Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you been Fraped ?

• 17-12-2010 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭

So you let someone use your laptop to check their mail.

Next day you check and your Status on Facebook and it says "X ..has shat himself" or something similar.

Is Fraping wrong ?

Is fraping wrong ? 111 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    36% 40 votes
    Only if by Chuck Norris
    63% 71 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have not been fraped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

no, but i have frapped my mrs's account.

jeez you have to be careful how you type that...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

NO ONE gets near my systems. They know the consequences.
    ...And if some gobschite decides to play a stupid, moronic gimp stunt like that, they certaily deserve the consequences of their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yup, gotta untick that remember password box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i once asked all my male friends if they're up for the ride as a consequence of fraping....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The worst ones are the subtle ones, like asking an obscure gal on your friends list "wanna catch a flick" then a couple of days later getting a text asking "hey where are you?" and not having the slightest of what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Biggins wrote: »
    ...And if some gobschite decides to play a stupid, moronic gimp stunt like that, they certaily deserve the consequences of their actions.

And they are...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

not yet wrote: »
    And they are...?

OMG, you asked... the CIA are now coming to get you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

not yet wrote: »
    And they are...?
    Dire! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Im a serial frapist, i've fraping people for years and never been caught. I only do it because i know they secretly want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I have yet to be fraped. "Yet" cos I know it'll happen eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I've fraped my little sister but it's ok she fraped me first. . . . God that sounds so nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup a couple of times on here but thank god they didnt do anything too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

FatherLen wrote: »
    i once asked all my male friends if they're up for the ride as a consequence of fraping....

Were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 coolpaddy

I haven't been fraped yet myself thank god. I've done it to others but nothing too bad.

A mate of mine was recently fraped big time. He was in England one weekend and used his friend's iphone to check his account and never logged out. What followed over the next 24 hours was an hilarious series of frapings that my friend was powerless to stop.

It was along the lines that he had come out as bisexual (original I know). But it was all done so subtly that my friend's mother even asked if the rumours were true. Anytime my friend posted something to say he was straight the frapist deleted it. Genius.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Were they?
    no :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

coolpaddy wrote: »
    A mate of mine was recently fraped big time. He was in England one weekend and used his friend's iphone to check his account and never logged out. What followed over the next 24 hours was an hilarious series of frapings that my friend was powerless to stop.

It was along the lines that he had come out as bisexual (original I know). But it was all done so subtly that my friend's mother even asked if the rumours were true. Anytime my friend posted something to say he was straight the frapist deleted it. Genius.

Funny and all, but he should have just changed his password.
    No more fraping access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I gave up on Face-oh-look-at-me-I'm-so-different-and-awesomer-than-you-book.

<incoherent grumbles>

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

If you don't log out, you deserve it. It's happened to me a few times, thankfully nothing too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

chin_grin wrote: »
    I gave up on Face-oh-look-at-me-I'm-so-different-and-awesomer-than-you-book.

<incoherent grumbles>

In otherwords you gave up on Face-oh-no-I-just-realised-I-don't-really-have-any-friends-and-this-could-be-due-to-the-fact-that-I-am-so-bitter-book. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Did anyone else read the fra in "fraped" as sounding like frAppuccino rather than frAyed?

I think it's down to the fact that I find coffee about 1million times more useful than facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

This big ugly ghost woman made me do the business with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Nobody ever fùcked with my account, I used to threaten them that I could hack the shìt out of their account and I had keylogger on my machines which kept all their passwords.

Heheh, gullible fools! :D

In otherwords you gave up on Face-oh-no-I-just-realised-I-don't-really-have-any-friends-and-this-could-be-due-to-the-fact-that-I-am-so-bitter-book. :cool:

No. Just thought about a server holding every snippet of information on me a little bit intrusive to my sanity and well being and I'd rather email\call someone rather than posting up a comment hoping someone would 'like' it. Also I was running out of tin foil hats.

But yeah. I am bitter. Bitter-sweet! Booyah (I know. Not really a comeback but still..........No, I don't feel any better about it...........Aw).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I am a poo head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

^^^^^
    Dam you!
    *Shakes fist*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Think of the poor bastards who make the genuinely difficult decision to "out" themselves on facebook, only to be derided by their mates saying "ha what a hilarious frape lol!" The 21st century version of the boy who cried wolf. or something.

