Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator abuse

Options
  • 17-12-2010 8:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Infracted and then Banned by DJPBarry, I take issue

Original Infraction
    Dear Mahatma coat,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie. This is an automatically generated message.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    Labelling everyone as "f***ing selfish whingers" is not exactly a constructive contribution.

Infractions are a reminder to you that you have broken a rule, but not in a serious way. The rules for every forum can be seen in the Forum Charter which appears at the top of every forum. If you are unsure what rule you have broken or how, please PM the Moderator(s) of the forum and ask them. All forums are moderated differently, so if you made a similar comment on one forum, it doesn't necessarily mean it's ok to post it everywhere else. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s). Earning 9 active infraction points results in an automatic site ban until at least one of them expires (Infractions are active for 10 days) - this is there as a means to keep serious trouble makers or spammers off the site.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69567333

my first response & his second
    Re: You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Originally Posted by Mahatma coat
    You Are WRONG

you have either missed the point of my post

or

Deliberatley misinterpreted it to further your Green Vendetta

I know you dont like my POV,

but

Man up
    That’s not how to go about objecting to an infraction and I think you know that. Have yourself a break from the forum to read up on the Dispute Resolution Procedure.
    Hi Mahatma coat,

You have been banned from Sustainability & Environmental Issues for the following duration:

3 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Sent abusive PM in response to infraction

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 3 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.
    Re: Banned from Sustainability & Environmental Issues
    if that qualifies as abuse in your sheltered little world then I seriously worry about you.
    Do I need to extend the ban further in order for you to get the hint?
    Quote:
    I'd like to know whether I'm arguing with a Poster or a MOD on thread
    Your arguing is sort of the problem. If you had an issue with the original infraction, sending me a PM telling me I’m WRONG, accusing me of having a personal vendetta against you (considering this is the first time you’ve received a ban from me, that seems rather unlikely) and instructing me to “man up” wasn’t really the best way to go about addressing said issue. Following that up with your suggestion that I live in a “sheltered little world” (your concern for my wellbeing is touching but totally unwarranted, I assure you) was, once again, not the way to go. Whether you want to label me a “mod” or “poster” is irrelevant – personal comments in PM’s are treated exactly the same as they would be in a thread.

Now if you want to discuss your ban, less the needless insults, I’m all ears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Lets start again shall we.
    You have a dispute. The next thing to happen is a Cmod will look at it and enter into a dialogue with you. They will then seek clarification of that dispute with you. Then you can post all the supporting information you want. In the mean time, please do not post all these interactions. It could color your case in a negative fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Lets start again shall we.
    You have a dispute. The next thing to happen is a Cmod will look at it and enter into a dialogue with you. They will then seek clarification of that dispute with you. Then you can post all the supporting information you want. In the mean time, please do not post all these interactions. It could color your case in a negative fashion.

It could do a little more than colour it - it could decide it. About the only action I could reasonably take here is to extend the ban, and I take it that's not what the OP is looking for.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Closing this one up, no reply from OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement