Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Eventually I will get around to storing my DVD collection (all 600 odd discs or so) onto some form of storage but for now I'll stick with manual input/output :p

Like you though I think temptation would lead to continual play :o

It's a labour of love, trust me. It's the most repetetive, boring & dull thing you can possibly imagine (archiving your collection, movies arn't so bad but episodic stuff is such a pain)...but the end result (your never really finished adding to it mind you) is just having your whole collection accessible from the touch of a remote control :cool: Well worth doing, but I started mine in 2007 :eek: Took a long time to get it anywhere near what I'd call finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

sam carter is not hot.

but yep im on season 5 at the minite and I dont have season 5 :(

Just wrapped up SG-1 season 7 last night. All I can say is :eek::cool:

I so want to ring Kinsey's neck, what an absoloute toad. Snow-Monkey, what the hell do you mean Sam Carter isn't hot? :p While she may not be hot in the conventional tv sense (which is already a good thing if you ask me!), after seven seasons of getting to know the character, she's so damned hot at this stage :D Gorgeous too :cool:

Is this where I start SG - Atlantis folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is this where I start SG - Atlantis folks?

Yep, it is indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

It's a labour of love, trust me. It's the most repetetive, boring & dull thing you can possibly imagine (archiving your collection, movies arn't so bad but episodic stuff is such a pain)...but the end result (your never really finished adding to it mind you) is just having your whole collection accessible from the touch of a remote control :cool: Well worth doing, but I started mine in 2007 :eek: Took a long time to get it anywhere near what I'd call finished.

I ended up just downloading my tv series. Was taking way too much effort to do each episode individually. That and I lost it all when a drive died :mad:

I've tried starting SG-1 a few times, so the first season kind of drags on a bit for me (seen them all too much). Might just watch the last 3 episodes and continue from there.

• Advertisement

I ended up just downloading my tv series.

I just couldn't live with compressed avi stuff. Storage space is so cheap these days that anything less than 1:1 isn't really deemed watchable on a HTPC (from my pov). Unfortunately as you know, my method involves a lot more repetitive stuff than yours, but the end result is worth it I feel.

Drives dying is a big concern :( I've 5TB worth of storage, so I can't really afford to back everything up (from a monitary point of view). Best I can do is keepa log of exactly what is on each drive, so in the event of a failure I don't end up scratching my head thinking "I know I had more stuff than that" kind of scenario.

I just couldn't live with compressed avi stuff. Storage space is so cheap these days that anything less than 1:1 isn't really deemed watchable on a HTPC (from my pov). Unfortunately as you know, my method involves a lot more repetitive stuff than yours, but the end result is worth it I feel.

Drives dying is a big concern :( I've 5TB worth of storage, so I can't really afford to back everything up (from a monitary point of view). Best I can do is keepa log of exactly what is on each drive, so in the event of a failure I don't end up scratching my head thinking "I know I had more stuff than that" kind of scenario.

For a tv series that i only watch occasionally, it's good enough for me. That said, before last month my biggest display was 22". Now I've a 40" tv as my monitor so getting more stuff in hd to take advantage of it.

Yeah My general file server is 5TB but the critical stuff backs up compressed to under 1TB, just media I can lose.

Ok I kicked off Atlantis last night, only to find...
    Jack is now no longer in stasis, but is a general & seemingly fully recovered? Daniel just somehow realised the Atlantis address is eight chevrons, & a few mins later a group are in the Atlantis ship? Having found a weapon to protect Earth against the Goa'Uld, and successfully used it, O'Neil gives permission to take the weapon offline & use it's power source to travel to Pegasus in the search for...a weapon to protect Earth from the Goa'Uld?? Certain Humans have the ability to control Ancient technology, without any training or instructions? The Ancients were all defeated by a new superior foe, and didn't all ascend? Yet an Ancient little gate-ship was able to defeat a small fleet of enemy attack craft??

Ok ok I've clearly missed a bridging episode, more than likely SG-1 Season 8 ep 1? And the answers to the above questions will prob be revealed as I go...but I'm getting a serious impression of McGuiver in space here :( Where's the humour? I suppose it's a new show (from my perspective) & will take time to find its feet.

This is probably my fault since I told you a few posts back that you could watch Atlantis after season 7

I should have more clearly stated that you should watch Atlantis Season 1 with SG-1 Season 8. Start off with "New Order" Parts 1 & 2 (SG-1), then go to "Rising" (Atlantis) and alternate the episodes that way for the entirety of the season.

Sorry.

This is probably my fault since I told you a few posts back that you could watch Atlantis after season 7

I should have more clearly stated that you should watch Atlantis Season 1 with SG-1 Season 8. Start off with "New Order" Parts 1 & 2 (SG-1), then go to "Rising" (Atlantis) and alternate the episodes that way for the entirety of the season.

Sorry.

Lol no probs at all, I'll call it the George Lucas way of watching Stargate :D I'll kick off season 8 of SG-1 tonight (first two eps). Do I rotate the two shows on a per episode basis from then on? Or are they directly related at all? Don't reveal too much to me tho :p

Hammond better be back in the SGC or there'll be hell to pay :mad::pac:

• Advertisement

There's one or two crossover episodes but they're few and far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

I thought it would be a great idea to start for the beginning. Watched first on on Paddys day and I'm already on season 5! I need help..:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

god help us

god help us

Indeed.

:pac:

Watched most of season 2 at the weekend. Might as well watch the rest of it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

I've done this so many times it's not even funny
    the only thing I won't re-watch is the first season of SGU

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I watched it all for the first time a couple of years back in 3 months - then another month to get through what had been released on dvd of Atlantis (I think I watched one series on actual tv and the pace was painful after mainlining everything else). Then I went on to Battlestar Galactica, which I just ate up and then I watched some of Andromeda, which was rubbish and all of Farscape, which I loved. All told about 7 months of sci-fi.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

I think i watch at least one episode a day and have been doing so for the past 2 years or so ...its an addiction :P Its at this stage that I am helping identify which episode props were used in for people who cant match them.

Cant beat watching the pilot now and again!

Bit of a bump, but prob not worth a thread of its own.

I'll be kicking off SG-1 season 10 tonight (:() & am wondering where the made for tv movies fit in from there on out. I'm watching Atlantis concurrently, & will be starting season 3 of that alongside SG-1, so I'm wondering when SG1 is over, is there any reason to not watch the movies straight away?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they come in at the end of the series, after the ori

• Advertisement

they come in at the end of the series, after the ori

Straight away? Ok so there's no tie in with Atlantis at all that I need to know about/have watched? Cool.

Oh & 'after the Ori'? So there's an after the Ori then :o:p

I dunno, i actually havent watched that season, just remember somebody saying something like that!

I watched the last episode of SGU last night which brought me to the end of my quest to watch all Stargate episodes. The sad part is that I only started mid March. Once I got into it I just couldn't stop. Got exams coming up and I knew if I was still watching by then I'd get nothing done. Whole weekends were lost to Stargate, including the 4 days at Easter. I was getting in 4 or 5 episodes some nights after work!! It truely was ridiculous.

Awesome tv all the same

Well I wrapped up SG-1 last night...ten seasons. I sure will miss them, I'll kick off Atlantis season 4 tonight which I'm really enjoying now too, McKay makes the show, the humour is brilliant.

Ark of Truth & Continuum maybe over the weekend. The writers obviously knew they wern't getting a Season 11, so why wasn't the Ori arc concluded within the confines of the final season? Or did they know they were green lit for direct to dvd movies at the time?

on season 5 of sg1, and all 5 done for atlantis.

/sweat

Watched Ark Of Truth last night, was good...very good. But just far too convenient a way to wrap up the Ori arc.

Just finshed watching Universe season 2. So thats:

SG1 1-10
    Ark of Truth & Contiuum
    Atlantis 1-5
    Universe 1-2

All done in about 8/9 months, & first time viewing them all. To summarise, I fugging love Stargate & will miss it a fugging lot :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'd like to get into the boxsets at some stage, but last time I checked they were stupidly expensive. Have seen most of SG1, but with repeats dotted around the place I suppose boxsets aren't really necessary.

I'd like to get into the boxsets at some stage, but last time I checked they were stupidly expensive. Have seen most of SG1, but with repeats dotted around the place I suppose boxsets aren't really necessary.

I've seen used sets go very very cheap, & its a far better experience watching them in dvd quality and unbroken by ads for Jedward every ten minutes. It can be dangerous though, I've been known to watch three or four in a row...just too damn good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've seen used sets go very very cheap, & its a far better experience watching them in dvd quality and unbroken by ads for Jedward every ten minutes. It can be dangerous though, I've been known to watch three or four in a row...just too damn good!

3 or 4? Is that all? Wait till you spend a whole day doing it.

Advertisement