Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Santa grotto in Waterford that doesnt cost a fortune?

• 17-12-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how much they are charging this year and where? I thought Suir Valley Railway would be an idea but having looked at their website its nearly 60 euro for us to bring the 3 children which is way over our budget for a trip to Santa

What are the shopping centres charging anyone know? I remember last year Tesco Ardkeen had a free Santa Christmas week that you could drop the kids into and they left them colour in and played games with them and you could do your shopping (age permitting) and come back and collect them. Was in Tescos last night though and saw nothing about it.

Anyone know prices etc offhand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Keea

Santa upstairs in city square beside Kylemore cafe is 18 euro for 2 children (includes present and photo). I had my two kids there. It was nice. I think the deal is 24 euro for 3 children.
    We went to Kidzone out by Tesco Ardkeen last year but find it too expensive there (30 euro for 2 kids).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Sally fort farm stradbally
    Really well dressed Santa and set up including all the animals(raindeers even) for €10 incl pressie

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Santa in the Waterford Shopping Centre at €12.50 with a large photo and a present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is a very nice, free Santa upstairs in Debenhams, sits in a big throne chair and talks to anyone who happens past. I have seen people getting their children photographed with him. No gifts, but I think a bit of creativity would get round that with smaller children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I was in Tescos today in ARdkeen doing my shopping..brought them into the Santa there..free photo and a goody bag and Santa chatted to them for ages in his grotto..you have to show on your receipt that you've spent over 50 euro in store which most people will do on the run up to Christmas:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Santa's grotto in garter lane is brill, they have a 'magical wonderland' set up down there, wel worth seeing. e12.50 if you book online, which includes a present, and you can take all the pics you want with your own camera:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I was in Tescos today in ARdkeen doing my shopping..brought them into the Santa there..free photo and a goody bag and Santa chatted to them for ages in his grotto..you have to show on your receipt that you've spent over 50 euro in store which most people will do on the run up to Christmas:)

I took 2 of the children I mind to Santa in Tesco this afternoon, I didn't realise he was there but just popped in to get something and one of them spotted the grotto.

Santa and his assistant were lovely, took their time and didn't rush. Turns out Santa recognised one of the boys from doing deliveries and was able to say where he lived and the colour of his front door etc. The goodie bag was a big hit and they had a photo to take home.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

sarah88 wrote: »
    Santa's grotto in garter lane is brill, they have a 'magical wonderland' set up down there, wel worth seeing. e12.50 if you book online, which includes a present, and you can take all the pics you want with your own camera:)

Myself and a friend took our kids to garter lane during the week and to say they were disappointed is an understatement, nothing magical about what we saw.... we at least expected a bit of fake snow..... all we saw was a door saying reindeer stables and a hay bale outside it, a train set behind a window, and four doors which the kids were told to knock at to wake the elfs.... they knocked for ages between them and not a elf in sight!! Santa himself was lovely and had a great chat with the kids but at that price a picture should have been included, and the present the kids got were shocking to say the least..... a 10 year and an 18 month getting the same present of a colouring page and markers...... a total rip off if you ask me, will not be visiting next year!

Advertisement