Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl TV and PC Display (sorry for large images)

• 17-12-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I bought the lidl 22” tv yesterday with the view to using it as a combined PC monitor and freesat/DTT display. I rather naively assumed it would accept the VGA input from my PC and display 1920X1080 for my computer.

Using the dell software with my dell 22” monitor the PC automatically sets at 32Bit 1680X1050 60Hz. See photo.

139817.JPG

When i connect the VGA output of the PC to the lidl TV the software automatically sets the resolution at 32Bit 1400X1050 60Hz. See Photo.

139818.JPG

It will accept and adjust to 1920X1080 but the text is not sharp and not centered within the display and horizontal adjustment will not center it.

Considering the menu options throught the lidl TV. See photo.

139819.JPG

My question is, How can i get true 1920X1080 output from my PC to my TV. Will i need adapters?, new graphics card?, VGA to HDMI converter?

Basically what are my option or should i just revert to my Dell monitor for PC display. A quick read of an article here, http://www.ramelectronics.net/howto-pc-tv.ep , leads me to believe i will need a converter. Has anyone here done this for PC output?

Thanks in advance for helpful replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

what spec is the computer? is there a model number for thetv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to check the documentation which came with the TV, it should list the screen resolutions supported, then pick one that you're offered on the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Set it up thru 720p mode,1024x 768 resolution .Read the tv manual, pc input,settings, vga in , most hdtv s are designed to take 4 maybe 5 pc input resolution s at 60mhz refresh rate.try dvd resolution 720x576 ,try switching from 32bit to 16bit colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

SOME TVS HAVE VERY LIMITED resolution support, avaidable for pc vga input, its possible to buy a pc grahics card with vga and hdmi out, but you need to be careful ,what pc resolution you use thru vga in,or hdmi, in , too high and you can damage the tv tube .SEE tv manual,pc input,resolution, and refresh rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Ive the same tv and just got my cables sorted today. I just connected it to the pc via a vga connector and there was a 4:3 or 16:9 option on the tv, the 16:9 option worked grand.

If you want screen shots of the display set up on my pc just say so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement