Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Base price wrote: »
    Nice breeze on the bog this afternoon. It died down at 8ish and the midges arrived in force :(

They were bad here this evening too, was branding some ewes and lambs in a sheltered spot. That was the good point about the cold/hot weather, no midges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Base price wrote: »
    Nice breeze on the bog this afternoon. It died down at 8ish and the midges arrived in force :(

Effin turf

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Unbelievable weather the past few days here in north mayo. Today was probably the warmest day with very little cloud cover :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I said wrote: »
    Effin turf

Whinger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

They were bad here this evening too, was branding some ewes and lambs in a sheltered spot. That was the good point about the cold/hot weather, no midges!

Worst place for midges is spiddal. Played league game thrte last yr on a close humid evening and some of the lads got an awful doing......
    It's raining in north Galway now.

Nice morning out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nice morning out there

Fairly cool in dublin this morning. You'd need the jumper back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Cloudy in East Wicklow and breezy but starting to get heavy,might be some imported thunder from Wales/SW England and France visitingt anywhere from east cork up to South Dublin this evening and overnight?

Whinger

When ya have enough people like yourself who loves that fcuking about in the bog I don't mind enjoy it

Worst place for midges is spiddal. Played league game thrte last yr on a close humid evening and some of the lads got an awful doing......
    It's raining in north Galway now.

Remember waiting on a vet once upon a time for a test, could hardly see to the end of the crush with the clouds of them.

Spitting a bit here, overcast but calm and "close".

• Advertisement

Remember waiting on a vet once upon a time for a test, could hardly see to the end of the crush with the clouds of them.

Spitting a bit here, overcast but calm and "close".

Havefull feckers only on a par with crows. Doubt the shotgun would be as effective! !

Havefull feckers only on a par with crows. Doubt the shotgun would be as effective! !

I was building a wooden pen to fit around a creep feeder, keep the ewes out, one evening. Had three different anti midge repellents on, they drove me out of the place in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

Bit duller here in donegal not wuite as warm all be it a savage say for spraying just waiting on the tank to fill

When ya have enough people like yourself who loves that fcuking about in the bog I don't mind enjoy it

:D

A light dash of rain falling at the moment perfect for slurry on silage ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It was chilly at times on the bog this afternoon/evening. Overcast and cloudy all day and a spit of rain at about 6pm. Thankfully no midges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

A light dash of rain falling at the moment perfect for slurry on silage ground
    sounds like a night for the high stool:rolleyes:

High bike wrote: »
    sounds like a night for the high stool:rolleyes:

No last night

Cold and overcast in dublin city

• Advertisement

Overcast but a nice morning here, missing the sunshine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Fabulous day here and warm too

Overcast with odd break of warm sunshine. Nice breeze out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Cold dry morning. Overalls and sleeveless going for cows. Hands frozen like March really. Rain needed to take away cold wind and them let summer 15 begin. Very cold at night, shyte weather really

Sunny in East Wicklow and not a breath of wind
    Feels lovely out actually
    Yesterday was sunny most of the day from mid morning too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Cold dry morning. Overalls and sleeveless going for cows. Hands frozen like March really. Rain needed to take away cold wind and them let summer 15 begin. Very cold at night, shyte weather really

Left off the overalls a few mornings headin for cows but it was dam cold ended up with the flu the last few days cos of it id say. Got a small drop of rain here thurs nite but not enough to wet the yard. Could see grass on dry ground getting stressed and stemmy without a drop of rain alrite. Wetter ground would drive on with some proper heat alrite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

silage finished around here, spent last week covering pits with neighbours,
    as we say locally,its dead weather no rain but not blazing sunshine either, cold nights ideal pneumonia weather,
    bet some will be doing novenas for rain soon and lighting candles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

dull enough here this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

whelan2 wrote: »
    dull enough here this morning

Ditto in Leitrim.....and they are talking about rain Wednesday and Friday.....we escaped it at the weekend and had a lovely sunny day yesterday.

Sun shining here. Have to go rake some hay after a bit of topping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ditto in Leitrim.....and they are talking about rain Wednesday and Friday.....we escaped it at the weekend and had a lovely sunny day yesterday.

Quite warm though, was just getting a cow in and had to take off the hoodie!

• Advertisement

Sun shining here. Have to go rake some hay after a bit of topping
    aye mowed my hay this morning,it's a beautiful breezy day on it,hope it doesn't rain between now and Saturday ,it might :eek:

aye mowed my hay this morning,it's a beautiful breezy day on it,hope it doesn't rain between now and Saturday ,it might :eek:

All done now. Baler rolled in about a half hour after me so it can rain all it likes now

spitting rain now

spitting rain now

Did that earlier here. A Thing of nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

lovely day here but spat a bit of rain tonight for an hour or 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Lovely day here, got quite overcast this evening, no rain though, could do with a bit to keep the dust down.:D

All done now. Baler rolled in about a half hour after me so it can rain all it likes now
    Hope to bale here Thursday or Friday with the small square baler weather permitting? It's only strong toppings so hoping it will make quick enough
    Breeze died down yesterday but sunny all day and felt warm by evening cloudy but dry this morning

Cloudy 16c at moment

Warmest day of the year in East Wicklow,weather station temp peaked at 24.2c and is sitting at 24 now
    The sun would set fire to your neck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Overcast here all day.
    Light drizzle on occasion but not what would keep dust down.

Highest temp was 16c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

A good for nothing day here no sun, threat of drizzle and clammy. Not a hay day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

_Brian wrote: »
    Overcast here all day.
    Light drizzle on occasion but not what would keep dust down.

Highest temp was 16c

Same as that here, and I have a heap of grass on the ground since yesterday, never saw this coming

just started drizzling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

cloudy with a chance of meat balls here

Sunny and windy in East Wicklow
    Warm

fair bit of rain after falling, alot of hay down around here and lads drawing in silage:mad: we got fertiliser out yesterday:)

fair bit of rain after falling, alot of hay down around here and lads drawing in silage:mad: we got fertiliser out yesterday:)

Looks like a few lads left it too late

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Gorgeous day in wexford

Yikes hope that doesn't come here :eek:
    It probably will :(

Currently clouding over but very muggy and 19.9c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Hopefully get some down our way, need a good evenings rain, to get things going. But no sign of it yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement