Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good doctor in Leixlip

Options
  • 17-12-2010 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi everyone.. I am new to the forum, and to Ireland. I currently live in Leixlip..
    This morning I woke up with yellow spots on my tonsils :(
    I would like to go see a doctor, but I dont know where to start. Can I just drop by one and ask for a consult? Do I need to write myself in? Is there a GP close to Easton road, since I dont have any transportation means atm.

Thanks a lot for replying !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

i dont use any of them in Leixlip since Dr Crowley died.
    there is a VERY good Dr in Castleknock
    if u want you could get the train to Coolmine Station and take the 10min walk to him
    his name is Dr Hassan Al Bayyari and i cant recomend him enough.
    i cant remember his opening times for the morning but he is there from 11:30-1 and 5:30-7pm if i remember right.

heres a map that may help

click the map to zoom in
    http://img18.imageshack.us/i/37609531.png/

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jessica86

Thanks ! I just called the number and he is also open from 8.30 to 9.30 So ill give him a call around that time, so I can get there around noon. Thanks again !

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Sorry only seeing your post now.... hope your feeling better.
    He's a lovely doctor based in the glen easton medical centre. Between xtra-vision and the chemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Dr Mary Archer over the shops in Confey, she's not what you call nice but she's the sharpest doctor you'll meet, very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jessica86

I've been to doctor Mary, she was nice and helpful. Had to wait what felt like forever though. She diagnosed me with a chestinfection and tonsillitis. Haven't felt so bad in a very long time! She gave me antibiotics and a medical certificate for 7 days.... But if the fever is gone I would like to go to work again. Not to miss too much moneyzz... I can just do that right? I don't HAVE to stay home for 7 days do I? Oh and thanks a lot everyone!! you're all very helpful!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

No, you can return to work whenever you like. But make sure you are really feeling better or maybe you'll get sick again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I think it depends on your workplace's insurance? Best to give them a call first. There are 4/5 doctors very near you at Glen Easton Medical centre- Dr. Fergal Hanlon, David Hanlon, Michael Hanlon (the odd time),...a Dr. Rebecca and another doctor. The wait is mental for Dr. Fergal, much better for the others. I'm not sure if the centre is taking on new patients at all, it wasn't for a good while. Lots of people go to Dr. Mary Boyd (end of leixlip village). More expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Theresia

Hello everyone, I found this thread by looking for a doctor in Leixlip. Good information here. Has anything changed?

Advertisement