Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

3 or 4? Is that all? Wait till you spend a whole day doing it.

Believe me I wanted to, I had to limit myself to four though before I put an Iris on the front door!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have;
    • Stargate (SG1) Season 1-10 Collection
    • Stargate (SGA) Season 1-5 Collection
    • Stargate Continuum
    • Stargate Ark of Truth
    • Stargate (1994) Special Edition with a cool fold out pyramid cover
    • Stargate Universe Season 1&2 Boxset.
    Add to all that unemployment due to illness, insomnia and it makes for a hell of a year. :D

Notice alot of mods posting here. Did ye all ban the regular users?:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    I have;
    • Stargate (SG1) Season 1-10 Collection
    • Stargate (SGA) Season 1-5 Collection
    • Stargate Continuum
    • Stargate Ark of Truth
    • Stargate (1994) Special Edition with a cool fold out pyramid cover
    • Stargate Universe Season 1&2 Boxset.
    Add to all that unemployment due to illness, insomnia and it makes for a hell of a year. :D

Notice alot of mods posting here. Did ye all ban the regular users?:D

Having all those dvd's would almost make you want to be unemployed, have an illness, & be an insomnic redface.gif

Yep, Stargate - Tv for Modz cool.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

all episodes on my computer, added to vlc with random turned on...then just constantly watch the goodness!

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    all episodes on my computer, added to vlc with random turned on...then just constantly watch the goodness!

Random playback? Wont someone please think of the story arcs :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah love watching cor-ai then the tokra part 2 and then within the serpants grasp straight after that, then maybe window of opportunity:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

how do people always know the names of episodes!

i dunno how do people remember there banking details, when they have 2 accounts with 8 and 10 digit account numbers followed by passwords (both different) then another 5 or 6 digits code where you have to enter 3 of the digits:D,

they stick out in my head cause i relly liked them episodes, plus a load of other episodes,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

EnterNow wrote: »
    Random playback? Wont someone please think of the story arcs :p

ya jokin me?
    me and im very sure the majority of the people here know the story arcs like the backs of our hands.

manthe first couple of seconds of a show, and I can tel which episode it is....admittedly not by name, but I can tell you exactly what happens. and the story its attached to.

As above plus it helps if you're like this guy. :D

tumblr_lctorgaWnC1qdj1xio1_500_thumb.jpg?1292673131
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    ya jokin me?
    me and im very sure the majority of the people here know the story arcs like the backs of our hands.

manthe first couple of seconds of a show, and I can tel which episode it is....admittedly not by name, but I can tell you exactly what happens. and the story its attached to.

Fair point, I've only seen through everything the one time so I'd need another run through or two before the aul random button could be hit :)

I'm not bad with episode names, bank details though thats a different story. I remember the episode names of those which had great content, unlike my bank account which probably explains the amnesia surrounding access to it :o

Was going back through season 5 again with the finale finished just 5 minutes ago.

EPIC. :cool::)

Now a film or two. Gonna start off with the original film, director's cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I went through every episode a few months back! Didn't skip a single episode.

To be honest, It's the only show i would consider watching 300 episodes and 3 films again and again!!

Also the reason i started watching it again was because i watched the original stargate film and decided it was time to go through the series again.

Such great shows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

Just started re watching it this week.

Made me remember how good the original series was. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've seen used sets go very very cheap, & its a far better experience watching them in dvd quality and unbroken by ads for Jedward every ten minutes. It can be dangerous though, I've been known to watch three or four in a row...just too damn good!

Cheap online, presumably? Single season sets seem cheaper than the full boxset, though I think even it has come down a little since I posted earlier. There should be an iris to protect against Jedward. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Started watching SG1 again, skipped a good few episodes but I'm on series 3 now and just finished the episode Seth.

O'Neill: Jaffa Jokes?
    Tea'lc: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet.
    It is a tense moment.
    Serpent guard's eyes glow, the Horus guard's beak glistens, the Setesh guard's nose drips...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

O'Neill: Jaffa Jokes?
    Tea'lc: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet.
    It is a tense moment.
    Serpent guard's eyes glow, the Horus guard's beak glistens, the Setesh guard's nose drips...

Teal%27cLaugh.jpg

That look and the sudden realization that no one else is laughing made that scene stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

For the people who have never watched Stargate, i envy you. I'd love to be able to watch them all again fresh from the start.
    I watched an episode of SG1 on sky last week and it just made me want to watch them all again.......which i plan to do, very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Would join in Tar but I flogged all my SG dvds a while ago for no reason other than the ridiculous amount of space they took up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm on Season 4 at the minute, I only ever watched random episodes when my dad had it on when I was younger, but got the entire series for my birthday :D

gateworld have been doing recaps the last 3 months, a season a month and then a vote on favourtite moments, i havent been able to join in with my schedual being so packed with so many shows:o:D,

I'm on series 9 now, the cast additions and changes never bothered me but the story line still makes me wonder what would have happened if the series ended with the over throw of the Goa'uld and a whole new series was dedicated to the Ori.

Real pity the last movie was scrapped.

Real pity the last movie Stargate was scrapped.

Fyp :(

SG1 and Atlantis yes, I'm still not sure about Universe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SG1 and Atlantis yes, I'm still not sure about Universe.

Universe had potential and it looked like it was reaching that potential just before they axed it. SG1 as much as I loved it was past it. Seasons 9 and 10 were awful.

It was well in to series 2 when it started to get good and it might have taken off in a third series but it was canceled before it got interesting. SG1 series 9 isn't to bad, I've only watched it and series 10 once before so some of the episodes are partly forgotten.

Universe had potential and it looked like it was reaching that potential just before they axed it.

+1
    SG1 as much as I loved it was past it. Seasons 9 and 10 were awful.

Balance = 0

Universe had potential and it looked like it was reaching that potential just before they axed it. SG1 as much as I loved it was past it. Seasons 9 and 10 were awful.
    It was well in to series 2 when it started to get good and it might have taken off in a third series but it was canceled before it got interesting. SG1 series 9 isn't to bad, I've only watched it and series 10 once before so some of the episodes are partly forgotten.
    they left it to long to introduce othere humans and aliens, and when they eventually did they had a great storyline of
    them being there decentdants and the aliens were fairly good, and the remote ships were also great, would have liked to have meet there makers
    , but as i said they waited far to long,

• Advertisement

Ya never know with the way they ended Universe it left the doors wide open for a return. I sat through season 1, and hoped for more, and in season 2 it started to shrine through.

I really hope for more Universe. There is so much potential for it, and unlike Atlantis they can go in a completely different direction. I mean Atlantis was good, but alot of episodes, like Star Trek, mirrored Stargate in plot, etc. However Universe being in a different Galaxy (per season) has much more ability to introduce new plots, characters, etc.

Here's hoping.:)

Advertisement