Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 weeks with a bump already

• 17-12-2010 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I am 12 weeks gone now and I have a sizable bump already
    Its kinda embarrassing as everyone is telling me I am the biggest 12 prego they have ever seen and I have to agree with them and its a round firm pouch

I am a small girl to begin with but I am worried what size will I grow to..

Nothing is fitting me and its all happening so fast I just want to know has anyone else experience this

Also this is my first

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have you been to the hospital yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Could be twins...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It might just be fluid?I was huge early on this time then shrunk a bit and now am much bigger then my last pregnancy but pretty normal looknig for 34 weeks.
    I am quite small too and convinced baba is a monster baby this time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Could be twins...

Haha that's what I was going to suggest but didn't want to shock the poor girl!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Congrats :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

Well I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was one sack and one heart beat so it must be a super giant baby!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

lay off the cakes :D congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Some women have super good stomach muscles overs don't. I was visibly pregnant at around 13 weeks with my first if i wore leggings, but if i wore a baggy jumper i could hide it a bit.

With my 3rd i was visibly pregnant at 8 weeks NO LEGGINS (i wore a suit to work), everyone at work knew because they could see it, so i had to tell them at 8 weeks, they said yeh we figured that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Well I had a scan at 6 weeks and there was one sack and one heart beat so it must be a super giant baby!!!!!

At such an early stage a second little heartbeat coud've been missed...;)

If you're only of small build then you could look more pregnant earlier as there's nowhere for the baba to hide!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭cinderella2010

Well I have another scan on wed this week - its my first antenatal appointment so all will be revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

I was the same! Went from a size 10 to 14 in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy and had a rounded tum by 12 weeks. Im small and petite too. Doctor told me it was a food bump :D but it now transpires that Im carrying too much amniotic fluid. I wouldnt worry about it, if the doctor thinks you're fine. Some people get real big at the beginning but even out midway.

Advertisement