Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRG Gym Bohermore

Options
  • 17-12-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,251 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm recently moved to Galway and I'm looking around for a swimming pool in my area. I work in the Mervue Industrial Estate and am moving into Gleann Na Tra behind Dunnes down the Sean Mulvoy Rd. the closest pool I could find was the NRG in Cuirt Na Seoige. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me about costs but I'm wondering if anyone else on here goes there. I'm looking to use the swimming pool only. What's the pool like? I presume the sauna is included in the membership as well. Any ideas of costs for a pool only membership? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

don't know about now but previously if you wanted to just join the pool/sauna, etc you had to take up membership for the whole gym. hopefully they have copped on by now and will be more flexible to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,251 ✭✭✭squonk

Thanks Dolphin, Janey I hope that's still not the case. Their website is fairly short on information short of saying they'll give you a tour of the place and 'explain' your membership options to you. In my book if you have to explain something there's usually a catch! I rang them this morning and I'm still waiting for a callback.

Well, in the interests of fairness I decided to post that they got back to me. Seems they're still charging for the entire package Gym+Pool but the girl I spoke to said that she would do a deal to give me pool only at the off peak price and then a further 20% discount on that price up until Thursday which bring it in at €355 which is pretty good for what I want I think. I'll pop in early in the week for a swim and, unless the place is awful altogether, I'll join. Might be worth ringing them if anyone else wants pool access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

is that price for the whole year?

Yeah Dolphin, it is I believe. I just need to clarify that exactely but as far as I was concerned at the time we were talking about 12 months. I'll post again next week with exact details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement