Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most f**ked up nightmare you've ever had.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

I ate me own sh1t, then vomited up me own intestines and while I was lying on the ground dying I was getting laughed at by oompah lumpah's

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

A year or so ago, i decided to quit smoking with the aid of Champix iand it resulted in amongst other things, THE most vivid nightmare ever...I can still see the Qantas plane glide over the roof of my house before crash landing in the green area opposite, the smell of the fuel, the screams of people, i can even describe one of the air hostess' and the way her body was positioned...Freaking scary ****!!! For about a week after i could still smell fuel, has totally turned me off air travel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Dreamt my cock was melting.

I'm still in therapy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

My favuorite is the recurring one where i think i've been stabbed in one of my eyes with an elongated needle, and that it's lodged in my brain.

First time it freaked me out. Now, it's just 'Oh i had that dream again'.

There was also the one where somebody stuck me with a blood-filled needle and i woke up wondering if it was real, and i'd been infected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Unreal thread so far!
    Spacedog wrote: »
    I once dreamt I was on Star Trek Deep Space 9.

I was on the runabout shuttle with captain sisko, major kira, chief o'brien, odo and dr. bashir, looking at them from a first person perspective. yes it was cramped.

Dr. bashir announced that for our away mission, on the planet below, the hostile aliens would not react well to the presence of humanoids, therefore he would have to surgically alter everyones appearances (one of those episodes) to match that of the aliens.

then after some time passed quickly, the runabout was full of the characters in alien form... bigbird from seseme st.! but not all yellow, sisko was a black bigbird, kira was a red bigbird, o'brien was green, odo was brown, I looked at my wing which was yellow.

then one by one, we all took turns on the small transporter pad, to beem down to what I can only presume to be... the planet of the bigbirds! I was the last on the transporter pad, I woke up half through the transport cycle thinking WTF?!?!?

That is just... amazing! :P

When I was around 7 - 8 I used to have a dream where I was in Malahide Castle playground (or was it Donabate?!) and I'd be fighting green glowing ghosts and dinosaurs, it used to terrify the hell out of me. It always ended the same way, a kid that I hated but used to hang around with my friends would come and save me driving the DeLorean from Back to the Future!

EPIC!

And last week I had a really, really scary nightmare. I was in Call of Duty Black Ops but it was like real. Freaked me out, have to stop playing that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I had a dream the other night where David Attenborough was studying me and my family. I was hiding behind my couch, trying to set up an ambush because the Nazis were trying to invade my house, and a few feet away Attenborough was whispering to a camera. The last bit was me trying to get my sons down behind the couch to take cover as a Panzer came down the hall.

I wasn't drunk or high, I swear.

That's gotta be 1 big fúcking hall.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

MonicaBing wrote: »
    A year or so ago, i decided to quit smoking with the aid of Champix iand it resulted in amongst other things, THE most vivid nightmare ever...I can still see the Qantas plane glide over the roof of my house before crash landing in the green area opposite, the smell of the fuel, the screams of people, i can even describe one of the air hostess' and the way her body was positioned...Freaking scary ****!!! For about a week after i could still smell fuel, has totally turned me off air travel!!

I bet you didn't light up then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Everytime I wake up from such a dream, I'm like that would make such an amazing movie!!

Great product placement for Ford ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

I can never remember my nightmares.

I've often woken myself up (and others) by laughing in a dream at something that would not be even remotly funny in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

The last one I remember having was really fcuked up.
    Earlier that evening my BF had been playing this creepy organ sounding music so it was in my head. I ended up having a weird nightmare that there were these people outside the house chanting in order to call on a demon of some kind. Then the music would play and this terrifying motherfcuker would appear and start killing everyone off gradually. I kept trying to stop them chanting, but they were like some kind of cult who had been brainwashed.

Woke up feeling like I'd been running for my life the whole night.
    That music freaks the hell out of me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

bronte wrote: »
    That music freaks the hell out of me now.
    same with me for funk. scary shit................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

That's gotta be 1 big fúcking hall.

No, the panzer was scaled down. The really weird thing was my two sons wouldn't take cover. They just kept playing Runescape. On the telly! With a whole division of Nazis coming down the hall.

Take cover, you two ****ing eejits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I had a dream once where i was shaving, but I was forcing the razor into my skin, causing blood to drip down my face. I felt really distressed, but I couldn't stop myself from shaving.

It's been five years, and I haven't shaved since...

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

I had a nightmare once where I had to listen to other people talking about their dreams for eternity. I went peacefully insane. Dribble still flows from the corner of my mouth if I forget to close it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Bad one last night woke up screaming that i was a mod on boards :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Normally have dreams/nightmares when I am being chased by something.

Most common, is the Predator, I have dreams where I am in a hotel or my house and there are numerous predators after me, and I do think in the films they f**king kill people no problem, what chance do I have. It normally just ends up me running away or hiding and seeing them cloaked outside and me trying to explain to people that I am being hunted.

I wouldn't mind but even as a kid I loved the films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

bigbadbear wrote: »
    Oh actually. The most fúcked up thing i ever dreamed was that I was in my bed and a guy was after breaking into my bedroom and was standing above me in the dark ready to smash my skull in. Can you imagine how fast my heart was thumping when I woke up and was in the exact same place as the dream was set. It took me literally 5 minutes of lying still with my heart racing to realise it was a dream and my location was all just a big coincidence.

:eek:
    I had that dream once!
    Well, in my one it was the Grim Reaper, and when I woke up, I was sure he was behind me, and if I moved at all, he'd cut my head off. Didn't move for about an hour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have lots of dreams about evil things I can't kill no matter how hard I try.

Like last night I smashed in a newborns head with a tire iron. It would not die. Thats got to say I'm pretty ****ed up in the head doesn't it? :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

When I had the flu as a 6 year old I was being chased by Thomas the Tank Engine, who was intent on killing me.

Woke up in absolute terror and grabbed my torch to make things les dark and scary... it was a Thomas torch so his face was on my wall, 8 feet high. I must have cried for an hour.

This was the best thing I've read all day!! :D

• Advertisement

I had a nightmare once about getting locked into a theatre and I have to walk around it whilst it’s empty to find my way out. I get to the stage and there’s a really, REEEally tall man slouching on the floor with his legs taking up the whole room. This man is awake but looks like he’s just taken some heroin, has nothing on but a giant nappy and he’s completely bald. Like has no hair anywhere! Suddenly the stage curtain (big dark red satin – remember this so well as it was reoccurring) starts moving and it brushes over his hairless, spindly leg and something starts to come out of it. Millions of little baby heads on metal legs come scuttling out from under the curtain running all over this fella after me!!! Looked like these guys from Toy Story - https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/238742/139854.jpg some started jumping up and down on his belly like a bouncing castle and your man just lay there as if nothing was happening!!! AAAAH!

Seriously had this about 20 times as a kid. I believe this is why I’m only attracted to really hairy, bearded fellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I had a nightmare that one of the Transformers cornered me and was holding a HUGE hammer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

I've had a few where all my teeth fall out but I hear that's quite common.

Whenever I think of the sheep jumping over a fence thing, the sheep don't make it over. They're almost there but then they fall and snot themselves on the fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

lol, its weird that you posted this. I had a dream last night where I won €9,000 in a bet. I remember being at a place and for some reason a prime Muhammad Ali was fighting an amateur.

Ali lost! I got €200 from a small bit put down and I placed the €200 on a larger bet, can't remember what I bet it on or if I did. I came out with €9,000 though :D
    Most f**ked up nightmare you've ever had.

I say for most messed up nightmare was when I was at sea at a port up by Belfast, learning stuff with my centre. We slept below deck for the entire trip but on the first night out at sea I had a nightmare where I got stuck in a corner in a different lower deck, a much bigger one. A huge heap of coins started to fall on me and I woke up then screaming :D

Another person in a bed whacked his head off the ceiling lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I'm paralysed & can't help

thats a normal feeling - i have been there. there is a nmae for it, I just dont know what it is. Its a defence system your boby uses to prevent you harming yourself while dreaming.