Daddio wrote: »
    Think of the poor bastards who make the genuinely difficult decision to "out" themselves on facebook, only to be derided by their mates saying "ha what a hilarious frape lol!" The 21st century version of the boy who cried wolf. or something.
    did this happen to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Portmanteau terms are the absolute nadir of modern culture. Please do your civic duty and stop using them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Stupid made-up word.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Portmanteau terms are the absolute nadir of modern culture. Please do your civic duty and stop using them.

I need this on a t shirt. Or a billboard...........Or on the front page of tomorrows newspaper. All of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Pace2008 wrote: »

You do know English is a West Germanic Dialect ?
    Why not just be totally puritan and speak the original lingua :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I've been fraped a few times and have fraped friends a few times too. The easiest way is if someone has an iphone or android phone. It's just a bit of harmless fun as long as you dont go overboard or reveal something really personal about the frapie! But nowadays if you put up something incriminating everybody is gonna kop straight away that it's a frape and the joke doesn't get any credibility..

Can still be amusing to the fraper though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

chin_grin wrote: »
    I need this on a t shirt. Or a billboard...........Or on the front page of tomorrows newspaper. All of them.
    I'm not talking about organically developed terms like the mentioned. I'm referring to "smirting" and the likes, whipped up on the spot by some semi-literate and propagated through the internet (acceptable:)) by people of similar English prowess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

FatherLen wrote: »
    did this happen to you?
    Nope. Although re-reading my post now it does sound bitterly personal :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

brother fraped me when sitting in bar getting ready for the ireland vs allblacks game.

needless to say i got there before anyone saw it and deleted the post, and got a little bit of revenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Rule for frape in my circle of freinds.

You cannot use someones password to frape them, the only time you are allowed to face rape is when they leave the computer and don't log off. They are fair game after that. It teaches people to log off while staying entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

A good one to get your mates is posting ''So....I'm going to be a dad''

Extra great if he has a girlfriend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't do Facebook, but I get the idea. No, it's never happened to me, for a very simple reason: if someone else wants to use my computer, I create an account for them. In Windows, this is under Control Panel -> User Account. It takes a couple of seconds, I log out, and let the other person log in with their new account. Problem solved.

The OP is confusing sharing a machine with sharing an account: if you never share an account, you'll never have this problem.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Flaunting their big slutty unsecured account around for the whole world to see.

They were practically asking for it, judge. What was I to do?

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    I don't do Facebook, but I get the idea. No, it's never happened to me, for a very simple reason: if someone else wants to use my computer, I create an account for them. In Windows, this is under Control Panel -> User Account. It takes a couple of seconds, I log out, and let the other person log in with their new account. Problem solved.

The OP is confusing sharing a machine with sharing an account: if you never share an account, you'll never have this problem.

NERDS UNITE!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Biggins wrote: »

Hard to get near your system when it appears you're mainlined to the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

bnt wrote: »

I have enough of logging in and out of accounts in work.... ffs ... wouldnt be arsed at home :P

I have one mate who uses the fingerprint scanner .. half the time it doesnt work and hes like .. hang on ... swipe .. fail .. swipe .. fail.... just a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I once changed my mate's 'Interested In' to 'Men', his political views to 'Conservative', changed his Birthday to that day and liked a load of pages about being gay.

He said it was the Conservative bit that really annoyed him.

He responded by going on chat (as me) and arguing with everyone/posting comments on girls walls about how fit they were.

Cunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Nope never. If i ever do leave my phone out of my reach,which i don't anyway, you need a password to unlock it. Same with my laptop.
    Have seen a few good ones done on my friends though.

haha have just fraped someone in the job :D
    She's not happy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

What's frapped or frapping?? I don't like this slang its like a foreign language to me!

What's frapped or frapping?? I don't like this slang its like a foreign language to me!
    facebook rape
    when you leave your profile logged in and somone posts something posing as you. usually something embarassing

raping someones facebook account

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was added to 50ish 'i love cock' groups and one 'i love terrorism' group, oh how i lolled. My brother left a comment on my page ' enough of the cock hey'
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement