Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aspect ratio keeps changing on Panasonic Viera 32inch LCD TV

• 17-12-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have a Panasonic Viera 32inch LCD TV. When set on auto, the aspect ratio usually changed when the channel was changed on the Sky+ box. However lately the aspect ratio keeps changing even when I stay on the same channel.
    Does anyone know how to solve this? The TV was bought a month ago. Also I have set the aspect to 16:9 but is still changes the aspect ratio by itself.

Thanks. :confused:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving this to from Television to the Home Entertainment (General) forum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Have you adjusted the TV settings in your Sky+ box to match?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Does it change in the middle of a programme, or just maybe during adverts. The latter may be normal, due to maybe not all ads being 16:9 and TV changing to suit the output.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭Worztron

byte wrote: »
    Does it change in the middle of a programme, or just maybe during adverts. The latter may be normal, due to maybe not all ads being 16:9 and TV changing to suit the output.

Hi byte. It changes during a program as well as adverts. Good point though.

Here are the brief messages that appear on screen each time it auto changes aspect ratio.

EC/AV1
    Wide

TV
    Auto

TV
    Wide

EC/AV1

Would it possibly be a problem with the Sky+ box and not the TV?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Could be, though it's hard to tell.

Does it do the same with a DVD player for example?

Might be far out, but have you tried a different Scart cable? AFAIK, one of the wires in a Scart cable does widescreen signalling.

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    Could be, though it's hard to tell.

Does it do the same with a DVD player for example?

Might be far out, but have you tried a different Scart cable? AFAIK, one of the wires in a Scart cable does widescreen signalling.

Hi byte. I have yet to try a DVD or another scart lead. Today I turned on the TV and the crazy aspect ratio changing started again. I decided to watch a recorded film and the auto aspect changing immediately stops. Strange.

It may have been a coincidence but I have noticed that when I selected Other Channels and then went to ITV4, the crazy aspect changing stopped.

The other night I looseded a scart lead on back of the dvd revorder (it is connected to TV along with Sky+ box). The aspect changing stopped immediately.

Advertisement