I have a recurring theme in my nightmares, in so far as they involve ghosts. Now I am convinced that I am actually seeing ghosts at this stage, once a old lady with sholder length silver hair and after that a young boy. In both cases they are standing at the end of the bed and reaching out to me.
    I feel certain I am awake but paralysed in the bed and can move.

scares the funk out of me.

kerryman12 wrote: »
    thats a normal feeling - i have been there. there is a nmae for it, I just dont know what it is. Its a defence system your boby uses to prevent you harming yourself while dreaming.

I have a recurring theme in my nightmares, in so far as they involve ghosts. Now I am convinced that I am actually seeing ghosts at this stage, once a old lady with sholder length silver hair and after that a young boy. In both cases they are standing at the end of the bed and reaching out to me.
    I feel certain I am awake but paralysed in the bed and can move.

scares the funk out of me.

Sleep paralysis? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I've lurked about the paranormal forum before and there are some freaky stories there about experiences with sleep paralysis and ghosts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

not sure I want to go there to be honest :eek: - seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I once had a dream that I was swallowing my tongue and choking. I woke up and I was fine, but then everytime I closed my eyes to sleep the same sensation of me swallowing my tongue would come over me and I would have to sit up. Lasted for a couple of nights too. I thought I was never going to be able to fall asleep again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I have this recurring nightmare where I'm trapped in this dark warehouse-like world, a corridor filled with doors trailing off to infinity. As I walk down the corridor trying to find a way out, the doors are either locked, open onto drops into wells of water or there's a faceless monster behind the door.

I only got to the end of the corridor once. It opened out onto a ritual room where I watched hooded figures lie around an altar upon which a clone of myself lay. I'd been shaved bald and given a labotamy and had this weird smile on my face.

The faceless figures in hoods all looked at me as I approached the altar but before I could figure out what to do, they all exploded with the room in a cloud of black smoke and I woke up.

Strange dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I have this wierd dream where I'm standing alone on a vast plain and I look directly south and take a deep breath and blow, then I'm following the blown wind getting faster and faster until the wind is tearing streaks of red into the earth leaving bloodied trenches which are being filled up with cops, soldiers and security guards by priests and tramps and there's a feeling of wellbeing again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I was piloting a shuttle into space. For some reason I had computer chips on board with the souls of some of my favourite musicians. There was David Gilmour from Pink Floyd, Neil Young and some other musicians.

It was going great until the effects of space had a terrible effect on the chip containing David Gilmours soul. The chip was now in an android which went on a murderous rampage and started killing all the crew and the other musicians, whose chips were now also in androids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I was piloting a shuttle into space. For some reason I had computer chips on board with the souls of some of my favourite musicians. There was David Gilmour from Pink Floyd, Neil Young and some other musicians.

It was going great until the effects of space had a terrible effect on the chip containing David Gilmours soul. The chip was now in an android which went on a murderous rampage and started killing all the crew and the other musicians, whose chips were now also in androids.
    That's a well known phenominennomnom, if you put your head on a bar with a speaker either side of you and you stare at a glass of JD, play the Dark Side of the Moon on full volume, it is said, you will actually see that played out.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I've had dreams like this one. The baby crying in them was the loudest thing I have ever heard, and when I woke I could still hear it:(Also had dreams before that I was locked in a coffin full of rats, and could see them eating me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ive had plenty of armageddon nightmares, the norm is the world bursting into flames or an invasion of angles from spaceships (i know weird)

Ive been that scared in some dreams that i have told myself to wake up as it is too scary and i did wake up.

Ive died in many dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Way way too many end of the world apocalyptic type dreams. They range from volcanoes to zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

My xbox kinetic suck me into a tron like world this week, the night after I set it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

I had a dream I was looking in a mirror and all the skin was coming off my face when I touched it with my hands, and all my veins were up on my skin, like on my legs and stuff like blue thick gnarly veins like a dead person and i could see my feet turning black, I could actually feel pain in my sleep somehow, and then i peeled off the skin off my eyeballs and the pupil went with it so i had white eyes which bled all over my skinless face while i held the flappy bit of skin with the pupil on it...
    I woke up screaming and lucid, thinking I was blind and that my legs would no longer work cos of the fecked up veins... :o
    it was horrible!!

On the good side of fecked up dreams i also dreamt a mexican in swim shorts was hosing water in through my windows before he turned into a giraffe from the cast of the Lion King musical... it made sense when it happened haha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I am petrified of dogs, like absolutely petrified by them. I cross the road to avoid them and I try to convince my friends who have dogs to come to my house so I don't have to go to theirs and be near their dogs.

I have a recurring nightmare when I'm under serious stress that 5 greyhound-huskie dogs (so massive with faces like wolves) are in my garden and I go out to get the post and they come into my house. They back me into a corner of my hallway and basically take me hostage and bark and snarl at me before jumping on me, at which point I usually wake up, crying and swearing and checking outside my window to make sure there are no dogs there.

I was never attacked by a dog or anything, so I've no idea where the fear and nightmares come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭BeautifulLoser

I sometimes have this terrible nightmare where Fianna Fail have been in government for well over a decade, I'm in negative equity, the banks give away tens of billions of euros and I have to help pay off their debt.

You can imagine the relief when I wake up and realise it was all a...wait..a..minute...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

I had a dream where I walked in on someone who had hung themself. Holding up their legs and screaming. Horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I rarely have nightmares....but.....when I was in 2nd class we watched Darby O' Gill and The Little People, and everything went downhill from there. The banshee scared the sheeet out of me and still freaks me out to this day. I didnt have the nightmare until last year when I had really bad flu and weird ass dreams. Anyone who knows the banshee scene in the film, you can see the Comeragh mountains from the back of my house....doesnt help....

Dreamt that I was walking home on the old Tramore road back to my house after a party and there were no cars on the road. Out of nowhere a lightning strike turns dark and blue and I hear the sounds of hooves behind me. I turn around and Im being chased by the Dullahan and the coach coming to take me. Im running and screaming for help and it gets closer and louder and just as it hits me I wake up in the bed. Im sitting there and theres three knocks on the window. Open the blinds and I hear the banshee's wail and shes coming from the Comeragh Mountains for me. I try to run out of the room but the door is locked and she makes a grab for me. Wake up in a sweat and immediatly turned on all the lights. Couldnt sleep right for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I had one a few weeks ago where there was a motorbike coming fast down a hill towards me.
    As it hit me I was woken up by myself screaming. :eek: :o

The screaming scared the crap outta me. :(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

When I was younger I had a recurring dream where I was being chased down an endless corridor by bigfoot :o

Every time "Harry and the Henderson's" came on TV a shiver used run down my spine :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I had a dream where there was a meteor was heading for earth and for some reason in the dream Anne Doyle was reading out the story on the news but in her calm Anne Doyle fashion. I woke up just before the meteor hit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was having heart surgery performed on me by my dentist who was dancing aked to the tune of "Stuck in the Middle". Without painkillers or anaesthetic.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I remember I had a bad nightmare and then I woke up in the back yard with just my jocks on, it was sleep paralyses as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I can still remember my first nightmare. Scared the sh!t out of me...was being chased by a whale of all things on the beach. Crawled into my parents bed and didnt sleep a wink after. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My last dose of "the horrors" involved a pack of wolves roughly the size of Irish wolf hounds, chasing me down, knocking me over and ripping into my chest, and I'd imagine killing me, except I woke up once I seen the mounds of blood soaked flesh in between one of their jaws.

Gave me the heeebeee jeeebeeees.
    Haven't done the "drinking all Friday night,house party, get up Saturday, head into town, drink for the day, buy box of miller and head home, drank half those and headed out Saturday night, went back to another house party, got loaded, woke up Sunday, finished off the Millers, and got a seat into town and drank for the day again" type weekends since.

Wasn't right again till Wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Was about Michael O'Leary ... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It took me an age to cop there was a Link in that post!:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement