaktrax from a "real" company in Galway, and they were out of stock, but didn't actually bother to let me know that significant fact until I sent them an E-mail 4 days later to check, as someone else had mentioned in here that they were out of stock.:mad:

Given they wanted payment up front by Laser, I'm not best impressed with that, if they take the money up front, and don't actually have the stock to fulfill the order, that's (topical:D) skating on VERY thin ice, and depending on how soon they get back to me about the new delivery date, I could end up talking to Galway Trading standards office about misleading advertising, possibly even fraudulent trading, as they've taken payment for goods they don't actually own right now, and we all know that it's not that hard to have real stock levels being used by an on line shop, so if an item is not available, it's not shown in the online shop.

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Hi Lyndon.

I'm a web designer/developer by trade.
    I had a good look under the hood via the source code, and it all seems professionally done.
    I don't know all that much about typical scams, but surely clean semantic markup is the least of some criminal's worries?

Also, the youtube video was posted by this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LamhaSuas

Might be worth following up.

Hope it goes well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cafecreme

Hi Steve,
    been lurking for ages just registered to let you know I ordered Yaktrax online from that Galway (safetydirect?)co on Tuesday. I paid by laser and got order confirmation but no delivery details. I called them yesterday morning and they told me they were out of stock til today or Monday and would send me an email when they were dispatched. An hour after I called them I got a phone call from a courier and he delivered the 3 pairs I'd ordered! Still no delivery email either:confused:
    Am delighted with the yaktrax though, now roll on the snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭waterways

The Austrian magazine "Konsument" tested earlier this year more than 25 slide protections. Most failed because they are not really good on ice and dangerous on tiles. Only two passed the test with good marks, both are heel stops, so that you can drive with them on. The test winner works on tiles too. I bought the Devisys heel stop http://www.devisys.fi/en/pro.htm and I'm happy with them.

Disclaimer: I'm not related to any of the above companies and no, I don't sell them. In case you want to buy some note that not the shoe size is needed to choose the right size, you have to measure the width of the heel.

cafecreme wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    been lurking for ages just registered to let you know I ordered Yaktrax online from that Galway (safetydirect?)co on Tuesday. I paid by laser and got order confirmation but no delivery details. I called them yesterday morning and they told me they were out of stock til today or Monday and would send me an email when they were dispatched. An hour after I called them I got a phone call from a courier and he delivered the 3 pairs I'd ordered! Still no delivery email either:confused:
    Am delighted with the yaktrax though, now roll on the snow :)

Well done for registering, maybe you'll be posting more now :D

Same company. Ordered and paid for 2 sets different sizes on Sunday, queried Wednesday, got a reply yesterday saying the same, nothing since, which is now becoming very annoying!:mad:

Knowing my luck, they'll arrive a couple of days after the thaw has completed it's work. Could have done with them a few days ago, it was lethal around here with water on top of sheet ice.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

waterways wrote: »
    The Austrian magazine "Konsument" tested earlier this year more than 25 slide protections. Most failed because they are not really good on ice and dangerous on tiles. Only two passed the test with good marks, both are heel stops, so that you can drive with them on. The test winner works on tiles too. I bought the Devisys heel stop http://www.devisys.fi/en/pro.htm and I'm happy with them.

Disclaimer: I'm not related to any of the above companies and no, I don't sell them. In case you want to buy some note that not the shoe size is needed to choose the right size, you have to measure the width of the heel.

looks nice,where did you get them? the site doesnt seem to have a shop

• Advertisement

ciaranm wrote: »
    Hi Lyndon.

I'm a web designer/developer by trade.
    I had a good look under the hood via the source code, and it all seems professionally done.
    I don't know all that much about typical scams, but surely clean semantic markup is the least of some criminal's worries?

Also, the youtube video was posted by this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/LamhaSuas

Might be worth following up.

Hope it goes well for you.

Hi Ciaran,

thanks for your time and expertise. I managed to get a 2nd contact number for this company and after a few attempts managed to get through to "Keith", he explained that there was a delay in the shipment, I was offered a refund but declined and accepted that the shipment, from China, is late.

After this I received an email with the same details so, at the moment, I am happy that there products will be available Monday/ Tuesday and that they will be forwarded onto whatever customers have paid up front.

Will keep ye all informed.

Lyndon.

BTW the video you linked in your response is also available to view on their website.

Waterways,

Have you used them in the recent days? What was your experience of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

what reseller did you buy these from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Hi Ciaran,

thanks for your time and expertise. I managed to get a 2nd contact number for this company and after a few attempts managed to get through to "Keith", he explained that there was a delay in the shipment, I was offered a refund but declined and accepted that the shipment, from China, is late.

After this I received an email with the same details so, at the moment, I am happy that there products will be available Monday/ Tuesday and that they will be forwarded onto whatever customers have paid up front.

Will keep ye all informed.

Lyndon.

BTW the video you linked in your response is also available to view on their website.

Good stuff.

I get the impression it's a genuine, but small and amateurish operation.
    If I was a scammer, I'd pretend to sell iphones or something... not cleats :)

Let us know. Sure, why not post up a few nice pics of yourself sporting your cleats when they arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭waterways

Funny story. I bought the first one for my father size L for his shoes size 8 but with a heel width of 7.5 cm to test. They arrived just right when we had thawing and then the ground were completely iced. He is nearly 80 but feeding his geese three times a day in the back garden, when snow dicovers the grass, and he brings them late to bed. I could no longer allow him to do this in icy conditions. I'm living together with my parents in the same house. But I don't want to stop him to do this. I want him to be active and no change in his daily routine. He was very sceptical (as usual not only about the slide protection). But it was no problem for him to put them on and he feeled very safe when walking. And I too watching him. I tried them on one pair of my shoes. What a different! On the next day he brought the shoes of my mother to measure them. :) I tried his pair of heel stops on all of the shoes my mother (she has size 6) which she use in winter and descided to order a pair of size M for a smaller shoe because I thought it should fit as good as possible. What shall I say? The whole family has them now size M to XL. I cannot answer the question how they will work after 70 days using them, ask me end of March. ;)

Use http://de.search.yahoo.com/ and search for "devisys Gleitschutz". Hope this help. The strong winter arrived here also too soon and we have to much snow measured more in feets than in inch. ;) Size M and L could be out of stock at the moment. The resellers range from outdoor and hunting shops to medical stores.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for spelling mistakes and grammar. I'm not a native speaker. I'm shy although self-confident. And I don't want to tell you that I'm German in this times. I tried to hide this but my OH said to me today, you must finish what you start. If you need help don't hesitate to ask me. My only intention is to prevent bone fractures.

Funny story. I bought the first one for my father size L for his shoes size 8 but with a heel width of 7.5 cm to test. They arrived just right when we had thawing and then the ground were completely iced. He is nearly 80 but feeding his geese three times a day in the back garden, when snow dicovers the grass, and he brings them late to bed. I could no longer allow him to do this in icy conditions. I'm living together with my parents in the same house. But I don't want to stop him to do this. I want him to be active and no change in his daily routine. He was very sceptical (as usual not only about the slide protection). But it was no problem for him to put them on and he feeled very safe when walking. And I too watching him. I tried them on one pair of my shoes. What a different! On the next day he brought the shoes of my mother to measure them. :) I tried his pair of heel stops on all of the shoes my mother (she has size 6) which she use in winter and descided to order a pair of size M for a smaller shoe because I thought it should fit as good as possible. What shall I say? The whole family has them now size M to XL. I cannot answer the question how they will work after 70 days using them, ask me end of March. ;)

Use http://de.search.yahoo.com/ and search for "devisys Gleitschutz". Hope this help. The strong winter arrived here also too soon and we have to much snow measured more in feets than in inch. ;) Size M and L could be out of stock at the moment. The resellers range from outdoor and hunting shops to medical stores.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for spelling mistakes and grammar. I'm not a native speaker. I'm shy although self-confident. And I don't want to tell you that I'm German in this times. I tried to hide this but my OH said to me today, you must finish what you start. If you need help don't hesitate to ask me. My only intention is to prevent bone fractures.

I spent a lovely week in Berlin, last summer, and I loved it and the Berliners!!

Tschüss!

Well,
    After putting up this thread and contacting Keith in Kgroup, I got a reply by text, email and voice mail on the Monday stating that they were to be posted by Tuesday of this week the latest and guess what? They never arrived!

I phoned yesterday and was sent straight to his voice mail left a message and no reply.

Looks like I have been left down!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Darragh.Flynn

Hi all,

I really wanted three pairs in tiime for Christmas for presents so I ordered from kgroup.ie. Guess what, they never came.

However, I subsequently ordered 4 pairs from www.arcticgrips.com and I was able to collect them the next day in time for Christmas!!!

They are cheaper than kgroup and offer two collection points in Dublin. Rang and spoke to one of the two guys involved. He was dead sound and seemed as though he was just as annoyed about other rip off sites taking orders when they have no stock,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Hi all,

I really wanted three pairs in tiime for Christmas for presents so I ordered from kgroup.ie. Guess what, they never came.

However, I subsequently ordered 4 pairs from www.arcticgrips.com and I was able to collect them the next day in time for Christmas!!!

They are cheaper than kgroup and offer two collection points in Dublin. Rang and spoke to one of the two guys involved. He was dead sound and seemed as though he was just as annoyed about other rip off sites taking orders when they have no stock,

You wouldn't be in any way connected to them would you by any chance???

You wouldn't be in any way connected to them would you by any chance???
    OnSide

Sure, as a customer. :D

• Advertisement

OnSide

Sure, as a customer. :D

Then you didnt just sign up (today) to promote them . . . is uppose . . .:pac:

Then you didnt just sign up (today) to promote them . . . is uppose . . .:pac:

That's exactly what I did Sherlock. Whats wrong with that? I received a good service and I can see a lot of people here might be interested. What exactly is your point or do you just like the sound of your own voice? Is this the reason you have soooooo many posts to your name?

That's exactly what I did Sherlock. Whats wrong with that? I received a good service and I can see a lot of people here might be interested. What exactly is your point or do you just like the sound of your own voice? Is this the reason you have soooooo many posts to your name?

Actually no, i suspected that maybe you were part of this company as it is a frequent occurance to see someone from a company sign up to promote their own products. If you were, i was going to mention to you that the admins don't really like people doing that, and that it might not be a good idea. seeing as you are clearly not, it doesn't matter.

So therefore there is no reason at all for you to start trying to insult me.

And coincidentally, the reason i have a large number of posts to my name is that i am interested in a wide variety of topics on boards, and post across boards frequently.

Actually no, i suspected that maybe you were part of this company as it is a frequent occurance to see someone from a company sign up to promote their own products. If you were, i was going to mention to you that the admins don't really like people doing that, and that it might not be a good idea. seeing as you are clearly not, it doesn't matter.

So therefore there is no reason at all for you to start trying to insult me.

And coincidentally, the reason i have a large number of posts to my name is that i am interested in a wide variety of topics on boards, and post across boards frequently.

Right, sorry for the cross words. I am new to the game but certainly didn't mean to cause offense.

Well done for registering, maybe you'll be posting more now :D

Same company. Ordered and paid for 2 sets different sizes on Sunday, queried Wednesday, got a reply yesterday saying the same, nothing since, which is now becoming very annoying!:mad:

Knowing my luck, they'll arrive a couple of days after the thaw has completed it's work. Could have done with them a few days ago, it was lethal around here with water on top of sheet ice.

Steve

Update. Safety Direct got 2 sets to me before Christmas, one slight snag, I'd ordered 2 different sizes, and got 2 the same, so contacted them, and fair's fair, they were on the phone to me first thing the next day, and we sorted out the problem, and I had a replacement within 24 hours,

To avoid any confusion, I have no relationship with Safety Direct other than as a happy customer.

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ordinaryjoe

That site is down now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That site is down now

Must be a temperature controlled website. :)

Ok good news

the cleats arrived today from KGroup, a medium and large as requested.

Unfortunately the snow and ice are gone BUT at least the products arrived and I will be mobile, on foot, for the next BIG freeze.

I closed off a dispute I had opened with Paypal and also like to add that I am happy with the communications from KGroup.

It transpires that deliveries had not been sent out by An Post.

As they say all is well than ends well.

They only gripe I have with KGroup is that the telephone number to contact was always going to answering machine but I found another contact number was able to talk to the supplier himself.

I have noticed that the "Kgroup.ie" site has indeed been taken down, maybe the shipment/ project has finished.

Anyway in summary, the cleats eventually arrived so am happy.

Happy new year all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spotlight

Hi Folks,
    id just like to let you know that i ordered from the Kgroup and i never received my ice grips and now their website is gone, pure scam...i since bought ice grips from www.arcticgrips.com and they arrived the next day...literally i couldn't believe they had arrived so quick...i think the guy hand delivers in Dublin himself. not a shabby service at all considering they are selling the grips at 10 euro less than most places. I have ordered another 3 pairs for my brothers kids today as looks like the cold snap is returning.

• Advertisement

spotlight wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    id just like to let you know that i ordered from the Kgroup and i never received my ice grips and now their website is gone, pure scam...i since bought ice grips from www.arcticgrips.com and they arrived the next day...literally i couldn't believe they had arrived so quick...i think the guy hand delivers in Dublin himself. not a shabby service at all considering they are selling the grips at 10 euro less than most places. I have ordered another 3 pairs for my brothers kids today as looks like the cold snap is returning.

The site was down yesterday, well when I checked it was, I tried just now http://www.kgroup.ie/ and it is back up. I noticed that the prices have increased though. I paid €38 for a Medium and Large and now they are €40.

Like I said weather, time of year all conspired to the delay in receiving them, I have them now so am ready for the next freeze!!

BTW - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Advertisement