Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

I collected the magazines as well but only up to the ninth season, I figured I would cancel and just buy Atlantis and SG1 season 10 since it was nearing a dvd release at the time.

Also if you look at season 2 you'll find the episodes aren't in the correct order, probably the same with the other seasons as well.
    as long as theres none missing :D

wouldnt mind reducing the 4-5 foot they take up with a foot long BR box set :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

don ramo wrote: »
    as long as theres none missing :D

wouldnt mind reducing the 4-5 foot they take up with a foot long BR box set :D

I don't have the boxes anymore, got a DVD/CD holder and put them in there with cut outs of the original DVD covers showing what episodes are on what disks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Watching SGA again.

Seems the more i watch SGA the more i like it (always did, but moreso now), and i pick up on things i missed before. However the episode today on Sky was Sateda (S 3, Ep. 4). Has to be one of my all time favourite episodes. Not sure if it's the best but i really enjoy it.

The Ronan back story is good, but the thing that makes it for me is the back and forth between both McKay, and Beckett and especially between Tayla and Sheppard. Her re-actions to his exaggerations is great. Then the final scene where they fly away in the jumper. Classic.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

I don't have the boxes anymore, got a DVD/CD holder and put them in there with cut outs of the original DVD covers showing what episodes are on what disks.
    na there all there for now, that would be far to much effort :o

don ramo wrote: »
    na there all there for now, that would be far to much effort :o

I know for a fact I was extremely bored when I did it, sometime boredom pays off. All the other times are best forgotten :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Damn! They just killed Doc Frasier! What's with the death toll among medical professionals on this show!

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Damn! They just killed Doc Frasier! What's with the death toll among medical professionals on this show!

A sad SG moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

A sad SG moment :(

Yeah but it was done in a very weird way. Spending half of the episode making us think that O'Neill was dead, only to turn around and stick it to Fraiser was abit cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah but it was done in a very weird way. Spending half of the episode making us think that O'Neill was dead, only to turn around and stick it to Fraiser was abit cheap.

I thought it was brilliantly done :confused:

I miss General Hammond. O'Neill just isn't desk jockey material. :/

• Advertisement

Speaking of good ole General Hammond, anyone else notice the actor that plays him in the episode "1969" also plays another character later on in the series, think he might be in the one where Anubis is jumping from person to person in the SGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Speaking of good ole General Hammond, anyone else notice the actor that plays him in the episode "1969" also plays another character later on in the series, think he might be in the one where Anubis is jumping from person to person in the SGC.

yep, i believe hes also in the one where the replicators are destroyed.

also, Narim, the tolan is dr weir's boyfriend in atlantis.

the guy that plays halling in atlantis, also plays tod the wraith and is in the sg1 episode where the have that mind link to the computer in the living dome thingy.

its mad the way they reuse so many characters.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    tod the wraith

Such a brilliantly badass character :cool:

I also thought Michael the Wraith played by Connor Trinneer of Enterprise [in]fame was brilliantly done.

Speaking of good ole General Hammond
    Wheapons! He looks great in his comeback episode. Mature actors have a lot more presence really, a Picard rather than a Kirk.

I thought it was a really nice touch that they acknowledged in the show, the real life death of the actor who played Hamond, & renamed one of the ships the Hammond.

"Son, do you know what colour this phone is!?" :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »

its mad the way they reuse so many characters.
    Speaking of which, who was the very first person/character through the stargate?

It was
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569295/

as
    Catherine Langfords boyfriend (Ernst Littlefield)
    in this ep vvv

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709205/

Carson Beckett was first through the Gate.

Mad eh?

EnterNow wrote: »
    I thought it was brilliantly done :confused:

No I think that putting that much emphasis on O'Neill cheapened the send off that Fraiser deserved.

EnterNow wrote: »
    I thought it was a really nice touch that they acknowledged in the show, the real life death of the actor who played Hamond, & renamed one of the ships the Hammond.

"Son, do you know what colour this phone is!?" :cool:
    Didn't know he was dead. I do now though, and can actually pinpoint the episode where he dies, whenever I get to it. :/

Ah I see they swapped in the Farscape crew. And no legend goes unlooted, Merlin gets a mention! :D Weird. But not unpleasant so far.

Didn't know he was dead. I do now though, and can actually pinpoint the episode where he dies, whenever I get to it. :/

The mention of his death is in SGA season 5.

• Advertisement

I am really enjoying the reimagining of the show for season 9 and 10, the evil priests have a very ABC warriors feel.

I am really enjoying the reimagining of the show for season 9 and 10, the evil priests have a very ABC warriors feel.

The Ori Arc? Loved it :cool:

With all the changes in Seasons 9 and 10 the Ori Arc could have branched off to it's own little spin off, not sure how well it would have worked but the story had enough potential to continue slightly longer then it did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I loved it all, though to me, parts of the Ori arc felt like it was stalling for ideas mid way through. Granted, i thought I was watching Farscape SG1 at times, but non the less, loved it.

Hallowed Are The Ori!

stargate-sg-1-ori.jpg

So jealous of those watching through it. I only started on Stargate last year, tore through all three series & now it's all gone :(

With all the changes in Seasons 9 and 10 the Ori Arc could have branched off to it's own little spin off, not sure how well it would have worked but the story had enough potential to continue slightly longer then it did.
    They had pitched the idea for season 9 onwards to be a new spin off called Stargate Command on account of all the changes that had taken place.
    But naturally, Sci Fi shot it down to milk the last few drops out of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Was a big fan of the Ori arc myself and with the way it ended theres still potential for more. After all alot of big ass ships and troops out there floating around with nothing to do....

They had pitched the idea for season 9 onwards to be a new spin off called Stargate Command on account of all the changes that had taken place.
    But naturally, Sci Fi shot it down to milk the last few drops out of the show.

I never knew that, pity really since there was so much opportunity in seasons 9-10.

Okay you know what? Loving it so far, but season 10, episode 6, I Do Not Like when shows go meta. Actors talking about actors acting their roles, some weaselly dude on a cellphone talking to "marty" in the studio, its a big movie industry navel gazing exercise. I don't care, and you're breaking my suspension of disbelief.

• Advertisement

Yeah that was the 200th episode special, it's an odd standout episode.

Advertisement