Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Bitter, wet and horrible. Glad to see the fire going after coming down from the winterage in the quad. Fingers finally starting to work again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Getting windy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Getting windy now.

Windy and very drizzly here all morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Windy, slight drizzle and mild here in NCD at 11.5 degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Absolutely bucketing down here :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Wee bit soft here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Wee bit soft here

On/ off grazing u be grand!

Wee bit soft here

What's the fishing like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Wee bit soft here

gosh id hate to see your idea of a puddle
    my idea of a bit soft would be not suitable for walking using slippers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

Weather is crap constant rain. I had great plans to plant trees during the holidays but it's getting hard to find the fields in the water. Glad I'm back to work tomorrow no point wasting holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭inthepit

Wee bit soft here

Is the ballcock dripping a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bounccat

Spilling here in galway all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

I saw freshly baled silage driving through Laois today beside the motorway.

The news brought it all home there this evening, did ye see the coffin being moved on a tractor and trailer:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The news brought it all home there this evening, did ye see the coffin being moved on a tractor and trailer:eek::eek:

I presume the mourners were in the cattle trailer...............

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement

I did not see it on the news but OH told me about it earlier today - RIP.

greysides wrote: »
    I presume the mourners were in the cattle trailer...............
    Not your finest post greysides :mad:

http://bit.ly/1QWWuTu there was another tractor with a cattle trailer on it following this one, I assumeas Greysides says there were more mourners in this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

http://bit.ly/1QWWuTu there was another tractor with a cattle trailer on it following this one, I assume as Greysides says there were more mourners in this

I saw the second trailer and the only cargo I thought it could be taking would be .... the mourners. :)

Strange but if needs must..

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

http://bit.ly/1QWWuTu there was another tractor with a cattle trailer on it following this one, I assumeas Greysides says there were more mourners in this
    There were several tractors and trailers involved carrying the remains (RIP), relatives, family, priest and friends.

• Advertisement

greysides wrote: »
    I saw the second trailer and the only cargo I thought it could be taking would be .... the mourners. :)

Strange but if needs must..
    According to OH the mourners sat upon two open trailers which was the custom in times past.
    Maybe the pics on the News did not reflect the actual scene and if so then I apologise for my earlier comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Wetter than a babys chin in kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Lashing rain here all day just an hours break after 1 o clock.
    There must be records broken with all this rain. Never saw the roads flash flood here as much as this winter.
    The rain has eased off a bit there now.
    Supposed to be strong winds here tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Stopped raining now serious amount of surface water around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Rain, rain, rain and more rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭tanko

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Rain, rain, rain and more rain.

Did you not mean Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain.
    It was like monsoon season here today for a while, lots more on the way, is there any end to it in sight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Eerily quiet here in Clare. The real calm before the storm.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

anyone else suffering from a form of cabin fever,spending a good bit of time indoors and anytime i go out its pissing down and walking through pools of water.one of the lads came and sat beside me the other evening and said he was fed up of tne playstation and that takes some doing.we all have a bit of a cold/flu which isnt helping but i have a few jobs id like to get cracking on but the weather is killing any chance

keep going wrote: »
    anyone else suffering from a form of cabin fever,spending a good bit of time indoors and anytime i go out its pissing down and walking through pools of water.one of the lads came and sat beside me the other evening and said he was fed up of tne playstation and that takes some doing.we all have a bit of a cold/flu which isnt helping but i have a few jobs id like to get cracking on but the weather is killing any chance
    Playstation -WTF.
    Man cold/flu - WTF
    :D:D:D:D

lovely morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

lovely morning

Lovely morning for ducks here in Leitrim,fed two rams nuts in a feeder there that was emptied out this time yesterday am,was full of water!!....must have been savage rain here last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

think you may just be fed up being corralled inside house if you are an outdoors type, who likes being active outside getting jobs done.
    think there is another more serious effect of winter, referred to as SAD or sunlight acquired deficiency syndrome. effects lots of people in wintertime , usual remedy for acute sufferers is emigrate to sunnier climate or get light into bedroom in measured amounts starting from around 5 in morning, costly but works i hear,
    fine here no sunshine but dry, i let out cows for a spell, they are lying on slats not on the straw bedded cubicles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

I brought weanlings in from the kale yesterday. They had access to a 5ac grass field and a 10ac stubble field with every single square inch of each covered in mud and water. Had only seen a handful of them lying down over the last 10 days and reckoned they were getting very stiff looking.

They will be a pain in the neck while they are in but at least I won't be worrying about them while the rain lashes down outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Wind picking up here few heavy showers about.

brought kids bowling there 12.50 for an hour, was very busy. Still dry here, got some dosing done earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

very blustery here no rain as of yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Wet and wild here. After wiring up lights in two old sheds. Hope they still have roof in morning!

is it normal to have so many storms so close tgether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

What's normal. Bridges washed away in Britain and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here (although maybe we build better bridges here).
    They're saying another storm New Years Day.
    Slaney is looking like it will flood enniscorthy with all this rain this evening.

• Advertisement

Very windy and wet here in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Quite literally you would not put a cat out in it

Kids were guessing what the next storm would be called beginning with g. Daughter reckoned Gayle. It will be Gertrude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Jesus Christ on a bicycle it hasn't stopped raining here all day. The amount the river rose in the space of 2 hours is frightening.
    And me looking at the slurry rising up to the slats at an alarming rate.couldn't spread it with a helicopter down here. This reminds me of that Johnny Cash song "How highs the water momma ". And tomorrow's given worse.

Kids were guessing what the next storm would be called beginning with g. Daughter reckoned Gayle. It will be Gertrude

That's supposed to hit on friday

Reggie. wrote: »
    That's supposed to hit on friday

It's mad Ted

• Advertisement

It's mad Ted

What did the country do to deserve this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Quite literally you would not put a cat out in it

I just did :) Blow the fleas off him.

Kovu wrote: »
    I just did :) Blow the fleas off him.

And that stupid christmas decoration :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

Reggie. wrote: »
    What did the country do to deserve this

that would be an ecumenical matter.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    What's normal. Bridges washed away in Britain and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here (although maybe we build better bridges here).
    They're saying another storm New Years Day.
    Slaney is looking like it will flood enniscorthy with all this rain this evening.
    Those bridges were most likely built by our dear ancestors so don't knock them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement