Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I had to show you this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Savage kick! Shame he didn't knock him out with it. I think Pettis will be an exciting matchup for the Maynard/Edgar winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

It was a great end to a great fight and a what a way for the WEC to go out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lakes1985

wow!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I am actually quite sad now that the WEC is over, they put on the shows that the UFC couldn't and they did it for free as well, people will say to cheer up because you will see these guys in the UFC now, well technically they would be right but now I will probably only see half of them fighting in the UFC and now I will have to see them at a price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

But sure you could still stream/download it just like you did with WEC? It'll be interesting to see where all the talent that will be cut loose will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Jayo_M wrote: »
    But sure you could still stream/download it just like you did with WEC? It'll be interesting to see where all the talent that will be cut loose will go.

Most of them will be on the prelims which will be pretty hard to find. And the WEC shows were always far better quality of fights than the UFC, I'd much prefer if they hadn't merged, apart from the fact the fighters now get more money, Henderson and Pettis put on more of a show than any fight off the last UFC event and only got $10,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Most of them will be on the prelims which will be pretty hard to find. And the WEC shows were always far better quality of fights than the UFC, I'd much prefer if they hadn't merged, apart from the fact the fighters now get more money, Henderson and Pettis put on more of a show than any fight off the last UFC event and only got $10,000.

The prelims are all available on UFC.com, if anything it'll be easier to find them now.
    As for the cost, the price is set before hand and its not to do with ability like in other sports (or entertainment), its about draw

Mellor wrote: »
    The prelims are all available on UFC.com, if anything it'll be easier to find them now.
    Are they free?
    As for the cost, the price is set before hand and its not to do with ability like in other sports (or entertainment), its about draw
    I know, I was expressing that one of the only things I like about the merger was that if they pull out a bonus win/FoTN. They'll be getting much more like they deserve..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The links of aldo, will be getting more than many other UFC fighters as he'll become a huge draw.

The prelim are free online, its been like that for ages now.
    I watch them on the TV, they often get air on a sports I have channel before the PPV starts, not sure if there is an irish option for this

Mellor wrote: »
    The prelim are free online, its been like that for ages now.

Cheers, never knew that!

• Advertisement

I just can't wait to play the next UFC game where I can make Lesnar use that kick.

I just can't wait to play the next UFC game where I can make Lesnar use that kick.
    Did you know he can use the rubberguard too?

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Did you know he can use the rubberguard too?

Yeah and he has to have a flying knee because he attempted one against Cain.

Advertisement