Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trailer Park Boys - Olympia Theatre - 3rd and 6th March 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

steve_r wrote: »
    can't wait for this....

anyone know anything about what time the show starts? I knwo it says doors at 19:30 but I can't see anything about a support act or show starting..

It says doors at 19:15 and show starts at 20:00 on my ticket as far as I know. I'd doubt they have a support act or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Cannot wait for this,hopefully the boys will come out on the lash when the show is over!

Drunk as FACK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

rickyjb wrote: »
    It says doors at 19:15 and show starts at 20:00 on my ticket as far as I know. I'd doubt they have a support act or anything like that.

Thanks - appreciate the responses

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

GIMME A FACKIN R!

Trevor, Cory, smokes - lets go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Make like a tree and **** off

Rickyisms

Edit: what does the youtube button do on here?

It's just a pity this guy won't be there tonight... (gnome'sayin??)

Have to say I really enjoyed that last night,
    I'm still a bit shocked that they actually sold hot dogs and kept the money, how greasy is that?!!

I was also sitting right in front of the guy who fell asleep, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. He woke up and said "f**k off Julian" then took a big drink out of his glass, priceless:pac:

If that guy is on boards he must be found....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

How long was the show rickyjb?

• Advertisement

How long was the show rickyjb?

You know I'm actually not sure, it started about ten past 8 and was over at around half ten, maybe twenty to eleven I think. There was a long enough interval about two thirds of the way in, make sure you get a bathroom trip in before the start, alot of people had to run out about ten minutes before the interval (myself included).

Great night though, the welcome they got when they first came out was unreal, I've never seen anything like it at the start of a show standing ovation and everything.

I'm presume you're heading on the Sunday? If I wasn't going away for the weekend I'd actually try and get a ticket to go again, really enjoyed it.
    If for nothing else then just to see who they get to play Cyrus, that guy was a disaster, he couldn't even read ffs!

rickyjb wrote: »
    You know I'm actually not sure, it started about ten past 8 and was over at around half ten, maybe twenty to eleven I think. There was a long enough interval about two thirds of the way in, make sure you get a bathroom trip in before the start, alot of people had to run out about ten minutes before the interval (myself included).

Great night though, the welcome they got when they first came out was unreal, I've never seen anything like it at the start of a show standing ovation and everything.

I'm presume you're heading on the Sunday? If I wasn't going away for the weekend I'd actually try and get a ticket to go again, really enjoyed it.
    If for nothing else then just to see who they get to play Cyrus, that guy was a disaster, he couldn't even read ffs!

The show was excellent and I've only seen the tv show a handful of times. The crowd was rowdy and really up for it.
    I thought that kid they had on stage was going to crap himself he was so nervous. His legs were visibly shaking with nerves!

ronoc wrote: »
    The show was excellent and I've only seen the tv show a handful of times. The crowd was rowdy and really up for it.
    I thought that kid they had on stage was going to crap himself he was so nervous. His legs were visibly shaking with nerves!

Yeah I could see his leg going like mad, I couldn't figure out if he was just a really nervous type young guy or if he had a head full of hallucinogens... He didn't do himself much justice up there anyway:pac:

Yeah the crowd were definitely an eclectic bunch, I thought things were gona get messy there at one stage when people started just wandering up onto the stage; that girl kissed bubbles and that other dude who gave Ricky the joint. You could see Julian thinking "how am I gona get this guy off the stage?" but luckily he wandered off again on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Show was excellent! Wasn't expecting it to be that good. I made a video of clips of the show, obvious spoilers for anyone who wants to be surprised for the Sunday show. Great to see how happy they were with the turnout of the crowd as they said its their 1st time in Ireland and they didn't know they had any fans over here!

Was cool meeting the lads outside after the show,they were all sound and Julian even game some fella a sip of his rum! but Bubbles was by far the coolest guy,he was hanging around talking to us for at least 20 mins and even showed me and my mate an email on his phone from TV3 about why they dont want to show the boy's new series!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

When you were talking to them outside were they in character or just being themselves?

Ricky and Julian were themselves and Bubbles was too for the most part,but would do Bubbles voice every now and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone ask what their plans were for the few days off or are they doing shows elsewhere?

Ah would have loved to have met em!!!

They got back on the tour bus and were on a ferry back to England last nite according to Bubbles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

Was cool meeting the lads outside after the show,they were all sound and Julian even game some fella a sip of his rum! but Bubbles was by far the coolest guy,he was hanging around talking to us for at least 20 mins and even showed me and my mate an email on his phone from TV3 about why they dont want to show the boy's new series!

Hey

Where did you meet them & how long after show ended?! Might try to hang about on Sunday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Where do you go to meet them? Are they signing autographs or did you just happen to bump into them outside? Going Sunday would love to meet them.

Hang around the stage door on Sycamore Street just around the corner from the main entrance to The Olympia and you'll catch them,we were waiting about 30 mins for them to come out,was around 20 other people waiting too,they all signed autographs and stuff and we got our pictures taken with all 3 of them aswell!

Hang around the stage door on Sycamore Street just around the corner from the main entrance to The Olympia and you'll catch them,we were waiting about 30 mins for them to come out,was around 20 other people waiting too,they all signed autographs and stuff and we got our pictures taken with all 3 of them aswell!

Cool thanks

Any merch available? T shirts? programs?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

showed me and my mate an email on his phone from TV3 about why they dont want to show the boy's new series!

What was their reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have seen everything these guys put out. Gutted I missed it. The youtube clips look like it was fun............

F**k off, I got work to do!

So anyone go to the Sunday show? Any funny stories or a crazy Cyrus?

Any merch available? T shirts? programs?

I was mad to get a tshirt but the good ones were 50 quid, then there were ones for 35 and 25. You'd buy better ones off the internet. A guy in front of me had a class Green Bastard shirt

• Advertisement

Advertisement