Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just arrived in NAC Dublin and weather is crackin, sunny and warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »

Yearly bath? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    lovely here too, morning of football training and swimming here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Breezy and cloudy here atm

Get them baling asap

Get them baling asap

Was overruled. FIL want to wait till Monday Tuesday now :rolleyes: #feckingauldfellas

Yearly bath? :P

Ha !!
    Naw, eldest is in competition Wednesday to Sunday so were here every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Absolutely atrocious wet here . I put 15 weanlings into the shed here and opened a bale , they are happy as could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Wet n wild here

Bullocks wrote: »
    Absolutely atrocious wet here . I put 15 weanlings into the shed here and opened a bale , they are happy as could be

Not a drop here. FIL is going all in for hay I think :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Back in Cavan now, plenty if rain falling. Breezy and mild.

met a lad drawing in silage in the lashings of rain there half an hour ago

whelan2 wrote: »
    met a lad drawing in silage in the lashings of rain there half an hour ago

Just tedded the field there now. Could be hay by Tuesday as it's half way there already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Just tedded the field there now. Could be hay by Tuesday as it's half way there already

Are u in a different country or what Reggie.
    Jeez rain here last few days is unreal with more given for tonight.
    Only hay here is last years being fed to weaned ewes

sea12 wrote: »
    Are u in a different country or what Reggie.
    Jeez rain here last few days is unreal with more given for tonight.
    Only hay here is last years being fed to weaned ewes

We have 26 acres of hay done already and another 10 down now and we might do the 26 again later in the year as all that hay is sold

We have 26 acres of hay done already and another 10 down now and we might do the 26 again later in the year as all that hay is sold

Whole country will get a drop later.

• Advertisement

Whole country will get a drop later.

That rain tonight won't do it any harm. According to yr.no we have till Thursday evening. High winds forcasted for the next 5 days here so any rain that falls won't have much effect. All the hay ground is on south facing hill slopes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Worst day here in a good long time a power of rain has fallen since this morning! The granny and mother were down in sligo town and said it was a grand morning down there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Go big or go home

ganmo wrote: »
    Go big or go home

That's the style ganmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

lashing here. lad drawing silage beside me all day. wagon just followed the mower around. won't be great but sure it's, in now someone will ate it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Glorious last 3 hrs here, pissing down. 3-4 days would be great. Fert delivered to be spread Monday am

Fairly nippy out there this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Horses rain from 10 till 2 last night
    Milking in t shirt atm. Have alot of grass to knock if I could get 2 dry days together and a wedding Friday and sat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Horses rain from 10 till 2 last night

Same. After very mediocre growth for most of June until last week, it's been utterly rocketing it since, I'm skipping paddocks left right and centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Just totted up my rain gauge readings - 75mm of rain here in the last 19 days, things getting sticky !!!

Milton09 wrote: »
    Just totted up my rain gauge readings - 75mm of rain here in the last 19 days, things getting sticky !!!

That's incredible for such a small country. 20 mm here. Cut second cut during week dry as snuff no rain till last night. Ground like concrete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

That's incredible for such a small country. 20 mm here. Cut second cut during week dry as snuff no rain till last night. Ground like concrete

Considering housing some bullocks here. Back fencing etc for last week or ten days. Ground starting to cut up. My concern is the next round grazing. If conditions are bad we're in trouble.

Considering housing some bullocks here. Back fencing etc for last week or ten days. Ground starting to cut up. My concern is the next round grazing. If conditions are bad we're in trouble.

Looking at forecast once Mon passes things getting warmer and drier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Coop is back to last years milk lev3l this week havingbeen running 10% plus ahead all along

Looking at forecast once Mon passes things getting warmer and drier

Time for hay :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Time for hay :D

saved without rain:eek:

dzer2 wrote: »
    saved without rain:eek:

Lads what is it with ye and hay getting a little rain as it's down. What did they do years ago as they didn't have yr.no and the likes.

Love them ads saved without rain.....me arse.

Same with small squares. People have this fascination of having to bring them in straight away. When I was young we would leave them out for 2 weeks to be safe of heating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Lads what is it with ye and hay getting a little rain as it's down. What did they do years ago as they didn't have yr.no and the likes.

Same with small squares. People have this fascination of having to bring them in straight away. When I was young we would leave them out for 2 weeks to be safe of heating

Yrs ago there wasn't the same machines for drying and the amount of balers also the amount of hay that was sh1te was real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Teams of people, plus cocks of hay - if they thought rain was coming - then into cocks. Spread out the next day again, on it went...
    To be fair - when the cocks were made right, only the very outside got wet. Hay inside was grand...

Was a lad close to us saved hay like this when I was small, and never faile to get it.
    He was against mechanical turners too - as it broke the grass, so the cocks weren't as good then...

Teams of people, plus cocks of hay - if they thought rain was coming - then into cocks. Spread out the next day again, on it went...
    To be fair - when the cocks were made right, only the very outside got wet. Hay inside was grand...

Was a lad close to us saved hay like this when I was small, and never faile to get it.
    He was against mechanical turners too - as it broke the grass, so the cocks weren't as good then...

Hay can still be made with the right planning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Why lads bother with hay is beyond me. See fields around locally not grazed all yr left for hay. Pure dirt is all that would be. It's basicly dead. And it'll be turned to death then fir a solid week.
    If we ever made hay here we'd make it inn3/4 days and it would be nice stuff.
    If you search definitely of hay in Google it will say GRASS that has been cut and dried not grass that has been let shoot to out and not a bit of leaf left in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Why lads bother with hay is beyond me. See fields around locally not grazed all yr left for hay. Pure dirt is all that would be. It's basicly dead. And it'll be turned to death then fir a solid week.
    If you search definitely of hay in Google it will say GRASS that has been cut and dried not grass that has been let shoot to out and not a bit of leaf left in it

I suppose like everything - some lads make good enough hay, some lads leave the grass go too old. You could say the same about some lads with silage...

A lot less N

We sell hay to stud farms......supply and demand isn't that what you do with your milk? Horses need hay.

Interesting enough all the auld lads (70 years+) around here won't attempt hay till July as in until the grass dies off. Years ago it wouldn't be touched till this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Still cloudy here but lookin a bit better. Was rain all day yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We had 10 minutes of heavy rain here yesterday evening and about an hour before and after of heavy mist. Ground rock solid atm, even the heavy fields could do with a sup.

Yet 10 miles north and south of me, friends were saying it was lashing and they had brought cattle in.

I put off spreading last week seeing the forecast but going all out this week and blanket spread half the place this week and the rest next week.

We had 10 minutes of heavy rain here yesterday evening and about an hour before and after of heavy mist. Ground rock solid atm, even the heavy fields could do with a sup.

Yet 10 miles north and south of me, friends were saying it was lashing and they had brought cattle in.

I put off spreading last week seeing the forecast but going all out this week and blanket spread half the place this week and the rest next week.

I'm spreading whole farm, would you not consider it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'm spreading whole farm, would you not consider it?
    I was thinking of it but cash flow is a bit strangled with being locked up and i might run out of things to do next week!:pac:

I used blanket spread but feel i got a poor response due to older grasses. Definately better response on younger swards but my youngest sward is 5 years old now:o

I was thinking of it but cash flow is a bit strangled with being locked up and i might run out of things to do next week!:pac:

I used blanket spread but feel i got a poor response due to older grasses. Definately better response on younger swards but my youngest sward is 5 years old now:o

Always blanket till this yr. went weekly for early part. Back to blanket grows more grass I think. Some don't agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

keep going wrote: »
    Coop is back to last years milk lev3l this week havingbeen running 10% plus ahead all along

Cows took a big dip here in the last 3 or 4 collections after a very strong June

• Advertisement

Pi55ing from the heavens here again

Pi55ing from the heavens here again

Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day

Grand morning here. Sun is out aswell

overcast here

Someone up there is fond of you and your hay

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.