Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB -> AIB Credit card. How long for payment to credit?

Options
  • 17-12-2010 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I'm sure this question has been asked before but my search for an answer came up short so I apologise in advance for asking it again.

Would anyone know an approx time for processing a payment from a current account to a credit card, clearing debt on the credit card in other words.

I need to pay for something through paypal but my credit card is maxed, and this close to Christmas I run the risk of not getting it delivered on time if I don't order it soon.

Both the card and the current account are with AIB, so for anyone with a reasonable idea of the processing period I eagerly await your answer. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Henno30 wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm sure this question has been asked before but my search for an answer came up short so I apologise in advance for asking it again.

Would anyone know an approx time for processing a payment from a current account to a credit card, clearing debt on the credit card in other words.

I need to pay for something through paypal but my credit card is maxed, and this close to Christmas I run the risk of not getting it delivered on time if I don't order it soon.

Both the card and the current account are with AIB, so for anyone with a reasonable idea of the processing period I eagerly await your answer. Thanks.

I have AIB Mastercard and when I pay it. the payment is there next working day, assuming I pay before about 4pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have AIB Mastercard and when I pay it. the payment is there next working day, assuming I pay before about 4pm.

I believe its 5pm Monay to Friday. Works for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Online, it's instant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Black Dog wrote: »
    Online, it's instant

Sorry, but its not.

It goes through overnight Mon - Fri, like all bill pays. Weekend payments go through monday night.

I just paid my AIB credit card now, just to be sure to be sure :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Yep it's overnight. Another example of how money ends up in a limbo between systems operated by the same company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement