Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Strategy HELP!

• 17-12-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I got GT5 recently. Loving it. I'm new to the whole GT series, used to playing more arcadey racing games like Burnout, but I'm totally hooked to GT5.

My problem is I'm having trouble choosing cars for specific races. For example, I bought a Civic and used it for loads of races in the Beginner Class races, then I got an BMW M3 and used it for races in the Amateur class. But there are some races I just cant find cars for, eg. In the Beginner Class there is a Classic Japanese cars race. It has to be a Japanese Car from between 1960 and 1979. I cant find any cars in either the Dealership or Used Cars section to fit this.

The same is happening to me with European Classic cars races, Pickup truck races.... and others. I did find 3 or 4 classic american cars that I used for a couple of races but when i used it for the Muscle Car races I got my ass handed to me.

So I need help on two fronts. One am i missing something when it comes to getting specific cars for races? And 2, if i have a car that fits the criteria but it majorly under powered can I get it faster, but like 50 to 100 BHP?

I'm currently only level 12 and was hoping to get all Gold in each class before moving up. Maybe thats not possible and certain cars only become available later in the game.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Nedd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Gsxr600

Well keep on looking in the used car lot for the car U want.
    Every track that is loaded (with or w/o racing it) makes 6 "new" cars to appear in the used car lot.
    Taking Ur car to gt auto (oil change) and tuning shop will give You anything from few to few hundred bhp more ( depending on the car).
    If You are in trouble look up gtplanet as they are great for any info U may need.

Good luck
    Gsxr600

Psn id: maksiu3f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

you should hang onto all the cars you win because they can be used for some of those awkward events. theres even a truck for winning one of the easier races and its good enough to win the truck race standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Thanks for you advice guys. I will change the oil on all my cars this evening. I have been hanging onto all my cars so far but i will keep checking the Used Cars more often as well.

I'm totally addicted to GT now. As I said I never really got into it before because it wasn't what i considered a "Racing Game" (ie. too difficult to control, too much emphasis on racing line). But now that have played it a bit I totally understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Have you completed many of the "Special" events, i.e. the Top Gear Challenge, Rally, AMG, NASCAR, Grand Tour challenges?
    As you complete those, you are awarded cars (which you might be able to use in some of the specific races that you have mentioned) and your level increases also. And of course you get money, which you can use to tune your cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Power only affects acceleration. Weight (mass) affects acceleration, cornering and braking. What am I getting at is focus on getting weight down, and drive smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Gsxr600

Here is the list of cars / events that U will find very useful.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtHr896UCIwRdDlqNXhvbXhVY0lOUUkzWG9ncDdWM2c&hl=en#gid=0

Good luck

Advertisement