Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Rhyme wrote: »
    Zelda on the Wii and I have a love/hate thing going on, it has a few nice bits here and there and two or three genuinely satisfying parts but overall it's very easy and (sorry to put it so bluntly) boring. I have fonder memories of older Zelda titles (WW, LttP and MM stand out immediately) and having played Mario Galaxy to death a short while ago (100% with Mario and Luigi :( ) I'm still a little jaded on the little Italian guy.

I'll dig around when all the pre-Santa cleaning is done.
    Yes, I can't stand Zelda on the Wii... far too childish and irritating. Just though you might be in ze mood.

Paper Mario is a cool game. 2d yet 3d, but mostly 2d. Kinda. Awesome.

I bought so so many games today! I went into Game looking for Red Dead Redemption as my xmas entertainment, but they didn't have it. Checked HMV... wow... now, they didn't have RDR either, but they did have looooads of legendary games for like €15 new! Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock 2, MK vs DC and more, all in my mitts, plus a load of dvds and I still didn't break the €100 mark! Wuhahahahah! Joy!

Game and its no Irish website can go **** themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yes, I can't stand Zelda on the Wii... far too childish and irritating. Just though you might be in ze mood.

Paper Mario is a cool game. 2d yet 3d, but mostly 2d. Kinda. Awesome.
    Don't have Super Paper Mario but I do have Paper Mario 2 which is superb (though I finished up my 100% save a month ago while waiting for mid-point project assessment :/ )
    I bought so so many games today! I went into Game looking for Red Dead Redemption as my xmas entertainment, but they didn't have it. Checked HMV... wow... now, they didn't have RDR either, but they did have looooads of legendary games for like €15 new! Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock 2, MK vs DC and more, all in my mitts, plus a load of dvds and I still didn't break the €100 mark! Wuhahahahah! Joy!

Game and its no Irish website can go **** themselves!

HMV still have the power to shock with their prices every now and then, glad to hear you were on the benefiting end this Christmas :)

Don't have Super Paper Mario but I do have Paper Mario 2 which is superb (though I finished up my 100% save a month ago while waiting for mid-point project assessment :/ )

HMV still have the power to shock with their prices every now and then, glad to hear you were on the benefiting end this Christmas :)

Yeah, I nearly just went for whatever was on offer in Game due to the short queues... but the lack of selection etc, pft, they didn't deserve my custom.

Paper Mario 1 is worth a look. Should be super cheap :)

Yeah, I nearly just went for whatever was on offer in Game due to the short queues... but the lack of selection etc, pft, they didn't deserve my custom.

Paper Mario 1 is worth a look. Should be super cheap :)

Good job that you did, Game at Christmas can be a disillusioning business.

I still have mental scars from Paper Mario 1 (and Super Mario RPG for that matter), best left alone this festive season. Did a bit of a dig earlier on and have a few options for after Christmas dinner and my annual Christmas watching of Die Hard.

Ooh, Wikipedia tells me Mario Party 2 came out today on Virtual Console, *scrambles*

Well, I can safely say that Assassin's Creed 2 is an awesome game. I feel bad for all the other games I got who are being unplayed. Still can't believe they were all going so cheap! Gah! Joy of having a week of non-stop xbox! Woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Got Batman: Arkum Asylum and God of War 1+2 today. Will give 'em a lash tonight all going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Well, I can safely say that Assassin's Creed 2 is an awesome game. I feel bad for all the other games I got who are being unplayed. Still can't believe they were all going so cheap! Gah! Joy of having a week of non-stop xbox! Woop!

Got AC 2 and 3. Also got Black OPs. So much gaming, so little time :p.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Got Batman: Arkum Asylum and God of War 1+2 today. Will give 'em a lash tonight all going well!

Possibly three of my favourite games. Wow. Especially the God of Wars!

Playing Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe as my back-up take a break game from Assassin's Creed 2. Something is troubling me...

... all the female characters have massive breasts! Even Dead or Alive (which was famous for its jiggly bits) had at least one token average chested lady, but MK vs DC is practically breaking canon with all the exaggerations! Like Catwoman is now in a plunging V-neck with these monster melons. It's actually distracting from the gameplay, not to mention odd that all these super ninjas who are normally all lithe and deadly, suddenly must have the poor balance of an inverted pyramid. Guess this is what happens when you let geeks design your games.

Good game though, I've had quite a few pitched battles where I've been shouting at the computer screen. Glad I chose it over SSFIV (waits for DooM to explode)

Something is troubling me...

... all the female characters have massive breasts! Even Dead or Alive (which was famous for its jiggly bits) had at least one token average chested lady, but MK vs DC is practically breaking canon with all the exaggerations! Like Catwoman is now in a plunging V-neck with these monster melons. It's actually distracting from the gameplay, not to mention odd that all these super ninjas who are normally all lithe and deadly, suddenly must have the poor balance of an inverted pyramid. Guess this is what happens when you let geeks design your games.

I have the morbid prayer that it has the option (that's also in Soul Calibur 2) to set the elasticity of the characters breasts, it turned the game from a great beat 'em up into an absolute joke.

• Advertisement

I have the morbid prayer that it has the option (that's also in Soul Calibur 2) to set the elasticity of the characters breasts, it turned the game from a great beat 'em up into an absolute joke.

That's in Soul Calibur 2? That's bizarre! I always held Soul Calibur/Soul Blade up as one of the shining examples of how to make an excellent 3d beat-em-up, without resorting to DOA's tricks. Hilarious option to include though.

That's in Soul Calibur 2? That's bizarre! I always held Soul Calibur/Soul Blade up as one of the shining examples of how to make an excellent 3d beat-em-up, without resorting to DOA's tricks. Hilarious option to include though.

Yeah, I was 17 at the time so it had that "tee-hee" titillation about it as well (so to speak).

Bought Mario Party 2 on the Virtual Console as my homebrew legitimate copy is on the fritz. Top-notch game for four people to kill an hour on.

Bought this as well;

I have a thing for chiptunes, and Anamanaguchi, so it's the current gem on my Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Have strong urge to play Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick again.

Haven't actually played my playstation2 in....3 years or something :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Brother using it these days as a dvd player basically. Never get peace to play games as the Mother always about and nagging saying "Ya shouldn't be playing that look at ye going mad at the telly it's bad for your blood pressure!" :D:D:D

Still have loads of games to even finish yet. Will get round to it this year :pac:
    Wouldn't mind getting a Wii.
    Wanna kinda play old style games retro looking ones.

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Never get peace to play games as the Mother always about and nagging saying "Ya shouldn't be playing that look at ye going mad at the telly it's bad for your blood pressure!" :D:D:D

Hah! My Dad came into my room to check on me the other night because I was cursing at the tv so much. Just goes to show how immersive MK vs DC is. Next I need a racing car came that makes me lean as I steer... although Mario Kart does encourage such actions anyway... and is awesome... and has a black steering wheel... urge to buy increasing... bank balance freaking... nnnnnnnaaaaaaaah!

Next I need a racing car came that makes me lean as I steer... although Mario Kart does encourage such actions anyway... and is awesome... and has a black steering wheel... urge to buy increasing... bank balance freaking... nnnnnnnaaaaaaaah!

Mario Kart for the Wii is amazing regardless of what control scheme you use (Wiimote (+wheel), Wiimote+Nunchuk, Classic or Gamecube) though if its a more intense experience you're looking for then the wheel setup might suit you. I play games with my hands resting on my thighs so I can't get into that scheme.

The game has the manic appeal of Mario Kart 64, the competitive edge of Super Mario Kart and the easy flow of Double-Dash. Nintendo really did their homework on it and even the online play is cool (though once your rank goes up, you're pitted against people who have perfected their play style and can exploit all kinds of bugs in the game making it sometimes frustrating).

Yes I do love it. I've found the stick is a bit more accurate than the wheel... though the wheel is far more enjoyable. Might try to get the black wii with the black wheel... and then put faux leather on it to be a bad ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm so bored of all my games at the moment.

Anyone want to start a Borderlands game from level 1?

Anyone?....Anyone?... Bueller?

Maguined wrote: »
    I'm so bored of all my games at the moment.

Anyone want to start a Borderlands game from level 1?

Anyone?....Anyone?... Bueller?

BUELLERRRRrrrrrr!

Borderlands? Never played it? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Metal gear solid series
    Morrowind
    AvP series, especially AvP1 played in the dark at 3am. (rubber pants optional)
    Max Payne series
    Half life series

These are games that will make a man of you :eek:

It's Diablo, only sci fi and a first person shooter, guns guns guns! over 1 billion guns apparently!

Its great craic, its designed as a 4 player co op loot hunting. you can get the basic game for cheap enough on steam, or pay more for all the optional extra expansions, including a zombie island expansion! though i never bothered with them.

• Advertisement

Metal gear solid series
    Morrowind
    Max Payne series
    Half life series

All great! Is the new AvP any use? I only played the original and it seemed way ahead of its time.
    It's Diablo, only sci fi and a first person shooter, guns guns guns! over 1 billion guns apparently!

Its great craic, its designed as a 4 player co op loot hunting. you can get the basic game for cheap enough on steam, or pay more for all the optional extra expansions, including a zombie island expansion! though i never bothered with them.
    Ah, I'm in Mac-land and refuse to set up bootcamp, so no PC fun for me. Xbox though... I'm all about the xbox :D

You cant play first person shooters on consoles, thats just heresy!

You cant play first person shooters on consoles, thats just heresy!

I dunno, Gears n Beers is where it's at! :D

RTS I'd agree with.

third person shooters are different, they are built around not being too accurate so are doable on consoles, first persons shooters with pinpoint accuracy need a keyboard and mouse.

so speaketh my opinion.

third person shooters are different, they are built around not being too accurate so are doable on consoles, first persons shooters with pinpoint accuracy need a keyboard and mouse.

so speaketh my opinion.

It's been so long since I played a FPS on a pc, I can't really compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Metal gear solid series
    Morrowind
    Max Payne series
    Half life series

I played Morrowind but the combat system is absolute shít. it's no good at all, and i gave up on it for that. it's too hard to attack with a sword or axe.

haven't played Half Life 1 or the expansions but got the Orange Box and loved it...the power of the Gravity Gun is just epic :D
    have Max Payne but haven't played it. i buy games with good intentions and then just forget about them. i've about 15 games on the Xbox i still have to play. don't even get me started on my PC collection :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so speaketh my opinion.

Piffle, can quickscope someone from miles away on CoD with a joypad :pac:

whiteman19 wrote: »
    I played Morrowind but the combat system is absolute shít. it's no good at all, and i gave up on it for that. it's too hard to attack with a sword or axe.

haven't played Half Life 1 or the expansions but got the Orange Box and loved it...the power of the Gravity Gun is just epic :D
    have Max Payne but haven't played it. i buy games with good intentions and then just forget about them. i've about 15 games on the Xbox i still have to play. don't even get me started on my PC collection :o

Play Max Payne... now! Gah! The amazingness of it probably won't even be there anymore because it was an innovator of bullet time etc, now every other game goes on with bullet time.
    krudler wrote: »

I was waiting for someone to say what I felt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Thats because Console "ports" ALWAYS have auto-aim enabled.....
    krudler wrote: »
    Play Max Payne... now! Gah! The amazingness of it probably won't even be there anymore because it was an innovator of bullet time etc, now every other game goes on with bullet time.

I was waiting for someone to say what I felt

• Advertisement

Thats because Console "ports" ALWAYS have auto-aim enabled.....

That doesn't make me feel good when I miss :(

Advertisement