Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suspension or compulsory transfer without the blame

Options
  • 17-12-2010 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. 400 euro was stolen from my employer's safe about one month ago. I am working with 8 other people in one of the discount stores in Ireland. My employer cannot find the person responsible for it during his investigation. So he considers two options towards us. First is to suspend everyone but i know this won't happen because he won't find the cover.
    Second and the most probable is that he will compulsory transfer everyone to other stores.
    So my question is: Can he do this if he didint prove anything to anyone?
    Can he do such a thing as group responsibility?
    Could you guys qoute any legal acts relating to this situations?
    Thank you!
    P.S. Sorry for a grammar but english is not my mother tongue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Basically yes, your contract may say you agree to mobility within 1hr of your place of work, so while you are really being moved due to this incident, he is using something you agreed to.

Sounds like he is calling yer bluff, to see if someone owns up. If after a full investigation this hasn't happen, it wont happen now as the person feels they got away with it. were the police called?

I can't think of anyway you can get out of the transfer. As long as only the investigation is on your record, not the transfer as a punishment.

Advertisement