Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Rain has eased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Rain eased off with last 2 hours, glad I didn't spread slurry yday or twud be gone down the river. Windy enuv all the time few small branches down on the way home there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Silage man rang there wondering would he mow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Silage man rang there wondering would he mow?

Bad rain coming wed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Wet and wild windy here now

Reggie. wrote: »
    Bad rain coming wed

Very windy here. He's mowing now and pick up tomorrow. Feck it can't wait any longer. Having a barbecue

Very windy here. He's mowing now and pick up tomorrow. Feck it can't wait any longer. Having a barbecue

I'd say you'd be grand if ya pick up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Very stormy here a lot of rain as well u sold think it was the middle of winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Wild and wet in west cork

Wild and wet in west cork

Just to clarify that's the weather I'm on about, not tonight's feature film on the adult movie channel!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Just to clarify that's the weather I'm on about, not tonight's feature film on the adult movie channel!!

Glad you cleared that up DSW. We'd never know with your rep.

I was sorting out cattle this evening for the factory in the moring and was in full wet gear. If this is global warming, I don't know my arse from my elbow. It's coldish, wet and a gale blowing.

Glad you cleared that up DSW. We'd never know with your rep.

I was sorting out cattle this evening for the factory in the moring and was in full wet gear. If this is global warming, I don't know my arse from my elbow. It's coldish, wet and a gale blowing.

My rep??!! Didn't realise I had one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Mowed 15 ac here today too. Big crop on it.
    Pick up tomorrow.
    Still 15 ac to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I travelled back to ndc from Longford earlier this afternoon and the combines were hard at work cutting winter barley around Tara and the N2. I could see the dust rising from the fields.
    Still dry but the wind is getting stronger. I reckon it will be a long night for those tillage lads.

Very dark this morning

Very dark this morning

Once it's dry for your silage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Lashing here on and off since 1030am
    Radar shows us in a shower train

A few light showers here. Picking up silage now

Showers here would drown you!
    Reds on the radar,a little narrow line about 20km wide but stretching into the midlands here travelling in the same direction making it a wet day if in their line of attack but dry 20km north or south of them

• Advertisement

Fairly wet down here

Hope rain will stay away for you. How's the ground will they have to go half loads for any of it?

Ah ye can hold onto the rain for a few hours :)

Milked out wrote:
    Hope rain will stay away for you. How's the ground will they have to go half loads for any of it?

Doesn't seem to be too bad. So far so good. Only one wettish field being cut

Grand here

• Advertisement

Grand here

Nice and green to the butt, bit of heat and after grass should be on quick enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Coldest July in over 20 years according to the indo. Well believe it. Grass growth nonexistent here the last few weeks.

Milked out wrote: »
    Nice and green to the butt, bit of heat and after grass should be on quick enough

Reseeded that field last year

Muckit wrote: »
    Coldest July in over 20 years according to the indo. Well believe it. Grass growth nonexistent here the last few weeks.

Yeah same here. Grass has stalled completely

Raining

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Tis wet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Tis

Raining

You were lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

raining again for the day

Absolute monsoon here now, and all night as well, and Monday night and all day Sunday as well, u get my drift. Cows coming in for silage in an hr or so, they'll go dry if this continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Soft day.

Absolute monsoon here now, and all night as well, and Monday night and all day Sunday as well, u get my drift. Cows coming in for silage in an hr or so, they'll go dry if this continues

Stop, have perfect covers for them now if the weather was dry they.d be away, hopefully this will be the last of anything heavy for a while. Still have to get slurry out on silage ground and burn off ground for reseeding haven't had the weather to spray in a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Soft day.
    :D

Ground just starting to soften a bit, a bit of warm weather and growth will take off. Glad i followed frazzleds advice and blanket spread last week. 2 more loads tomorrow and the tractor going in to get the gearbox sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Quote from the infamous Donegal Postman at the end of May:

//Michael has been studying the signs and he says they all point to sunshine and high temperatures this summer.
    He bases his predictions on years of observing Donegal wildlife.
    He said: "Nature and animals are very knowledgeable, they know what’s going to happen with the weather.
    “They have an instinct which we as human beings don’t have.”//

Total clown!

AP2014 wrote: »
    Quote from the infamous Donegal Postman at the end of May:

//Michael has been studying the signs and he says they all point to sunshine and high temperatures this summer.
    He bases his predictions on years of observing Donegal wildlife.
    He said: "Nature and animals are very knowledgeable, they know what’s going to happen with the weather.
    “They have an instinct which we as human beings don’t have.”//

Total clown!
    yr.no is not accurate on hour to hour forecast so how can someone predict months in advance whats going to happen, he might be a clown alright but the people reading that crap are clowns too if they believe it

• Advertisement

yr.no is not accurate on hour to hour forecast so how can someone predict months in advance whats going to happen, he might be a clown alright but the people reading that crap are clowns too if they believe it

True and the bloody media constantly giving him airtime and paper coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

AP2014 wrote: »
    True and the bloody media constantly giving him airtime and paper coverage.

His way is just as good as Groundhog day, st swithins day and that new zealand bloke. I reckon some wildlife can tell what weather is coming but no more than lads with dicky knees...or migraines :P

ganmo wrote: »
    His way is just as good as Groundhog day, st swithins day and that new zealand bloke. I reckon some wildlife can tell what weather is coming but no more than lads with dicky knees...or migraines :P

I reckon the birds know more than him alright.

Monsoonal rain in east wicklow at the moment

Monsoonal rain in east wicklow at the moment
    grand here, got fertiliser out after silage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Ground just starting to soften a bit, a bit of warm weather and growth will take off. Glad i followed frazzleds advice and blanket spread last week. 2 more loads tomorrow and the tractor going in to get the gearbox sorted.

What's wrong with gearbox buford ? Let me guess JD ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Monsoon here at the minute, the rainfall radar on met.ie looks weird at the minute. That's the longest cloud I've ever seen:mad:

tanko wrote: »
    Monsoon here at the minute, the rainfall radar on met.ie looks weird at the minute. That's the longest cloud I've ever seen:mad:

Just the odd bits of rain today. I'd say the rest of the year is gonna be broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

What's wrong with gearbox buford ? Let me guess JD ?

Yeah, 10 series. D range drops off unless you keep hold of the gearstick and now C range is getting hard to get into as neutral is after moving up towards A and C ranges. Have to pop the cab anyway to replace the spring on the foot throttle so will do the lot while I'm at it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Rain rain and more rain in the west :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement