Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Its going to be a long winter by the looks of it folks.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Something's never change, started raining here around 645 yesterday evening and kept going all night, starting clearing about an hr ago. Woke around 3/4am it was absolutely bucketing at that stage.

Need to edit that, started to clear for an hr or two this morning, but quickly filled back in to a total sh1t day now again, v used to it at this stage.
    Schull ag show on today, total washout now, same as Skibbereen show the wk before last. Feel sorry for the organisers who put so much into these events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Need to edit that, started to clear for an hr or two this morning, but quickly filled back in to a total sh1t day now again, v used to it at this stage.
    Schull ag show on today, total washout now, same as Skibbereen show the wk before last. Feel sorry for the organisers who put so much into these events.

Yeah its bad went for the cows and its was a line of s##t along the ditch.actually fed a bale of silage to them this morning, a neighbour had bales attacked by cattle and they were mad for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Rain constant here. Great excuse to do feck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Reggie. wrote: »

Absolutely lashing down here in Laois now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

might light the fire later:eek:

whelan2 wrote: »
    might light the fire later:eek:

Oh still no need for that here. Geothermal...ya can't beat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Edit again, trying to clear now again, hope for the show committee! heading there now to support them, hope we don't regret not putting the kids in their wetsuits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Grand day here, lashing. Just need 30 mins dry at about 4 to bring cows then last again till Tues am. Be grand if it stopped then as I'm going to Grassland open day in Galway

Grand day here, lashing. Just need 30 mins dry at about 4 to bring cows then last again till Tues am. Be grand if it stopped then as I'm going to Grassland open day in Galway

You might love calender farming :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Do you turn that off during the summer or how does it work Reg?

I thought it took a few days to raise the temp, so always wondering how it worked on one-off cool days...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

its dry in between the showers here.

Do you turn that off during the summer or how does it work Reg?

I thought it took a few days to raise the temp, so always wondering how it worked on one-off cool days...
    Ya set it to whatever temp ya want as in 20 deg here. It will turn on or off to maintain thar temperature then. Heating pump came on for a half hour every day for 6 weeks from first of june till middle off July them it got a little cooler weather wise so it had to compensate. No maintaince system. Very handy. Expensive to put in at the start tho. Around 12k or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

River suck has burst its banks. I am hoping it does not turn into a major flood.

restive wrote: »
    River suck has burst its banks. I am hoping it does not turn into a major flood.

Didn't think that much rain fell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Didn't think that much rain fell

that's cause you were probable asleep :rolleyes:

that's cause you were probable asleep :rolleyes:

And your point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

T'wud blow you away in Kilkee today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Vertical or horizontal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Reggie. Can you explain this heating system. Be building here in the next couple of years and trying to decide what to go for. Don't have any research done yet !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

ABlur wrote: »
    T'wud blow you away in Kilkee today!

Be a good day for fishing in dunlickey!

Vertical or horizontal??

Horizontal

Reggie. Can you explain this heating system. Be building here in the next couple of years and trying to decide what to go for. Don't have any research done yet !

Mainly you have pipes in the ground a metre deep and a metre apart in your lawn or whatever. Requires an area roughly twice the size of your house ground plan. Brine is pumped through the pipes that are heated in the ground to whatever temp possible and then the heat pump will heat it up any more as required.

You set the temp in the house and it does the rest. Have it in the house 6 years now and no bother bar a panel that failed and replaced myself at a cost of €200. No need to service it or that was the sales pitch and we haven't serviced it yet. Main issues are the pumps but none have failed on us yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

Horizontal

Does your garden freeze over in the winter?;)

frogloch wrote: »
    Does your garden freeze over in the winter?;)

Nope :P

Nope :P

No it's just I heard of someone who had it in and in the winter they could see where the snow and frost would stay all day above where the pipes were buried. Maybe their pipes are not buried as deep as yours.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

No it's just I heard of someone who had it in and in the winter they could see where the snow and frost would stay all day above where the pipes were buried. Maybe their pipes are not buried as deep as yours.:P

Well thats a better situation than the other 95% of the country with their oil boilers 40feet from the house and a strip of six inch lush grass when all else is white with frost from pipes that have bog standard lagging 6inches below surface. And people wonder why they spend 3k to heat a 1400sq ft semi detached for the year.

Ah you can see where the grass isn't growing as well where the pipes are tho :D

Ah you can see where the grass isn't growing as well where the pipes are tho :D

Ah less grass to cut:D no it's just the pipes taking the heat out of the ground.:)

• Advertisement

Ah less grass to cut:D no it's just the pipes taking the heat out of the ground.:)

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

It's like a winters night here, pitch black at ten o'clock and steady rain since Sunday morning. Took the bin down the lane was as far as I ventured outside tonight. I'm that bored I decided to try my hand making Victoria sponge using up some duck eggs. Light and fluffy wouldn't be the adjectives I'd use to describe it. It'll be ate all the same.

It's like a winters night here, pitch black at ten o'clock and steady rain since Sunday morning. Took the bin down the lane was as far as I ventured outside tonight. I'm that bored I decided to try my hand making Victoria sponge using up some duck eggs. Light and fluffy wouldn't be the adjectives I'd use to describe it. It'll be ate all the same.
    Jaysus the bin....good man Glen.

Almost forgot about that :o

Dry morning here in dublin city

Dry morning here in dublin city
    dry here but fairly cool, wooly hat back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

dry here but fairly cool, wooly hat back on

Aye october

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Pisser of a day her with some heavy downpours oh and the heats on in the house

Good drying day here today but the hay git a good soaking yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

I know it's stating the obvious but it's starting to get a little serious at this stage for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A heavy shower of hailstones followed by thunder/lightening a few minutes ago in NCD. Otherwise it was a nice day with the odd light shower. Serious rain and wind last night, an elder tree was blown over.
    OH phoned me this morning to tell me that the asshole in the bog tried to draw more turf home last Saturday and got stuck. He got a nearby neighbour to pull him with a JD which also got stuck. They had to get the man who cuts to bring his track machine to pull both tractors out.
    My blood is boiling. The tosser fecked up the original pass last year and now has fecked up the new pass :mad::mad::mad:

having a barbecue:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Feck off :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    A heavy shower of hailstones followed by thunder/lightening a few minutes ago in NCD. Otherwise it was a nice day with the odd light shower. Serious rain and wind last night, an elder tree was blown over.
    OH phoned me this morning to tell me that the asshole in the bog tried to draw more turf home last Saturday and got stuck. He got a nearby neighbour to pull him with a JD which also got stuck. They had to get the man who cuts to bring his track machine to pull both tractors out.
    My blood is boiling. The tosser fecked up the original pass last year and now has fecked up the new pass :mad::mad::mad:

Probably that shower on the left

ganmo wrote: »
    Probably that shower on the left
    Looked a bit like that at the time :(

Don't know how you managed thst as the weather wasn't great around slane

Reckon the hail and rain dampened the occasion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Aye we had some dangerous thunder and lightning here before milking,went on for about an hour, no delay between the forks and explosions

Aye we had some dangerous thunder and lightning here before milking,went on for about an hour, no delay between the forks and explosions

Did the leccy stay going? Any problems milking?:)

was very oppurtunistic, havent had many barbecues this year, ended up coming inside half way through and back out for the end of it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Any one selling turf I need it baged thought.my usual man didn't do it this yr
    I see Sunday is going to be very stormy and plenty of rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

naughto wrote: »
    Any one selling turf I need it baged thought.my usual man didn't do it this yr
    I see Sunday is going to be very stormy and plenty of rain

Yeah, how many bags do you want? Uncles a fuel merchant

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement