Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Someone up there is fond of you and your hay

Ah we get a light shower the odd time but not enough to cause any harm. Sure if the hay doesn't come we ll get haylage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

raining

whelan2 wrote: »
    raining

Keep it

Reggie. wrote: »
    Keep it
    was going to do a knapsack of weeds so now i will have to powerwash instead, every cloud has a silver lining:)

was going to do a knapsack of weeds so now i will have to powerwash instead, every cloud has a silver lining:)

You'll be dry in an hour according to the rainfall radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Decent enough day down here

Lashing rain since about 4am in south wicklow

Lashing rain since about 4am in south wicklow
    lovely sunny morning

lovely sunny morning

Yeah saw the sat pic,worth your while looking at it met.ie

Was a great evening yesterday and very sunny morning here so fsr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ABlur

Was a great evening yesterday and very sunny morning here so fsr

Reg have you a pic of the 135 and hay bob in action for us wet Clare people with no hope of making hay! Though it looks like we might get a second dry day in a row here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

Raining here all morning just beginning to ease off now. Wouldn't have minded much only rang contractor Wednesday evening to cut 5 acres of grass that got ahead of cows Thursday morning. There was no sign of this rain on the forecast then, first I heard of it was last night. God I must sound like a miserable git always giving out.:o

Still lashing in East wicklow, radar loop suggest all day
    3rd wet day since the end of may which is fair going

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Took a chance yesterday and went to the beach in Lahinch, lovely evening, fingers crossed it will be dry here for a few hours, 4 ac to wrap.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

ABlur wrote: »
    Reg have you a pic of the 135 and hay bob in action for us wet Clare people with no hope of making hay! Though it looks like we might get a second dry day in a row here.

Didn't have a chance to take a photo but here's the aftermath :)

20150724_103913.jpg
    screen capture freeware

Oh and it's 24 deg here at the min....sweltering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ABlur

Didn't have a chance to take a photo but here's the aftermath :)

20150724_103913.jpg
    screen capture freeware

Oh and it's 24 deg here at the min....sweltering

Thanks Reggie hope those knots are down and out!!

ABlur wrote: »
    Thanks Reggie hope those knots are down and out!!

Yeah all 670 of them

A c##p still raining. That's a whole wet day. I don't need anymore rain now till 1st jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

frogloch wrote: »
    Raining here all morning just beginning to ease off now. Wouldn't have minded much only rang contractor Wednesday evening to cut 5 acres of grass that got ahead of cows Thursday morning. There was no sign of this rain on the forecast then, first I heard of it was last night. God I must sound like a miserable git always giving out.:o
    I must be the only one that didn't get caught so :D
    Cut Wednesday and picked yesterday. Gordon and few other have stuff down

• Advertisement

I must be the only one that didn't get caught so :D
    Cut Wednesday and picked yesterday. Gordon and few other have stuff down

Did u not get rain Wednesday? It rained in new ross and enniscorthy, but missed us. I should have cut wed eve but then don't have own machinery. I cut yesterday morning as wasn't giving this rain forecast on met eireann or yr.no. Ah hopefully get tomorrow i'll get tj to spread out and row back in.

Did u not get rain Wednesday? It rained in new ross and enniscorthy, but missed us. I should have cut wed eve but then don't have own machinery. I cut yesterday morning as wasn't giving this rain forecast on met eireann or yr.no. Ah hopefully get tomorrow i'll get tj to spread out and row back in.

Nope v little. Sprayed off a field that day too. Was only 7 acres I wrapped. Still have 2nd cut to mow

Nope v little. Sprayed off a field that day too. Was only 7 acres I wrapped. Still have 2nd cut to mow

I know people give out about buying machinery and cost, time, diesel. But there are advantages too. You don't see many barley growers who don't own a combine.

I know people give out about buying machinery and cost, time, diesel. But there are advantages too. You don't see many barley growers who don't own a combine.

Few things like sprayer fert spreader mower stacker etc are goof to have but definitely very hard to justify having a heap of gear for your own use

Few things like sprayer fert spreader mower stacker etc are goof to have but definitely very hard to justify having a heap of gear for your own use

I wouldn't go any further than that also. But will have to look at getting a mower, then other costs would be per bale. It wouldn't matter if it was a light crop or not. Oh it's finally stopped raining.

where can i get the most accurate forecast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grange mac

where can i get the most accurate forecast?

I use yr.no and the satellite images from meteireann.ie not 100% accurate but not bad and much better than "sunshine and showers during the day" ...

have silage to mow, tomorrow looks desperate. he said he would mow today and pick up after, looking at the forecast tuesday, wednesday, thursday look ok

have silage to mow, tomorrow looks desperate. he said he would mow today and pick up after, looking at the forecast tuesday, wednesday, thursday look ok

Yeah yr is giving a few straight days of settled weather from Tues to Fri I think. Bad next 2 days and the following weekend

Yeah yr is giving a few straight days of settled weather from Tues to Fri I think. Bad next 2 days and the following weekend
    ye think i will put him off til wednesday

ye think i will put him off til wednesday

Yeah wait until next week
    Its a lovely day today but by overnight it will be lashing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

We haven't had a drop of rain since last Monday. It been beach weather almost.
    But we had rain almost every day for the 3 weeks before that while some of ye up the country were making hay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Sitting out the back of the house here having a cup of tea and all I can hear if mowers flat out first dry day in weeks not to last unfortunately 30mm promised 4 tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Over 20 mm rain forecast here last night ,barely got 5 id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Absolutely lashing it here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Miname wrote: »
    Absolutely lashing it here now.

Roughly translated Great morning, yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Has to one of the wettest summers for a while in the west,

Heavens opened around 4am, still at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

P_Cash wrote: »
    Has to one of the wettest summers for a while in the west,

Heavens opened around 4am, still at it.

Promised for the day aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭arctic8dave

Lucky if we had 5 or 6 days completely dry days in July here in mid cork.
    Sum rain & thunder/lighting here last night. Calves fcuking everywhere!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Over 20 mm rain forecast here last night ,barely got 5 id say

Something's never change, started raining here around 645 yesterday evening and kept going all night, starting clearing about an hr ago. Woke around 3/4am it was absolutely bucketing at that stage.

Still absolutely lashing in east wicklow
    Over 19mm since midnight and a howling wind off the Irish sea dragging the temp down to only 9c
    Winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

After easing a bit here now. Was Woken at 3am with it hopping off the windows, didn't get back to sleep till 6:30, back up since 8 and felling very tired now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A few light showers, about a minute long last night and ground bone dry this morning. A heavy mist for an hour and it's dry and windy now.

Feck Met Eireann, i'm going to sue their asses for not getting the rain they promised:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

A few light showers, about a minute long last night and ground bone dry this morning. A heavy mist for an hour and it's dry and windy now.

Feck Met Eireann, i'm going to sue their asses for not getting the rain they promised:mad:

Weather men woeful liars :)
    If we had heeded forecast we wouldn't have any second cut done.

Weather men woeful liars :)
    If we had heeded forecast we wouldn't have any second cut done.
    I'm starting to think I'm farming in a little drought pocket at this stage:confused:

Nice drop of rain here last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Where are you Buford?

As the lads above said, we had savage rain around 4, but a lot of rain fell all night.

Where are you Buford?

As the lads above said, we had savage rain around 4, but a lot of rain fell all night.
    North Kerry, or the Sahara as I'm starting to call it now:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

The rain woke my young lad around 4 it was hammering off the window. Still raining now not as heavy though.
    Reek Sunday has being called off due to the weather first time ever I heard of it. The diehards will sill climb it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

North Kerry, or the Sahara as I'm starting to call it now:p

Yeah - I thought so :)

Amazed that your part of the world doesn't get a good bit of rain to be honest, but there you go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Rain between showers and showers between rain sums up the weather here today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement