Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Flyweight Division

• 17-12-2010 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

What are your thoughts on a potential UFC Flyweight(125 pounds) Division?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bring it 125's will be super fast have huge gas tank's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They just added two divisions to the bottom of the scale, they aren't going to add another down there for a while.
    135 is going to have a tough enough time imo as 145 is the better of the two new divs.

A bigger chance of a SHW return in the immediate future :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Dana White has said that he will eventually get the 125 division into the UFC.

Back in November in Germany -

"I believe we'll add it a lot sooner than people think we will," White said during today's Q&A session at at Konig Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen, Germany.

.... I also seen a quote of him saying he would never do a super heavyweight division because there is no talent for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

It will happen eventually. Some of the fighters competing at 135 like Demetrious Johnson are walking around at 135ish and could easily make the cut and have said they'd prefer 125. Add into the equation fellows like John Dodson, Abel Cullum etc and you could get a competitive division.
    However, at the lower weight classes the roster seems less top heavy than the higher weight divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

Odats wrote: »
    However, at the lower weight classes the roster seems less top heavy than the higher weight divisions.

I believe this will change once people become familiar with the lighter weight classes, due to the greater exposer the UFC will provide.

• Advertisement

I think the addition of the WEC weightclasses is enough for now. I'm not sure a 125 division would add much to the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I'm all for more weight classes in UFC. UFC is the biggest show in the MMA world and I'd love to see the best fighters at the lower weights get the UFC treatment (more money, hype and exposure).

Advertisement