Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping habbits

Options
  • 17-12-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

We have 9 month old baby boy, recently joined with me along with her mother from a tropical country. Until now his grand parents and mom have taken care very well. Baby is active here, occasional cold and little digestive incomfort, which is fine not worry much said by our local gp.

Question now is sleeping habits, he used to sleep in hammock or mom or grand parents bed. Coming from tropical country hammock is very normal there. Now he sleeps with her mom on bed. But he might fall down (which he did almost) she is not getting enough sleep. I am not sure about buying hammock here, because he is growing I was thinking is it good idea. Swinging cot again we have fear falling down or Bed Cot?

Any opinions on this should I get Hammock or Cot bed gradually make habit?

Also any tips on calming down on travel on back car seat, even infant car seat is also new to him?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

A cot would definately be the safest option. However if the little baby would rather sleep in the bed with his mother you can get a bed rail like this:

http://www.lindam.com/range/toddler-safety/bed-rails.html

You could also put the bed against the wall and have the baby sleep next to the wall?

The baby will just have to get used to a car seat. If you are going to travel by car anywhere with the baby, its the law that they are in a car seat. Its also the safest way for the baby to travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Someone should sit in the back with the baby if there are two people travelling in the car. We had to do it with my first daughter until she went forward facing.

Advertisement