Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the weather like in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

was able to walk out in the fields in a pair of runners today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Rolling going on here today
    No way that 20 is pulling that roller, unless it's all downhill ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    No way that 20 is pulling that roller, unless it's all downhill ;)

Oh was rolling that area all day with it. Very flat. Have a video of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Was lovely here today so I took a stroll to the Longford border and back! Stopped halfway in our bog to get a sup of water from the spring I remembered being there and somebody has restored it perfectly with a wee bucket hanging up for catching the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Kovu wrote: »
    ......restored it perfectly with a wee bucket hanging up for catching the water.

A wee bucket?
    And you drink out of that?
    :-)

A wee bucket?
    And you drink out of that?
    :-)

Aye sure at least it's sterile!:D

Was lovely here today so I took a stroll to the Longford border and back! Stopped halfway in our bog to get a sup of water from the spring I remembered being there and somebody has restored it perfectly with a wee bucket hanging up for catching the water.
    Ye should have kept walking a bit further and I would have put the kettle on :)
    Fair play to the person that restored the well. A neighbour keeps access to our local well briar free during the summer but nobody uses it any more.

Base price wrote: »
    Ye should have kept walking a bit further and I would have put the kettle on :)
    Fair play to the person that restored the well. A neighbour keeps access to our local well briar free during the summer but nobody uses it any more.

Next time maybe, would be hard to walk though Ballinamuck with Dillons looking so tempting though!
    The spring used to be trickling down the peat side and you have to shimmy down the bank a bit to get to it. Now you still have to get down and jump a stream but there's a bit of metal jutting out catching the flow of water. Looks like someone just cleaned out the drain a bit and reworked the original flow slightly.

Next time maybe, would be hard to walk though Ballinamuck with Dillons looking so tempting though!
    The spring used to be trickling down the peat side and you have to shimmy down the bank a bit to get to it. Now you still have to get down and jump a stream but there's a bit of metal jutting out catching the flow of water. Looks like someone just cleaned out the drain a bit and reworked the original flow slightly.
    I will take a pic of the disused well which at the time was used for drinking water by my Grandparents/Uncle and pre dated community water schemes. They used the "scuch" for water for livestock/fowl about the house.
    My Grandad used to clean out the well every year and "lime" it so that it was safe. As the youngest grandchild I hated hauling buckets of water from the well.
    I remember my Grandmam drawing buckets of water from barrels outside the house and heating the water on the range to bath/wash me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Another lovely dry fresh morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Serious fog in Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

This foggy here. Real Tetney weather at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Dry so far but sun playing peek-a-boo, no wind.

LinF wrote: »
    Dry so far but sun playing peek-a-boo, no wind.

Sun Sun is out now and fog is burning off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Beautiful morning, fencing yesterday, love it in this weather

• Advertisement

Dry but masses of clouds in constant motion with sun hiding but poking out periodically

lovely day, great drying. Getting loads of slurry out

Great day here. Got cold tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

fog up in the hills��

Dry and sun is out but insisting on playing hide & seek with the clouds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Cool morning, overcast, but nice and dry. Places are after drying up fierce the last few days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Warm here this morning
    West is the new East!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Perishing weather.
    Dry but cold.

frosty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

-2 and frosty here aswell but its great to see the drying during the last few days

Bullocks wrote: »
    -2 and frosty here aswell but its great to see the drying during the last few days
    spoke with someone the other day who said if it keeps up the ground will get too hard ffs

spoke with someone the other day who said if it keeps up the ground will get too hard ffs

It can turn to flint and I'll still be happy not to see the muck we've had the last few months . In fairness I'd say its getting time quickly to get a bit of rolling done

Very frosty here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

That was a cold one!
    ME recorded -5 in Mullingar at 7am.

Frosty here -1c.

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    That was a cold one!
    ME recorded -5 in Mullingar at 7am.

Frosty here -1c.

Still feels like that here atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

It can turn to flint and I'll still be happy not to see the muck we've had the last few months . In fairness I'd say its getting time quickly to get a bit of rolling done

I think I may be a few days late for that here. Started grazing paddocks last week with 10 yearlings. On the third now. The first one is flying up again and lush green. Thank the Lord for a bit of sun! Hopefully the frost won't knock it back much.

I think I may be a few days late for that here. Started grazing paddocks last week with 10 yearlings. On the third now. The first one is flying up again and lush green. Thank the Lord for a bit of sun! Hopefully the frost won't knock it back much.

Got alot of aerating done here 3 days ago

Reggie. wrote: »
    Got alot of aerating done here 3 days ago

How ya find that over rolling?

And does your aerator act as a roller aswell for hoof marks and tracks ?

Its does both really. Just thought it would be no harm to have slits aswell. Not a great pic

very foggy now

And does your aerator act as a roller aswell for hoof marks and tracks ?

Yeah it just is harder pulled

Reggie. wrote: »
    Yeah it just is harder pulled

Sure if its idle I'd take it here for a couple of days !

You can call in here before ya head whest with it. Would only suit half our ground. Would be bouncing on stones on the rest.

• Advertisement

Just working on it atm

Dull & dry

It's was dry but cold today

Lovely sunny day but cold-ish and was outside most of it tipping away so was pretty much...coat on too hot, coat off too cold....coat on....coat off...coat on...coat off ad infinitum.

Lovely sunny day but cold-ish and was outside most of it tipping away so was pretty much...coat on too hot, coat off too cold....coat on....coat off...coat on...coat off ad infinitum.
    be careful you could get man flu

be careful you could get man flu

Ah be grand....I had a woolly hat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

...coat on too hot, coat off too cold....coat on....coat off...coat on...coat off ad infinitum.

I'm a great man for the sleeveless jacket. I nearly always wear one. I'm rarely too warm or too cold. Though they're not much good of a wet day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I'm a great man for the sleeveless jacket. I nearly always wear one. I'm rarely too warm or too cold. Though they're not much good of a wet day.

A sleeveless jacket you say sir? Around here they are called a bodywarmer! Good day sir.

Muckit wrote: »
    A sleeveless jacket you say sir? Around here they are called a bodywarmer! Good day sir.
    Daughter had a friend over one day, when she was going home she was looking for her jillet! I never heard of it before, daughter said its what posh people call a bodywarmer

Cold, no rain but feeling decidedly damp & horrible!

Here it is spelled "gillet", how can one thing be called so many names, very confusing for us non born over here.

LinF wrote: »
    Cold, no rain but feeling decidedly damp & horrible!

Here it is spelled "gillet", how can one thing be called so many names, very confusing for us non born over here.

Where to you off ? Ive been confused a few times over there aswell !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement