Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB top up

Options
  • 17-12-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Where can you top up an ESB prepaid card. My friend is snowed in and cant get out. Payzone points in Tesco or post office, or does it have to be ESB shops?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

If they are the €5 meter cards then you as far as i know will need his ESB card to purchase them, also only a very small select few shops do them your friend should know where he usually gets them! i think there are only about 2 or 3 shops that sell them left in cork, i'm assuming you are in mayo?

if all you need is a payzone then you are looking at centra or places like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Snaps,

Sorry to hear of your friend's unfortunate snow-in.

Click here to locate your nearest paypoint outlet, or here to locate your nearest payzone outlet. As Kimono Girl pointed out, your friend will know the location where he/she usually purchases the required top-ups.

You would also need your friend to establish which type of card he/she has (it could either be an easypay card or a powerpay card). The latter is specifically for token meters (or budget control/prepay meters, as they're often referred to), while the former is available to any ESB customer.

I hope this information helps; please call our customer service helpline on 1850 372 372 if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement