Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is with me

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Yeah that was the 200th episode special, it's an odd standout episode.
    I dunno, I'm one of those guys that doesn't care about the backstory of the band, I just like the music. Really wrecks it for me, its forced chuckles time. ANYWAY, forget that ever happened. They should really have kept this up for ten more episodes, its matured very well.

Next ep: Is that the chick from Firefly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I'm guessing Adria, actress who played her was in Firefly.

Its the little touches I enjoy most -like the eyes of the priors for example. Little known fact, the "smokey" look to their irises, cataracts, also common to the blind and elderly is caused by prolonged exposure to heat and light - the jelly in the eye literally cooks. This is why you shouldn't stare into the fireplace for too long. Takes years usually but with the fire gods deal going on, it all works quite nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

I'm guessing Adria, actress who played her was in Firefly.

yes. and the new v series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    yes. and the new v series.
    and brodies wife in homeland :D

• Advertisement

Ach that had legs in it for another few series.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Ach that had legs in it for another few series.

Is that a way of saying your at the end and enjoyed the story?
    Don't forget the movie that continues the story, The Ark of Truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Don't forget the movie that continues the story, The Ark of Truth.
    And Continuum aswell after that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate#The_Ark_of_Truth_.26_Continuum

And Continuum aswell after that.

[url][/url]

Yes there's that movie as well but I was referring to the Ori story arc which The Ark of Truth finishes, Continuum goes back to the Goa'uld which was a nice return.

Is that a way of saying your at the end and enjoyed the story?
    Being honest I felt it was only just coming into its prime. Why was it cancelled, falling viewership?

• Advertisement

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Being honest I felt it was only just coming into its prime. Why was it cancelled, falling viewership?

I think there were more reasons then that, it was probably a factor but I know SciFi was more then ticked off at the costs so it's probably became a combination of things. MGM wanted to continue it so we got the two movies, Atlantis was going strong at that time as well.

Edit: On a side note I've started rewatching Atlantis, there are some good episodes with SG1 characters including Amanda Tapping taking over as Atlantis head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think there were more reasons then that, it was probably a factor but I know SciFi was more then ticked off at the costs so it's probably became a combination of things. MGM wanted to continue it so we got the two movies, Atlantis was going strong at that time as well.

Edit: On a side note I've started rewatching Atlantis, there are some good episodes with SG1 characters including Amanda Tapping taking over as Atlantis head.

Atlantis was brilliant I thought. And the crossover eps were excellent as you mention, the Teal'C & Ronon episode was really good

EnterNow wrote: »
    Atlantis was brilliant I thought. And the crossover eps were excellent as you mention, the Teal'C & Ronon episode was really good

Season 5 midway First Contact and The Lost Tribe with Michael Shanks were excellent as well, Jackson and McKay.

Grace Under Pressure was good too but for...other reasons ;)

Missed the episode Duet where Rodney ends up with the female solider in his head so rewatched it this morning, besides being a very funny episode I spotted a continuity error, when Sheppard and Ronon are testing Earth weapons Ronon's gun is on the left of his belt, after the Earth weapons he pulls out his gun from the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I've been watching Stargate from the beginning (again) on Netflix's, i'm on season 6 at the moment and i just seen that its being removed from Netflix on the 15th of this month :mad:
    I contemplating watching the remaining 4 seasons in the next 4 days:D.

Those would be a fun four days :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched the two part opener of Universe today for the first time. A pretty good set up and definitely a 'different' Stargate, more civilianised at this point. The SG1 regulars seemed a little shoe-horned in there (I've seen SG1 s9 & 10, or Atlantis, but that's OK seeing as they were in another location and not very important. I like most of the characters so far - Elli seems nerdy enough and fun without having being given annoying/stereotypical mannerisms. Also like the Lt. bloke and Rush. May be imagining it, but I could have sworn I heard an expletive in there somewhere. There are a few things that didn't really sit right with me, but I can't recall them just now.

Did Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper leave the franchise at one point?

Some channel had Continuum and Ark of Truth on this weekend, but I didn't want to jump in mid-way.

Did Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper leave the franchise at one point?

One of them left during the final season of Universe and I think that person left after it was officially canceled.

SG1 or SGA, what to watch...

SG1 or SGA, what to watch...

Both ;)

Both ;)

Tempting if I had two tv's next to each other lol

• Advertisement

Tempting if I had two tv's next to each other lol

SG1 up until season 8, then introduce SGA & enjoy the sheer brilliance of the series :cool:

When I retire, I'm gonna camp in front of the HTPC & just live out my days watching all my fav shows :D:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

SG1 up until season 8, then introduce SGA & enjoy the sheer brilliance of the series :cool:

Is that the best was to do it? Then a season per show at a time? Or mix them all together? Tempted to do a full re-run myself, and not sure if i'll watch one entirely, or do it properly and watch them both.

Kiith wrote: »
    Is that the best was to do it? Then a season per show at a time? Or mix them all together? Tempted to do a full re-run myself, and not sure if i'll watch one entirely, or do it properly and watch them both.

The series' do link up during S8 of SG-1, but you wouldn't need to watch them on a one by one basis as they rarely cross over in any chronological way. I'd say five eps of SG1 then five eps of SGA would be a nice way to do it.

I'm mid way through my Star Trek VOY run through, so once I'm done, I'll be hitting up SG1 for the second time myself :)

Kiith wrote: »

Either way would work, I believe SG1 season 8 starts its crossover episodes and SGA during season 3.

Either way would work, I believe SG1 season 8 starts its crossover episodes and SGA during season 3.

Doesn't SGA only begin when SG1 hits S8?

Doesn't SGA only begin when SG1 hits S8?

I was mixing my seasons up, I knew it was with Mitchell but he came in season 9 not 8 and the episode I'm thinking of is actually SG1 season 10.

Advertisement