Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'm on the high stool by chance this morn . I haven't had a pint in a couple of months I'd say but it's nice to be looking out at the wind and rain supping on a pint of Guinny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Horrible here and I'm waiting on a meal delivery of a pallet of nuts. Will have fun carting all those into the byre later on. It'll be hayshed-rain-byre-hayshed-rain-byre-hayshed-rain-byre :(:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'm on the high stool by chance this morn . I haven't had a pint in a couple of months I'd say but it's nice to be looking out at the wind and rain supping on a pint of Guinny!

Ah jaysus... dont be sickening us all, and some of stuck in dull, grey offices... :(

Was mad windy for a while there, but after dying down there now again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Kovu wrote: »
    Horrible here and I'm waiting on a meal delivery of a pallet of nuts. Will have fun carting all those into the byre later on. It'll be hayshed-rain-byre-hayshed-rain-byre-hayshed-rain-byre :(:pac:
    waiting on hoof care man, he will de bud calves too. was supposed to be here at 11, will probably start to bucket down when he comes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Ah jaysus... dont be sickening us all, and some of stuck in dull, grey offices... :(

Was mad windy for a while there, but after dying down there now again...

my window view out of the office is the back end of a truck. a lad on night shift parked it there abd keys with him so j cant move it :/ like being in prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

my window view out of the office is the back end of a truck. a lad on night shift parked it there abd keys with him so j cant move it :/ like being in prison

I think i'd rather be in an office today than outside in this weather.
    Any animals out today will be looking for the shelter of a ditch.
    I had the cows out this morning for a few hours after milking but got them back in before this wind and rain really started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

Horrible here and I'm waiting on a meal delivery of a pallet of nuts. Will have fun carting all those into the byre later on. It'll be hayshed-rain-byre-RAIN-hayshed-rain-byre-RAIN-hayshed-rain-byre :(:pac:

Fixed that for you K

cjpm wrote: »
    Fixed that for you K

I shall magic the rain away on the way back with my grumpy face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

are u a still on the high stool

• Advertisement

COLD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

rough in the uk today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Heavy sleet showers here in Cavan, damn cold. Kids were complaining that heating isnt on yet - this was the first morning that it was missed, will be turning on the timer thisevening..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Jesus this time yesterday it was 15 degrees down here. Today 6 degrees. And what an awful night. Has to move sheep in the middle of the night when the flood came up.

_Brian wrote: »
    Heavy sleet showers here in Cavan, damn cold. Kids were complaining that heating isnt on yet - this was the first morning that it was missed, will be turning on the timer thisevening..
    My parents have a very awkward timer for their heating, its an electronic clock/ timer with 4 zones on it. They dont understand it and it returns to factory settings if power goes off, factory settings mean heating is on for about 12 hours:rolleyes:. Takes about 30 minutes to reset the fecking thing, so I got landed with the job last night. Think I might do a mrs Doyle with it and feck the whole thing up completely ;) Great to get to mid november without a need for heating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

that is a cat morning , cleaning out shed for weanlings to go in, hope pneumonia wont be a problem

• Advertisement

Dickie10 wrote: »
    that is a cat morning , cleaning out shed for weanlings to go in, hope pneumonia wont be a problem

Indeed :D
    xnqTLuGm.jpg

Was lovely here at six, not a breath of wind and stars all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Great drying in the wind here today
    Pity all the good work will be undone tomorrow and sunday withe the rain thats coming
    Cold!

Indeed :D
    xnqTLuGm.jpg

Was lovely here at six, not a breath of wind and stars all out.

Pussy in the bed ! Do we get a prize for innuendo ?

Pussy in the bed ! Do we get a prize for innuendo ?

It's been done before on Twitter I'm afraid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

that looks like a lynx more than a house cat some lenght in him
    !!

• Advertisement

Dickie10 wrote: »
    that looks like a lynx more than a house cat some lenght in him
    !!

He's abut 6.5kg at last vet weigh in. He has a mayonnaise and mouse addiction. Sharing a bed with him is not fun as he takes up half of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

He's abut 6.5kg at last vet weigh in. He has a mayonnaise and mouse addiction. Sharing a bed with him is not fun as he takes up half of it.

Ah jasus Kovu. You must covered in fecking cat hairs.

Still bucketing rain down here. The place is so wet now the farm might get washed away to sunnier clims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Someone needs to check their rainfall radar. My own says its wet.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Ah jasus Kovu. You must covered in fecking cat hairs.

Still bucketing rain down here. The place is so wet now the farm might get washed away to sunnier clims.

Or in a parallel universe, he's covered in Kovu hairs....:D To be honest he sheds very little, mixes with the cattle hairs!

It's bleeding bucketing down here, lost my welly on the way to feed cows this morning. Wet foot as I wasn't able to stop my forward momentum :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

some serious amount of rain promised here for this evening not looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Certainly not the nicest of evenings out. Tractor rocking away in the wind and rain pulling around the sheds

Lashed rain all morning in east wicklow, then there was a lull from 2 to 5
    Lashing rain again now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Coming out of Dublin, never gone as slow on M4, conditions aren't good.
    Taking a break in Applegreen, does some trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Farrell wrote: »
    Coming out of Dublin, never gone as slow on M4, conditions aren't good.
    Taking a break in Applegreen, does some trade

Id does alright. There does be bad cross winds. Worst spot is on athenry overpass. Shocking evening to be on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Like deadliest catch outside at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭case5130

+ 1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

lol, same again today.
    As an old lad round here used to say 'Tis a day for the settle bed or the high stool'.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

mild, dry and cloudy this morning , feeding round bales on farm roadway, got half foot grass to clean off after slurry application a few months ago,
    a week of dry hard weather would be a gift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

sandydan wrote: »
    mild, dry and cloudy this morning , feeding round bales on farm roadway, got half foot grass to clean off after slurry application a few months ago,
    a week of dry hard weather would be a gift

Lot of land under water here in Meath

was in bed last night listening to the wind and rain, had visions of my dry cows that are up on the mountains being in a bad way. Went up after milking this morning and they were fine, brought them in anyway. Alot warmer today than it was yesterday

Nearly needed flippers for the two dry cows in the field this morning, they were standing in water. Moved them up the hill now.
    Been very wet all day and wind is now starting to pick up, fecking hate rain being blown about like it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Nearly needed flippers for the two dry cows in the field this morning, they were standing in water. Moved them up the hill now.
    Been very wet all day and wind is now starting to pick up, fecking hate rain being blown about like it is now.

Tbh when the wind is as strong as it is I nearly prefer rain in it as I'd say it's true what dad says that it seems to dampen the ferocity of a strong gale

Localish gaa pitch. One that is playable in the worst of weather!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Not too bad only raining between the showers.

• Advertisement

Localish gaa pitch. One that is playable in the worst of weather!

On the plus side, you now have a swimming pool to train in!

On the plus side, you now have a swimming pool to train in!

Dont play for those buckos. But its one place you'd never think of getting flooded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

On the way to the airport whilst dropping youngest to get the bus back to Galway he announced that he was going to buy a pair of waterproof pull ups tomorrow as he was sick and tired of getting soaked on his way to and from college. I nearly crashed the van in exasperation as he has refused to wear wet gear that I bought previously for him.
    Doh - the penny has eventually dropped after three years attending NUIG :eek:

Base price wrote: »
    On the way to the airport whilst dropping youngest to get the bus back to Galway he announced that he was going to buy a pair of waterproof pull ups tomorrow as he was sick and tired of getting soaked on his way to and from college. I nearly crashed the van in exasperation as he has refused to wear wet gear that I bought previously for him.
    Doh - the penny has eventually dropped after three years attending NUIG :eek:

The college really turns the boys into men !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The Barrow is after bursting it's banks here couple of 100 acres under water a few miles away from us, very same as a nice sized lakes after forming

Light rain just started in East Wicklow
    Twas a lovely day up to now

• Advertisement

sh*te morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Starting to get very windy here at the moment. Still mild at 14 degrees with occasional heavy showers. Sun is shining at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Here at work looking out. Feels like the wind is almost at Feb 13 strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Tree down on our road, winter is here with a vengeance

Violent wind here in east wicklow
    Powers out since half four
    Hooking up generator to milk now
    ESB says no hooe of it back before 8

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement