Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Xmas Deals

• 17-12-2010 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭

From majornelson.com

Celebrate the countdown to the New Year on Xbox LIVE.

Get ready for your New Year’s Celebration with great entertainment and daily special offers from Xbox LIVE. From December 21 through December 31, we’ll have a new Xbox LIVE Marketplace deal every day. I’ll be posting the daily deals here on my blog and on twitter. In addition to the surprise daily offers, we’ll host 10 unique offers (see below) that will be available for the duration of the campaign.

Here is a preview of the 10 deals and their discounted price that will be available December 21 – December 31

Super Meat Boy Discounted Price: 800 Savings: 33%

Comic Jumper Discounted Price: 800 Savings: 33%

Toy Soldiers Discounted Price: 800 Savings: 33%

Banjo Tooie Discounted Price: 600 Savings: 50%

Castle Crashers Discounted Price: 600 Savings: 50%

The UnderGarden Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%

Risk Factions Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%

Afterburner Climax Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%

Borderland's Claptrap New Revolution Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%

Carcassonne Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%

The above discounted prices will kick-in on December 21st.

I'll try to keep this thread updated with the daily deals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Doesn't look as good as last year, I was expecting Limbo and a couple of others to make the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

calex71 wrote: »
    Doesn't look as good as last year, I was expecting Limbo and a couple of others to make the list.

Well last year they only had the daily deals iirc, this year they have the daily deals plus what's posted there so Limbo still may well make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I did like the daily deals last year. There was some genuine value to be had. Hopefully it will be the same this year as I skipped a heap of the Summer XBLA titles as they were too pricey for me.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Well last year they only had the daily deals iirc, this year they have the daily deals plus what's posted there so Limbo still may well make an appearance.

Yeah I took that up wrong thought that was it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

What sort of deals were there last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've had After Burner: Climax for a few months now (I downloaded it last time it went on the cheap cheap), and it's a good bit of mindless fun. I's worth the few hundred points, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Healium wrote: »
    What sort of deals were there last year?

The best ones I can remember were Monkey Island SE for 400MSP, Shadow Complex for 800MSP and BF1943 for 560MSP.

Hopefully we'll see some of the summer of arcade games down in price. I'd deffo pick up limbo and lara croft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I recommend Afterburner and Toy soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Xbox live also doing two years membership for €95 instead of the usual €120. Its on the Spotlight menu when you sign in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

blindpilot wrote: »
    Xbox live also doing two years membership for €95 instead of the usual €120. Its on the Spotlight menu when you sign in.

still a rip off-stay away from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Might get Banjo Tooie, doubt that'l ever be discounted again.....The UnderGarden also, kinda trippy like Flower, was nearly going to buy it at full price too! Cant believe they still havent discounted Hydrophobia, is that game selling at all?! Its one of the worst demos ive played

blindpilot wrote: »
    €83, and no auto-renewal crap http://gamecards.eu/games/good/224

:P

Just got Castle Crashers. A steal for 600 points. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Keep an eye on the Marketplace as well over Christmas, they mentioned that they'd be doing additional daily deals (like Black Friday) over the Christmas period...
    I scored 'Splosion Man for 160 points during that offer, so there are some major deals to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Xbox LIVE Countdown to New Year’s Eve deals for today, Dec. 21 are:

Red Dead Redemption Game Add-ons

Liars & Cheats Normal Price:800 Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%

Legends & Killers Pack Normal Price: 800 Discounted Price: 400 Savings: 50%

Undead Nightmare Normal Price: 800 Discounted Price: 600 Savings: 25%

Undead Nightmare Collection Normal Price: 1600 Discounted Price: 1200 Savings: 25%

Theres a few more today :

Holiday Collection 2011 Glasses - FREE

Films

"The Italian Job" - 760 MSP (purchase only)

Re: Italian job. Is that rental or is it a permanent download? I only thought you could rent movies from xbla. Just read Major Nelsons blog. He strongly alludes that it will be Lara Croft related discounts tomorrow.

Undead Nightmare Collection is a steal at 1200, but I bought Undead Nightmare at 800 and have no interest in the multiplayer DLC

I'm expecting some regulars to pop up over the next few days, like Bioshock 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. I want to finally pick up The Passing and The Sacrifice. Mass Effect 2 might pop up, as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I'm hoping the Mass Effect 2 DLC shows up in some of the deals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Red Dead Redemption is available from today on Games on Demand for the paltry sum of €59.99!!!!!! Bargain.

F@ckin Jokers!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Good deals for the Red Dead DLC IMO. Are these deals listed today just for today and then new deals will be on tomorrow for everyday until new years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Just to let you all know, and I dunno if some may already know, but Pinball FX 2 is free. Go into arcade and you'll find it in the alphabetical list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Moiph wrote: »
    Just to let you all know, and I dunno if some may already know, but Pinball FX 2 is free. Go into arcade and you'll find it in the alphabetical list.
    Im pretty sure thats free all the time, but you have to pay to buy your first table to play in the game anyway, so its not free technically.

Tinie wrote: »
    Good deals for the Red Dead DLC IMO. Are these deals listed today just for today and then new deals will be on tomorrow for everyday until new years?
    Yep

Tinie wrote: »

The discounted games (Meatboy, Castle crashers etc) are there for about a week. The deals released daily are for one day only. I hope they're not all DLC.

Batesy wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption is available from today on Games on Demand for the paltry sum of €59.99!!!!!! Bargain.

F@ckin Jokers!!

Cheapest good Game on demand is Virtua fighter 5 for 20 Euro. I saw it on sale preowned for about four Euro in Game stop a couple of days ago. MS are taking the piss alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i only see the all week deals on the dashboard...

Offers revealed!

Arcade Games:
    -Lara Croft: GoL
    -Castlevania Harmony of Dispair
    -Perfect Dark
    -Monday Night Combat
    -Sonic the Hedgehog
    -Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    -Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    -Sonic the Hedgehog 4
    -Sonic Adventure
    -Sonic and Knuckles
    -Limbo

Add-Ons:
    -Halo Noble Map Pack
    -Fable III Understone Quest Pack
    -RDR: Liars & Cheats, Legends & Killers, Undead Nightmare
    -Alan Wake: The Signal and The Writer
    -Dance Central: I Gotta Feeling
    -Mass Effect: Lair of the Shadow Broker
    -Mass Effect 2: Overlord; Kasumi

I saw this posted as a comment on Major Nelson's site, and it looks legit (apart from the Halo Reach map pack! Discounted already?!)

Also, if you have a US account, they have clues for the deals on the Dashboard

• Thursday, Dec. 23: "Quiet Harmony - Get competetive or play co-op" (Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance)
    • Friday, Dec. 24: "Solve a Mystery - Your best weapon is the light" (Alan Wake DLC)
    • Saturday, Dec. 25: "Gotta Feeling? - Can you master the moves?" (Dance Central - "I Gotta Feeling" DLC)
    • Sunday, Dec. 26: "A Secret Agent - What is your code name?" (Perfect Dark)
    • Monday, Dec. 27: "Extreme Waves - It's a race to the finish line" (Hydro Thunder Hurricane)
    • Tuesday, Dec. 28: "Lazarus Project - Can you shepard the elite?" (Mass Effect 2 DLC)
    • Wednesday, Dec. 29: "Moneyball - Play the future Monday night sport" (Monday Night Combat. Duh.)
    • Thursday, Dec. 30: "One Foe - A world of good vs evil" (Fable 3 DLC)
    • Friday, Dec. 31: "Find Her - Will you wake up on the edge?" (Limbo)
    The games are what Joystiq is expecting them to be! Only thing missing in the first list is Hydro Thunder Hurricane, but that clue must be for HTH.

Disappointing deals for me, personally. I'll pick up Limbo and the Noble Map Pack. I would've picked up those little Mass Effect 2 DLCs if they were on offer (the 160 point packs). I'll spend my points on PacMan and the new Need For Speed DLC instead

For anyone with some extra points, if you get Monday Night Combat for 800 points or less, snatch it up. Lara Croft is also a great co-op game. Hydro Thunder Hurricane is fun, not sure if many still play the multiplayer. OBVIOUSLY anyone without the Mass Effect 2 DLC should pick it up. Lair Of The Shadow Broker was a great DLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I really want to get Limbo! Glad it's being reduced.

• Advertisement

Limbo is excellent. Some good games there, too bad I own all of them, or have them on megadrive collection, bar 3.

Advertisement